Power Food Not Working

OrcaAmity

Re: Power Food Not Working

Post by OrcaAmity »

Guil wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:02 am It can be be any combination as long as, it's between 25-75% silage, 25-75% hay and 0-25% straw.
I don't know what is going on now. I put one bale of each in and the silage shown 33%, the hay shown 33% and the straw shown 33% and the straw was showing in the red while the other two were showing in the green. Then I added another bale of silage and the hay changed to 25%, the silage changed to 50% and the straw changed to 25% and the straw changed into the green. When I added another bale of hay the meter never changed. I have no idea what is going on. Then I went to empty it and it worked and it emptied the entire mixer and my power food meter went up to about 70%. Even though it's working now, I wonder why last week when I did this the same way, it only let me empty about 20% of the mixer and this week it let me empty the lot that got the power food meter up to about 70% instead of 24% again. Even though things are working now, I wonder why it's working different each time.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

That probably because there was too much hay and/or silage already fed, because feeding TMR also fills up the space for hay/silage.
The same goes for making TMR with straw, probably, if your straw is 100% you can't unload the TMR.
So if mixing goes wrong you might fill up everything except TMR and not be able to add TMR when its mixed right.

Anyway, the easiest way to make TMR is 2 hay bales and 2 silage bales/8000 liter loose silage. Can't do anything wrong that way.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

OrcaAmity wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:23 pm
I don't know what is going on now. I put one bale of each in and the silage shown 33%, the hay shown 33% and the straw shown 33% and the straw was showing in the red while the other two were showing in the green. Then I added another bale of silage and the hay changed to 25%, the silage changed to 50% and the straw changed to 25% and the straw changed into the green. When I added another bale of hay the meter never changed. I have no idea what is going on.
because there is no space left in the mixer. 4 bales x 4000l = 16000l
as to the limit for 6 days fed. There is only one way to break it. Putting the bales directly into the trough. Straw,hay,silage dsnt matter. My mixer stops only when both indicators are full, for hay / silage and power food. And I never had any problems with it. You can wait until both of them drop to 0 and then check how it works

I created a new savegame with 20 cows and 200000l power food, it is certainly above the norm for such a number of animals

I made a 50-50 mix (8000l silage: 8000l hay) despite the fact that there is already enough power food, I emptied the whole mixer

Now I took a straw. I put 2 bales directly into the trough with a bit of free space

now my mix is 8000l of silage and 4000l of straw and hay. After emptying the whole mixer, the straw indicator has not changed

Problem must be somewhere on your side because the game works fine
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Alagos wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:40 pm That probably because there was too much hay and/or silage already fed, because feeding TMR also fills up the space for hay/silage.
That was something I already suggested, or was at least attempting to.
Alagos wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:40 pm The same goes for making TMR with straw, probably, if your straw is 100% you can't unload the TMR.
Negative. Or at least not in my experience. I almost always use straw in the mix, since it tends to make feeding more economical, and I’ve never had it (also) fill the straw for bedding.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Not sure how anything can go wrong while adding straw to the mix, it still isn't that hard -.-
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<