chopping hay on green river? #console

BigNRichlll

chopping hay on green river? #console

Post by BigNRichlll »

so where I'm from usually we use our forage harvester to "dry chop" hay into trailers. when I went to do this on Green River using a pickup head on the chopper, it turned tedded hay back into plain grass going in the trailer. Is that a map bug or what? I really prefer to do it this way simply because where I'm from thats how we do it instead of loading wagons. like to keep things real ya know?
I make jokes that others don't get.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Re: chopping hay on green river? #console

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Think it has been doing that for awhile now.Not totally sure though cause I use the snowblower and the BSM trailer.
PS4
PS5
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

BigNRichlll wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:21 am so where I'm from usually we use our forage harvester to "dry chop" hay into trailers. when I went to do this on Green River using a pickup head on the chopper, it turned tedded hay back into plain grass going in the trailer. Is that a map bug or what? I really prefer to do it this way simply because where I'm from thats how we do it instead of loading wagons. like to keep things real ya know?
That's just the way the game is set up
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I think it does that because I dont think you can put hay in a silage clamp, it will just turn to grass there anyways
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

But then why even have the hay symbol in the header compatibility if its not? I'm not putting it in a clamp, I'm feeding it immediately or putting it in a silo for backup in case I run out of bales before another grass cutting is ready. Really hope Giants fixes this in 19. Its one of those realism breakdowns that kinda spoils the fun of putting in the labor.
Guil

Post by Guil »

redglasses wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:23 pm I think it does that because I dont think you can put hay in a silage clamp, it will just turn to grass there anyways
Iirc everything turns to chaff when it's tipped in the clamp.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Ya I know
My Discord
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

BigNRichlll wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:01 pm But then why even have the hay symbol in the header compatibility if its not? I'm not putting it in a clamp, I'm feeding it immediately or putting it in a silo for backup in case I run out of bales before another grass cutting is ready. Really hope Giants fixes this in 19. Its one of those realism breakdowns that kinda spoils the fun of putting in the labor.
It has the hay symbol because it will pick up hay, but it does turn it to grass
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

I nearly rage quit with same problem when I first played this map. Collected a zillion liters of hay using snow blower and trailer put it all into silo only to discover it had all turned to grass.
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

niggle44 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:19 pm I nearly rage quit with same problem when I first played this map. Collected a zillion liters of hay using snow blower and trailer put it all into silo only to discover it had all turned to grass.
lol I feel you. the only thing maybe worse than this was when I updated the map, & his new "snow mask" has spawned in every tree that Id ever cut down, some 254 to be exact. took me around 6hrs of straight timber work to get rid of them again, but for at least a week I didnt even go near Farm Sim I was so torn up about it.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Well did his update say you needed a new save?
My Discord
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

redglasses wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:23 pm Well did his update say you needed a new save?
it did not. :frown: Its ok, I got over it. the map itself it so worth it Im not even mad anymore. Time heals all wounds I guess.