Power Food Not Working

OrcaAmity

Power Food Not Working

Post by OrcaAmity »

I'm FS 17, I've been trying to make power food and the hay and straw was going okay and when I added a bale of silage the bar went up to only 5.94%. I added another bale and the percentage never went any higher. Then I added more and more bales of silage and the percentage is stuck on 5.94%. Straw is 44.06% and hay is 50%. Then I thought maybe I need to add another bale of straw and I did and that percentage is still showing 44.06%. Inside the machine that is mixing all this, the food is the right colour but the straw and the silage is not enough. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I can't see how I'm doing it wrong because I'm following what somebody shown in a video and his worked. The thing with that person, he only needed one bale of silage and it worked for him. I've put ten bales in and it's still showing 5.94% for silage.

There's times when I wonder if something is also wrong in FS 17. The last time I knew, silage is made from moist grass. I've also seen it in video of real-life farming. In FS 15 we cut fresh grass known as silage and sell it if we want at a silage pile. In FS 17, silage is known as grass wrapped and dried out. I thought when we dry out grass it's known as hay, not silage. Then I looked-up again on the internet and it says the different between silage and hay is, silage is moist and darker. Hay is dry and lighter. So why are we drying out the grass in wraps to make silage or drying it under a sheet to make silage. This is why I'm wondering why things are not working for me for the power food. Then I think back to why it worked for somebody in a video. When I baled freshly cut grass that is darker that I assumed is silage the mixer that makes power food won't except the dark green bales of grass. This is all confusing.
Patrick73

Re: Power Food Not Working

Post by Patrick73 »

Which mixer are you using? There are loads of combinations,but if it’s 16000l capacity...8000l of hay and 8000l of silage or you can do 4000l straw 4000l hay and the rest silage. Trust me it isn’t broken.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

my thoughts.. to begin with r u using an in game mixer or a mod? it might be bugged.. try resetting it.. as to the silage.. wrapping or covering wet grass doesn't dry it.. in fact it does the opposite.. wrapping it holds in the moisture and causes it to ferment.. the difference in grass and hay is grass still has its natural moisture causing it to be a darker color.. hay is dried grass causing it to be a lighter color.. silage is different entirely as its the result of a chemical reaction caused by the fermenting of wet grass or other crops
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Patrick73 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 pm Which mixer are you using? There are loads of combinations,but if it’s 16000l capacity...8000l of hay and 8000l of silage or you can do 4000l straw 4000l hay and the rest silage. Trust me it isn’t broken.
I'm using the red one that hooks on a tractor that is made by Soloking.

After I posted my message I emptied some of what I made and all three percentages changed and the silage one went up a little and the straw and hay went down. Then I started wondering if I started wrong with too much straw in there. I used big oblong bales of straw and I added a oblong bale of hay and the silage I added the round ones where I can only wrap that type of bale. Then I wondered if I added the wrapped bales of silage too soon where I need to wait a while longer for them to take effect from the wrapping. Then I wondered why the silage percentage went up a little when I emptied some of the contents of all three items inside. Then I realised this isn't a bug, I must be doing something wrong and it's a matter of what that is. Then I thought of trying again when the mixer is empty and putting one of each in at a time as round bales only because they are all the same size. In the video I watched somebody was using a different mixer that you can drive about where the mixer is a vehicle and that person said you can use the other mixer that you break bales of straw down with and that is the one I'm using, the cheaper one that he never used in the video. Thanks.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:21 pm my thoughts.. to begin with r u using an in game mixer or a mod? it might be bugged.. try resetting it.. as to the silage.. wrapping or covering wet grass doesn't dry it.. in fact it does the opposite.. wrapping it holds in the moisture and causes it to ferment.. the difference in grass and hay is grass still has its natural moisture causing it to be a darker color.. hay is dried grass causing it to be a lighter color.. silage is different entirely as its the result of a chemical reaction caused by the fermenting of wet grass or other crops
I'm not using any mods because I realised a while ago a lot of mods are made by players and their mods could corrupt my game like cheat codes can to any game. I did reset the mixer hoping it would empty so I could start making power food again from the beginning because I wonder if I started it off before with too much straw inside and I want to try again with round bales only and put one of each in at a time to balance things out. Then when I went back to the store to get my mixer the food was still inside. Normally when we reset something like a baler, a bale trailer or a tipper the contents are gone when we collect the item again.

With what you said about the wrapping, I wonder why somebody in a video had round bales of straw, round bales of hay and what he called silage was wrapped grass and he put all three in and made power food easy. I used to think bales that is wrapped would make the bales moist because of the heat trapped in and the condensation building-up inside. Then when I saw that video the person in the video mentioned about wrapping bales to make silage and then he mentioned the other way of doing it is to put grass in the grass silo and when there's enough and it's 100% compressed we place the sheet over and it turns the grass into silage that way as well. Then the same thing again, the sheet would hold heat and make the grass moist. Thanks.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

If the mix is wrong you could just unload onto the ground and use a loader to reload the loose stuff as I think it does come out separate ( in the correct quantities of course)
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Patrick73 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:06 pm If the mix is wrong you could just unload onto the ground and use a loader to reload the loose stuff as I think it does come out separate ( in the correct quantities of course)
Thanks for the info. At the moment I'll wait until my cows need more food that I can unload for them to save me the hassle of scooping up the mess. I wonder why that mixer doesn't empty when it's reset and the balers do.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

OrcaAmity wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:48 pm With what you said about the wrapping, I wonder why somebody in a video had round bales of straw, round bales of hay and what he called silage was wrapped grass and he put all three in and made power food easy. I used to think bales that is wrapped would make the bales moist because of the heat trapped in and the condensation building-up inside. Then when I saw that video the person in the video mentioned about wrapping bales to make silage and then he mentioned the other way of doing it is to put grass in the grass silo and when there's enough and it's 100% compressed we place the sheet over and it turns the grass into silage that way as well. Then the same thing again, the sheet would hold heat and make the grass moist. Thanks.
Silage is quite literally fermented plant matter; it stores well and offers health benefits for cattle. It can also be used to produce bio-methane. The process involves anaerobic bacteria “eating” the plant matter in a dark, moist, oxygen-free environment. As it happens, IRL one can achieve the right conditions both by baling (still somewhat moist) grass, wrapping it tightly in plastic, and waiting. (The conversion happens instantly in the base game, no waiting.) Or, one can load a silage clamp (or “silo”) with “chaff” (chopped plant matter), compress it (generally by driving over it), then cover it securely, and wait. (Waiting is required for this approach, even in the game.) So, you were mostly on the right track with your thinking on wet bales. Most of the crops can be chaffed in the game, with a forage harvester and the proper cutter. (Grass dropped directly into a clamp instantly becomes chaff.)

On the mixer you are using: That one is easy (and my preferred one); drop one (but no more) bale of straw in, then add one bale each of hay and silage. The remaining space can be either silage or hay, your choice. Note that the straw can be omitted and hay and silage added equally, but this will be more tend to be more “expensive”.

As for why the mixer doesn’t empty, your guess is as good as mine!
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

I love making powerfood for my cows, most maps I make sure I always have at least 2million units ready to feed them in the winter.

I only encountered issues when first trying, think I added too much straw. Still, you can read the forums/ watch videos and you'll be pumping it out in vast numbers anyway.

Also with mods (PS4) I've yet to have one to crash my system, and I've been playing since last year.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

OrcaAmity wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:43 pm I'm FS 17, I've been trying to make power food and the hay and straw was going okay and when I added a bale of silage the bar went up to only 5.94%. I added another bale and the percentage never went any higher. Then I added more and more bales of silage and the percentage is stuck on 5.94%. Straw is 44.06% and hay is 50%. Then I thought maybe I need to add another bale of straw and I did and that percentage is still showing 44.06%. Inside the machine that is mixing all this, the food is the right colour but the straw and the silage is not enough. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I can't see how I'm doing it wrong because I'm following what somebody shown in a video and his worked. The thing with that person, he only needed one bale of silage and it worked for him. I've put ten bales in and it's still showing 5.94% for silage.

There's times when I wonder if something is also wrong in FS 17. The last time I knew, silage is made from moist grass. I've also seen it in video of real-life farming. In FS 15 we cut fresh grass known as silage and sell it if we want at a silage pile. In FS 17, silage is known as grass wrapped and dried out. I thought when we dry out grass it's known as hay, not silage. Then I looked-up again on the internet and it says the different between silage and hay is, silage is moist and darker. Hay is dry and lighter. So why are we drying out the grass in wraps to make silage or drying it under a sheet to make silage. This is why I'm wondering why things are not working for me for the power food. Then I think back to why it worked for somebody in a video. When I baled freshly cut grass that is darker that I assumed is silage the mixer that makes power food won't except the dark green bales of grass. This is all confusing.
you aint gotta dry grass to wrap.it for.silage. if youre usinf seasons and wrap hay,it.stays hay
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Patrick73 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:06 pm If the mix is wrong you could just unload onto the ground and use a loader to reload the loose stuff as I think it does come out separate ( in the correct quantities of course)
adding to this, you can use the 11000L bucket on the wheel loader put like 100l of straw/hay/silage,whichever one you need.to lose some of,pull the wheelloader so the bucket is under the discharge of the mixer and itll dump into the bucket
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

parad0x177 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:43 am
OrcaAmity wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:48 pm With what you said about the wrapping, I wonder why somebody in a video had round bales of straw, round bales of hay and what he called silage was wrapped grass and he put all three in and made power food easy. I used to think bales that is wrapped would make the bales moist because of the heat trapped in and the condensation building-up inside. Then when I saw that video the person in the video mentioned about wrapping bales to make silage and then he mentioned the other way of doing it is to put grass in the grass silo and when there's enough and it's 100% compressed we place the sheet over and it turns the grass into silage that way as well. Then the same thing again, the sheet would hold heat and make the grass moist. Thanks.
Silage is quite literally fermented plant matter; it stores well and offers health benefits for cattle. It can also be used to produce bio-methane. The process involves anaerobic bacteria “eating” the plant matter in a dark, moist, oxygen-free environment. As it happens, IRL one can achieve the right conditions both by baling (still somewhat moist) grass, wrapping it tightly in plastic, and waiting. (The conversion happens instantly in the base game, no waiting.) Or, one can load a silage clamp (or “silo”) with “chaff” (chopped plant matter), compress it (generally by driving over it), then cover it securely, and wait. (Waiting is required for this approach, even in the game.) So, you were mostly on the right track with your thinking on wet bales. Most of the crops can be chaffed in the game, with a forage harvester and the proper cutter. (Grass dropped directly into a clamp instantly becomes chaff.)

On the mixer you are using: That one is easy (and my preferred one); drop one (but no more) bale of straw in, then add one bale each of hay and silage. The remaining space can be either silage or hay, your choice. Note that the straw can be omitted and hay and silage added equally, but this will be more tend to be more “expensive”.

As for why the mixer doesn’t empty, your guess is as good as mine!
When I harvest a crop for chaff, can I still makes bales from it or do I have to use a JCB to shovel it up? Thanks.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Attack Wave wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:11 pm I love making powerfood for my cows, most maps I make sure I always have at least 2million units ready to feed them in the winter.

I only encountered issues when first trying, think I added too much straw. Still, you can read the forums/ watch videos and you'll be pumping it out in vast numbers anyway.

Also with mods (PS4) I've yet to have one to crash my system, and I've been playing since last year.
I think that is why mine never worked out. I think I added too much straw. At first I only used the mixer to break down straw to feed my cows straw and I still had a lot left in the mixer when I decided to make power food and I believe that was were I made a mistake.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

OrcaAmity wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:51 pm When I harvest a crop for chaff, can I still makes bales from it or do I have to use a JCB to shovel it up? Thanks.
like harvest grass?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

OrcaAmity wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:51 pm When I harvest a crop for chaff, can I still makes bales from it or do I have to use a JCB to shovel it up? Thanks.
No, IRL, chaff is simply chopped far too small to bale. Also, in the game, the forage harvesters that chaff crops will not discharge to ground and they don’t have a holding “tank” like a combine. So, I f you don’t have an suitable trailer, with space available, and close enough to the discharge chute of the harvester, it simply disappears. (Once it is discharged into a trailer, you can then, technically, empty the tipper wherever you like, though why you would want too is hard to figure unless you have the Ropa pack.)

And, of course, once you ferment the chaff to silage in a silage clamp, you must then use a loader of some type (suitable for feeding animals OR loading the hopper at the BGA) or the self-loading mixing wagon (only useful for feeding cattle) to collect it.