FS 17 Mods wont work?

Old Fashioned Farm

FS 17 Mods wont work?

Post by Old Fashioned Farm »

I'm using FS 17 on PC, I got 2 mods to work (New Zealand map and the classic IH Farmall package) but I have downloaded many others (like seasons mod, old iron package and ect) and they don't work. They download just fine, they are a ZIP file, I insert them into the MODS file on the game but when I go to the game there is nothing there???.

Anyone have any ideas? :hmm: I'm getting my mods from FS2017MOD.com, I also tried from Farming-simulator.com and had the same issues.

Thanks for any help

Edit don_apple: moved from German to English section.
juf.de

Re: FS 17 Mods wont work?

Post by juf.de »

Hey and welcom to the forum.
Just to be clear of misunderstandings i will start from zero.
Check the second link of my signature, there you will find the path to the mods folder for each OS.
you have to put your zip files in there.
Your zip files must consist only ouf of these letters: _,A-Z,a-z,0-9
If your zip file has an "extract", "entpacken" or "unzip" in its name you must put the zip inside this zip file into your mod folder.
Inside your mod folder should only be zip files, no other ones.

If you think you did all that and it still doesn't work, chekc the log.txt, it is in the same place, where your mod folder is.
In this file you will find a lot of information and maybe find the error yourself. If you need help, post the content of that log file here in this thread please, so we can try to to help you further.
Last edited by juf.de on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Please have a look at the following post where you can find some tips for getting mods to work: viewtopic.php?f=895&t=102821&p=791562#p791562
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Old Fashioned Farm

Thanks for the help!

OK, I got the old iron pack to work, I didn't realize that all the tractors (and combine) were in their own zip files and all those files were in a zip file. So once I opened the main zip file it had all the tractors in it, so I was able to copy each tractor over.

But for some reason I can't get the seasons mod to work? anyone have any ideas for it?
Thanks again for the help
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Without knowing more about your setup it will be difficullt to help here. Therefore please post the log.txt of the game (see the link 'log.txt' in my signature for instructions).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Old Fashioned Farm

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:32 pm
Old Fashioned Farm wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:37 pm Thanks for the help!

OK, I got the old iron pack to work, I didn't realize that all the tractors (and combine) were in their own zip files and all those files were in a zip file. So once I opened the main zip file it had all the tractors in it, so I was able to copy each tractor over.

But for some reason I can't get the seasons mod to work? anyone have any ideas for it?
Thanks again for the help
Are you sure you have the seasons mod itself and not a seasons Geo mod?

Here is the mod that I downloaded

http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... tle=fs2017
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Post the content of the log here in this thread so we can have a look at it, we can't help you any further without more information.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Have you tried to download the mods from the Ingame modhub? Then it will install automatically.
Old Fashioned Farm

Sorry I haven't posted back on, been busy with my real farm lol.

OK, I downloaded some updates and I got the mods to work! THANKS for everyone's help and trouble