Power Food Not Working

Azfoor

Re: Power Food Not Working

Post by Azfoor »

parad0x177 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:39 am
No, IRL, chaff is simply chopped far too small to bale.
You can bale chaff with the Goweil LT master! and its done irl to.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Azfoor wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:42 am
parad0x177 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:39 am
No, IRL, chaff is simply chopped far too small to bale.
You can bale chaff with the Goweil LT master! and its done irl to.
Forgot about that one. I don’t know that I think of what it does as producing a traditional “bale”; I guess I lump that more in the “silage bagging” category. But, fair point, I stand corrected.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

I managed to get the power food working last week and the percentage went to about 24% and my productivity went to 100% and I managed to breed one cow. Now my power food is listing at 0% my productivity is at 72% and when I try feeding my cows with more power food it keeps saying my cows have enough power food for six days. Something is not right because if that is the case then why is power food still at 0% and productivity at 72%? Last week everything was working.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Are you putting in grass, hay or silage separately? If so, I’m betting you filled the trough with other food stuffs, leaving no room for Power Food.

The easiest way to avoid the problem is to only feed from a properly mixed load of feed with the mixing wagon. This will automatically fill all the food types, so the only thing you need to do separately is provide straw (for bedding) and water.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

parad0x177 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:09 am Are you putting in grass, hay or silage separately? If so, I’m betting you filled the trough with other food stuffs, leaving no room for Power Food.

The easiest way to avoid the problem is to only feed from a properly mixed load of feed with the mixing wagon. This will automatically fill all the food types, so the only thing you need to do separately is provide straw (for bedding) and water.
I never. I went to the power food straight away and the problem happened. Thanks.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

What is the mix your using?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

redglasses wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:15 am What is the mix your using?
Straw, hay and silage. It worked last week and not now. I balanced all three out as I did last week when it worked. Thanks.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Have you tried to sell the cows and re buy them?
My Discord
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

redglasses wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:38 am Have you tried to sell the cows and re buy them?
I can't do that because it's taken me ages to breed them and so far I've only got one where they are harder to breed. I don't think it's the cows, it's something else causing this.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

This is my guess...because the power food also tops up hay/ silage they are both full to capacity and it won’t let you empty anymore power food as this is already at capacity. Just throwing up ideas and trying to help. I’m on PS4 and it’s a problem I’ve never had
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^No even when the hay is full you can still put in power food, unless they changed it.
My Discord
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Look at the symbols in the right corner

1 bale of hay (4000l)

quick check mixer

3 bales of wrapped grass (12000l)

mixer

I'm not using straw but u can use if you want. You can go 50-50 (2x bale of hay and 2x silage) or 4000l straw-4000l hay and 8000l silage(wrapped grass)

edit
I forgot to ask. do you have ss from the animal tab?
Guil

Post by Guil »

It can be be any combination as long as, it's between 25-75% silage, 25-75% hay and 0-25% straw.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Guil wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:02 am It can be be any combination as long as, it's between 25-75% silage, 25-75% hay and 0-25% straw.
The thing I don't understand is, when failed the other day, I emptied the mixer on the ground and added the straw, silage and hay the same way I did last week and it worked then. I don't understand why it's not working now and why when I try to feed my cows with the power food it always shows the message saying they have enough for six days when the power food meter read nothing at 0% all the time now. It was odd last week why it only went to 24% instead of 100% as all the other meters go.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

OrcaAmity wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:37 pm
Guil wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:02 am It can be be any combination as long as, it's between 25-75% silage, 25-75% hay and 0-25% straw.
The thing I don't understand is, when failed the other day, I emptied the mixer on the ground and added the straw, silage and hay the same way I did last week and it worked then. I don't understand why it's not working now and why when I try to feed my cows with the power food it always shows the message saying they have enough for six days when the power food meter read nothing at 0% all the time now. It was odd last week why it only went to 24% instead of 100% as all the other meters go.
I also haven't been able to make consistent head nor tails of "power food" and have experienced similar problems to what you are describing. Was the hay or the silage full at the time it would not accept any more power food? I've had that happen. Sometimes waiting a few game hours until the hay or silage is just below full, then "cracks the seal" so to speak for power food and allows it to take a full load. Also one time it would not accept power food that had straw in it (yes mixed to an acceptable ratio), when the straw meter was already overfull, and I had to wait for the straw meter to go down before I could unload the power food. I can't figure it out.

I also really don't get how the game determines what is filling when you unload "power food". Yes yes I know there is supposed to be some logic to how much of the silage bar fills and how much of the power food bar fills but I have not been able to observe a consistent response, plus I intermittently see the problems described above. If you mix "power food" and you have a requirement and a status bar for "power food" why doesn't it just fill that bar? Any why is "power food" just a combination of two ingredients you are already feeding? The whole mechanic is a little wacky.