Growth stage shift

masterplan

Growth stage shift

Post by masterplan »

My system of gameplay is that my map is divided into 5 zones as shown below:

As you can see, each zone has it's own growth stage. Once I havest the "ready to harvest" zone (in this case northern part of map), I start seeding approx 2 hours before the next growth stage hits, which is equal to starting seeding in the next stage. In other words: I start seeding 2 hours before end of stage 1. So in stage 2, nothing grows on these fields. It starts growing in stage 3.

Recently I've extended my fields pretty close together and noticed a strange thing. Parts of field seeded a stage earlier than the neighbouring field get somehow pulled one growth stage back:

This happened earlier on the other side of the fence / wall:

Now this is even weirder:
The already harvested part was harvested when the entire rest of the field was dark green = last growth stage. OK, as I do start seeding approx 2 hours before the next growth stage hits, I understand that. But when the rest of the field turned to "ready to harvest" stage, this part where the harvester stands remained in tha last growing stage.

How is that possible?
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Frozen Catalyst

Re: Growth stage shift

Post by Frozen Catalyst »

I'm guessing this is because the game processes each field in a series of squares or 'tiles'. You can see the straight edges in your screens shots.

The same phenomenon is seen when using the crop destruction mod and grass, with the entire 'tiles' being put back a growth stage and not just the area where the tyres drove over the crop.
Xbox One |FS22| Holmåkra
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

May be it is because of that "you don't own this field" issue. Apparently, the fields do extend further in the game code than their actual visible boundries. When you plowed them so close together, you might have caused an overlapping affect that lead to this issue. I think only a game dev from Giants can give you a correct answer on that.
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

I'd also guess the overlap, but what about field 21 on the 5th screenshot from the top (or 2nd from the bottom)? There's no overlap, no field is too close. In fact not field is not even close. There's a good chunk of grass in the direction towards field 13 in the north + pretty wide road.

So I think fields being too close to each other might not be the case. We know from the second screenshot from the top that field 2 has retarded parts, maybe because being too close to field 33, maybe from other reason. But north of it, fields 3 & 32 are equally close, but no distortion in time-space continuum there.

One crazy idea just popped in my head:
Maybe the cause of the delayed parts is not seeding on neighbouring field. What if the cause is the extending of the other field? Meaning plowing. Meaning it would be a one-off. So in theory, or better said if this theory is correct, I shouldn't experience such a phenomena in the future, 'cause I will not be expanding fields anymore.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Ok. Thats it. I'm gonna speak out my mind :biggrin2:

You have milked this map to its demise and it just doesn't work as it should anymore :mrgreen: It refuses your existance. It doesn't want you anymore. Why wouldn't you accept that? :lol:

What was it? Almost 700hrs right? You have exploited almost every aspect of it. Anymore trees left? Any untouched patch of soil? Ohhh, and add some stupid amounts of pigs to the equasion... What on earth would you expect other than a total failure?

Just move on to another map for f... sake :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

You think I tore holes in the very fabric of the universe? No, I haven't crossed to another universe to save a boy's live. ;-) :-D

I'm at only 660+ hours so far. O:-)
Unfortunatelly there still are some trees, as cutting them down is kinda boring, especially with logs getting stuck in the woodcrusher. :-D
Pigs are currently stable between 19 - 20 000. Btw. I've made a screenshot for you yesterday. ;-)

Never ever! I don't wanna start all over again from scratch! Maybe in FS19 with a really good map and with Seasons better integrated to the core of the game. ;-)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

What will you do with all the grass and water left behind on Sheep trough? :biggrin2:
At least buy 10 and let them consume the leftovers in a century...

Btw, what is the manure and slurry limit on pigs and cows? I mean the capacity of the respective spawn areas?
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:45 am What will you do with all the grass and water left behind on Sheep trough? :biggrin2:
At least buy 10 and let them consume the leftovers in a century...

Btw, what is the manure and slurry limit on pigs and cows? I mean the capacity of the respective spawn areas?
Nothing, I just leave it there.

Slurry limit is 800 000 L, which is pretty annoying = low. And yes, I know I can install Slurry trading mod for additional slurry storing capacity, but that wouldn't help me as I couldn't set the helpers to take slurry from that storage.
Manure is AFAIK unlimited, so no problem there. B-)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

800k limit for slurry. Thanks for the info cause I'm getting close to that limit on Oakfield.
Unlimited manure might not be the case in Oakfield btw, because manure spawns inside the cow shed which you need to manually carry out to a permanent storage. I think you don't know that as you don't stick your nose out of Lawfolds :biggrin2: Thats a new feature that comes with some maps.
PS5 / FS22
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

masterplan wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:27 am You think I tore holes in the very fabric of the universe? No, I haven't crossed to another universe to save a boy's live. ;-) :-D

I'm at only 660+ hours so far. O:-)
Unfortunatelly there still are some trees, as cutting them down is kinda boring, especially with logs getting stuck in the woodcrusher. :-D
omg a Fringe reference in Farming Sim. I can die with your map, fulfilled.
I make jokes that others don't get.