OG xbox1 vs xbox1 X

Highsider

OG xbox1 vs xbox1 X

Post by Highsider »

Like to know from peoples experiences if it truly runs smoother or it doesn't make any difference at all for FS17.
Tazman1983

Re: OG xbox1 vs xbox1 X

Post by Tazman1983 »

Yes it does run smoother, loads quicker and draw distance more although don't think you will see 100% improvement until 19 comes out
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Sounds like PS4 v.s. PS4 Pro. Does X give you the 4K option though?
Someone said that FS17 looks much better in 4K. I'm thinking to upgrade to PS4 Pro for FS19 just to get that 4K details.
PS5 / FS22
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Well I know they optimized it for xbox one x, they made the draw distances longer and I'm sure it utilizes the extra power run smoother
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Highsider

Post by Highsider »

Well my old xbox 1 is showing signs of illness :) that's why I'm asking... I've got a library of xbox 360 games also and with backward compat, I'd hate to change platforms..
But if difference is minimal, i could opt for an Xbox S... much cheaper...
Scuba steve

Post by Scuba steve »

I definitely noticed a difference in the graphics when I upgraded to the one x, I play on a 4k tv, the setting to change to 4k is in the Xbox settings themselves not in the game setting, everything looks very crisp, as far as smoothness of the game, it depends which settings you have enabled on your tv as far as motion smoothness etc... my tv is a Samsung 55 inch 4k smart tv, I have everything disabled and renamed my HDMI port to "pc" I get the 4k picture but all of the unnecessary background stuff is turned off so it makes the gameplay smoother because when I had certain things enabled, the game would stutter here and there.
FS17 on Xbox One X. FS19 on PC

Chicago, IL

MyYouTube Channel :coolnew:
Highsider

Post by Highsider »

The 4K tv will be a problem, mine is Samsung but not a 4K, don't believe it has HDR even, it does have the game mode option and I found that to work very well comparing to the normal mode.
Scuba steve

Post by Scuba steve »

When I first got the one x I didn't have a 4k tv either, it was a 1080p and the game looked shaper even on the 1080p, you definitely notice a difference.
FS17 on Xbox One X. FS19 on PC

Chicago, IL

MyYouTube Channel :coolnew:
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

My X is arriving on this coming Monday but if it just stops the frame drops in "congested" areas where theres a lot of slot occupied, & powers thru the graphics draw, then it will have been worth it.
I make jokes that others don't get.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Highsider wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:02 pm The 4K tv will be a problem, mine is Samsung but not a 4K, don't believe it has HDR even, it does have the game mode option and I found that to work very well comparing to the normal mode.
I’m not aware of anyone building an HDR TV that isn’t also (at least) 4K resolution.

If you aren’t also planning to upgrade to a 4K HDR TV at the same time or soon afterward, I personally wouldn’t recommend going with the Xbox One X. At that point, you are more or less buying it for faster load times which, to me, isn’t worth the price.

It may also be worth noting that the XB1S is a bit faster than the original, is more compact, has an internal power supply, supports HDR, and can play 4K Blu-rays with proper 4K output at 60Hz over HDMI 2.0a. So really, if you plan to stick with your current TV, the S could be a good option. I can personally attest that the S is a bit snappier than the original (I have both) and the HDR output looks very good in games and movies. Granted, I cannot play games in native 4K, but my TV upscales them and they still look excellent. So, so far, I haven’t felt any compelling reason to pay what they are asking for an X.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I'm still upset that the one x wont run fs at 60fps because giants opted for the 4k experience with longer draw distances which imo didn't need work. The only upgrading I'll be doing is moving to a pc.
My Discord
Highsider

Post by Highsider »

Great info guys, well the 4K tv might come if my kids destroy the old tv they use *thumbsup* , that might come very soon with the youngest rebel :blushnew:
With the trade in for xbox you can do today, i'd get some cash for my old one on the microsoft store, so the X is very hard to ignore.
And a PC well, I've got family to think about, they like presents too :lol:
And most of my owned games don't run on PC, so... And a new console generation, lets say 2019, 2020... :hmm: PC will still be around then :biggrin2:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Highsider wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:05 pm Great info guys, well the 4K tv might come if my kids destroy the old tv they use *thumbsup*
Heres a tip, make sure you record it and put it on youtube for some extra cash :wink3: *thumbsup*
My Discord