Maplefield Mill

OrcaAmity

Maplefield Mill

Post by OrcaAmity »

In FS 17, why does Maplefield Mill always rip me off? I have a large green tipper that holds the quantity of 45,000. Weeks ago I unloaded one and-a-half tipper loads in the Maplefield Mill silo at the selling price of $1,018 and I got paid just over $17,000 from soybeans. I knew something was wrong there. Later I drove one tipper load of soybeans to a different selling location at a lower selling price and I got paid over $38,000. I wonder how I got paid so much extra money elsewhere at a much lower selling price with a smaller quantity. Then I put it to the test. Before the test I saved my game encase it happened again and if it did I could quit without saving and load to get my soybeans back. I drove six and-a-half tipper loads to Maplefield Mill where I filled one train cart and about 20% of the other. The selling price was $1,008 and I got paid over $137,000. I knew that was wrong so I quit and loaded my game. I drove those tipper loads elsewhere where the selling price was lower and I got paid over $222,000. I wonder how I got paid so much more elsewhere at a lower selling price. Maplefield Mill is glitched. If I didn't think ahead Maplefiled Mill would have conned me out of about $85,000. The other weird thing is, most of the time Maplefield Mill is a showing the highest price for every crop, the problem is they never pay it all.
markare

Re: Maplefield Mill

Post by markare »

You can unload a normal tipper at maple field mill?? I thought that was a train drop off only.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
mrprez

Post by mrprez »

I noticed the same thing but didn’t think too much about it at the time. I was just glad to get rid of those beets. But I did think I was shortchanged.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

markare wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:40 pm You can unload a normal tipper at maple field mill?? I thought that was a train drop off only.
Does it still work out wrong that way?
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

mrprez wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:17 am I noticed the same thing but didn’t think too much about it at the time. I was just glad to get rid of those beets. But I did think I was shortchanged.
I find potatoes and sweet beat a waste of time and money. I will do a small field of each from time to time but I'm only getting the cheap harvesters that I attach to a tractor and do these crops for my pigs when I get them. The reason for this is, in FS 15 I spent nearly a million for both of the harvesters, then more money for the sowing machine. The sowing machine for sowing each crop ran out so fast I was always refilling the blighter and the cost was expensive. After that, when the harvesting came into action it too so long to harvest each of them because the headers are so short, then there was times when I missed some so I had to go over each field again. It's harder to harvest potatoes and sweet beet because we can't see them because they are underground. We see a tiny bit above the ground but it's easy to miss some and it was amazing how many potatoes and sweet beet I was still harvesting when I went over the same field again of each. Then I found out the potatoes and sweet beet to make that much. I thought these are crops that are not worth it. The harvesters cost nearly a million in total, then we have to buy a new sowing machine that always runs out and it very expensive to refill, the time it takes to harvest these takes too long and the money made on these is not enough. This is why they are a waste of time and money. Too much money spent on the machinery for starters and not much made each time on the sales. While spending too much time harvesting these, we might as well be harvesting another crop that makes a lot more money that is quicker to harvest and where the sowing machines doesn't run out every four minutes. Remember this is what I realized in FS 15. From the prices, potatoes and sweet beet doesn't offer much in FS 17 either. I mostly do soybeans and my money even on Hard Mode suits me well. I wonder why the other crops always have very little prices. By rights other crops should start going for better sales seeing that I rarely bother with them and soybeans should drop because I'm always dealing with soybeans.
mrprez

Post by mrprez »

Yep, I ended up plowing under the biggest part of the beets as I got tired of emptying the harvester every 50 feet. Never again.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

the main purpose of beets and potatoes aside from feeding pigs is variety in crop and equipment types.. on every map even if I don't raise pigs I take one of my smaller fields and do a constant rotation of beets and taters every time I plow (3 harvests each).. I also rotate out crops each time on my other fields with the plow cycle.. I know they r expensive and time consuming but it makes it more fun.. of course I also grow sugar cane on any map that will allow.. I know the game ultimately is about making money but that's only a part of it and a small part to me.. the idea (for me at least) is to simulate life on the farm.. if I focused entirely on money I would never play with seasons, 3 stage fert or plowing and I would only ever play on easy and only grow soy beans.. I love playing with the different machines on my farm.. I love setting up my various setups and timing to try to maximize profits.. I love filling the long days in seasons with many different tasks even if its not the most profitable activity in the game.. irl not everything u do on a farm is gonna be super profitable.. sometimes u have to do things just for the sake of the farm that don't make any money at all.. and irl things on a farm take time.. my goal when I play farming simulator is to entertain myself and I along with many other people have found that simply doing the quickest and most profitable thing to hit millions of $ asap just isn't as entertaining.. its ok if that's what some people do.. to each their own.. but in the end the purpose of a lot of the stuff (like chickens for example lol) is variety for the sake of entertainment
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Please explain how you emptied a normal tipper at maplefield please
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Totally agree with you there, Jessi. I find that once I've made enough money to not have to worry about spending, I soon get bored and start looking for a new map to play.
Oakfield is the most fantastic, beautiful map I've played. Pretty much everything about the map suits my play style, but after 200 hours and nearly 3 years (in game) I own every field, and have 2.7 million in the bank. Now when I load the game up, I look at Oakfield for a minute, before loading up a different save. I still love the map, but I've got nothing to work towards. I've subconsciously "sold up" and need to move on to the next farm.
If I'd played the game purely to make as much money as possible I'd be doing purely silage and forestry, plant every field in grass, fertilise with a mod roller b/c it's free, keep the silage bunkers filled and do logging in between. I'd have gotten to this stage in half the time and wouldn't have enjoyed the map so much.
Variety is what keeps the game interesting. Each to their own, but I find it much more enjoyable to do a bit of everything than to farm one or two crops intensively. You soon get in a cycle of sow, harvest, rinse, repeat IME.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
mrprez

Post by mrprez »

This thread is getting off topic. Can we get back to Maplefield Mill please?
PrincessJessi84

ok but u guys brought up the beets thing.. so anyway.. I don't recall ever not getting paid correctly for my crops at maplefield.. maybe ill test it and see what happens
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
PrincessJessi84

ok so I tested it out.. created a brand new save on GCV, bought a truck and tipper and sold everything else.. then I edited my xml files to have $0 loan and no cash balance with no other crops in the silo outside of 100,000L of soybeans.. loaded the game, took 2 trips with my semi and tipper and filled the first car of the train with all 100,000L of soybeans.. drove to the sell point and parked the train over the sell point and saved the game.. then i made sure my game time was at 1x and checked my price.. just to make sure there was no error I used the calculator on my smart phone and came up with my total which was just under $300,000 for the lot.. hit unload and alas...... it gave me EXACTLY what it should have right down to the last dollar.. i then reloaded and repeated this 2 more times with the same result.. checked the price, did the math and got paid %100 of my calculators predicted price.. i think its fair to say that when selling with a train at maplefield mill the game is not bugged
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
mrprez

Post by mrprez »

Woah, sounds like a lot of work there. I loaded up some canola, trained it over to the sell point and the numbers were correct.
PrincessJessi84

yea but i like to be precise.. any time i test anything i like to do a controlled test with little to no variables with repeatable results.. and honestly it wasn't much work.. the longest part was filling the train with the beans lol
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors