Fs19 Potatos

WancaFarms22

Fs19 Potatos

Post by WancaFarms22 »

I would like to suggest a new brand that should be added to fs19 scicne the ropa dlc with sugar beets know i think Lockwood should be introduced it would be a big upgrade in pull behing potato harvesting where there much bigger in the grimmes and it would bring another intrest in potatos in farm sim because no one really likes using the small one and then there could also be potato trucks.Please giants try this and me and very others would be very satisfied.

Edit don_apple: moved from german to english section.
GothicKing13

Re: Fs19 Potatos

Post by GothicKing13 »

I agree! I love working with all the crops in the game, EXCEPT potatoes. I do Sugar Beats to feed my pigs, but... I'd be much more willing to work with potatoes, if I had more... to work with potatoes with. The ROPA pull along potato harvester is nice in which it doesn't need the topper... but, I want more machines. A couple new self-propelled ones!
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Farminator0658

Post by Farminator0658 »

I don't find potatoes any more cumbersome or troublesome than beets. Seems to be about the same effort start to finish for each cycle, and about the same growing time. We never grew sugar beets on our little farm, so I really have no actual life experience to compare to the simulation. Both are severely lacking in machinery options in the game, especially if you want to produce either on a large scale. Considering the enormous yields from either, though, I can't imagine the sheer handling problems. The available machinery is heaps expensive for either, too. One would also think that anything that can dig up a beet can dig up a potato, or vice-versa, too. I still have back-breaking memories of digging up potatoes the hard way on the small farm I grew up on. We cut all the tops by hand with a sharp hoe, and used a horse-drawn middle-buster to split the row and kick out the spuds. Then we'd straddle the row with our trailer, and pick up the spuds in baskets to dump on the trailer so we didn't bruise them. A bruised potato is a rotten potato, and that's NOT a nice smell. Our potato crop was small scale at around 2000-3000 L per harvest, but it's all we needed. If there was anything our pigs would ignore, it was a potato. Maybe they were finicky pigs.

Not complaining, just observing.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I noticed Lockwood makes pulled harvesters up to 4 rows. If you want large, what you really want is these ones from Spudnik (Grimme):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KL7OrHkDaY

There's also a nice self-propelled from Lenco that I wouldn't mind having in the game:

http://www.lenco-harvesters.com/index.html
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Farminator0658 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:27 pm I don't find potatoes any more cumbersome or troublesome than beets. Seems to be about the same effort start to finish for each cycle, and about the same growing time. We never grew sugar beets on our little farm, so I really have no actual life experience to compare to the simulation. Both are severely lacking in machinery options in the game, especially if you want to produce either on a large scale. Considering the enormous yields from either, though, I can't imagine the sheer handling problems. The available machinery is heaps expensive for either, too. One would also think that anything that can dig up a beet can dig up a potato, or vice-versa, too. I still have back-breaking memories of digging up potatoes the hard way on the small farm I grew up on. We cut all the tops by hand with a sharp hoe, and used a horse-drawn middle-buster to split the row and kick out the spuds. Then we'd straddle the row with our trailer, and pick up the spuds in baskets to dump on the trailer so we didn't bruise them. A bruised potato is a rotten potato, and that's NOT a nice smell. Our potato crop was small scale at around 2000-3000 L per harvest, but it's all we needed. If there was anything our pigs would ignore, it was a potato. Maybe they were finicky pigs.

Not complaining, just observing.
I agree. Both are equally challenging as the other. But, beats are a wee cheaper to get into. You don't have to purchase a specialty seeder. If you plant corn, you can plant beats. Also, I find beats the easiest to work with when it comes to the tractor pulled harvester. The Harvester is the same width as the topper, so you don't run the crop over. Potatoes, when I'm running the tractor pulled stuff. I'll top and then go with the harvester. I use Crop Destruction. But, yes. Both need far more harvesters. To make it easier to get into those categories. Sugarcane is the same way, wish they'd do more with it, too! :)
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Earnest Pea wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:47 pm I noticed Lockwood makes pulled harvesters up to 4 rows. If you want large, what you really want is these ones from Spudnik (Grimme):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KL7OrHkDaY
I know exactly where that video was shot and I know the man talking in it... The company I work for sells him all this fertilizer... I have seen those very same machines in operation in those exact fields. It is quite a sight... Those type of setups can load an entire semi like those in the film in less than 2 minutes very easily. Years ago I even worked as a welder for spudnik building those types of machines... Their manufacturing facility is less than 10 miles from my house. I so wish we had them in game.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
Zbossashcraft farmer

Post by Zbossashcraft farmer »

I have to agree 100%. Im just curious how many on here are from Idaho where Sputnik is based. I would love to see a Spudnik 6 row digger and 2 types of 6 or 8 row crossovers (windrowers, lots of names for them) unloading both sides. the vine beaters and rolers, and spud trucks, and the damerdikers. I think it would make potato harvesting much more enjoyable, especially since I'm an Idaho boy and love using these kinds of equipment.