Sugar Beet & Potato Storage

OrcaAmity

Sugar Beet & Potato Storage

Post by OrcaAmity »

In FS 17, where do I store my sugar beet and potatoes in Goldcrest Valley? I looked on the internet and one person shows in a different map and everyone else is rattling on about mods all the time. One person at Steam told somebody we have to unload on the ground somewhere and I can't unload my tipper. Others say we store these at the train silo. The thing is I don't want to sell these. I want to feed them to my pigs when I get them. Where do I store this stuff? Thanks.
Alagos

Re: Sugar Beet & Potato Storage

Post by Alagos »

Normally you would store them on the ground or in a shed, there are no storage buildings like the grain silo's for them.
You can tip on the ground with ctrl+i.

You could however store them at the train stations, they do accept sugar beets and potatoes, after storing them it's also possible to load the trains and drive with those to the mill to sell or move the crops to other train stations.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Alagos wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:26 pm Normally you would store them on the ground or in a shed, there are no storage buildings like the grain silo's for them.

You could however store them at the train stations, they do accept sugar beets and potatoes, after storing them it's also possible to load the trains and drive with those to the mill to sell or move the crops to other train stations.
I don;t want to sell them I want to keep them for my pigs. Also I can't empty these crops on the ground because there's no Unload option. At the moment I've got a large tipper half filled with sugar beet and I can't empty it. I wonder why the pig's food is also potatoes and sugar beet when we can't empty our tippers with these crop to feed the pigs with it. Even if we can in the correct containers where the pigs are, then I'm still going to have over 10,000 sugar beets left in my tipper.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

If memory serves, you can also load roots back out of the train station into a tipper or trailer, with the o/h spout next to the unload pit (i.e. you don't have to load them out into a rail car).

Other than that, I think Alagos covered it.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

OrcaAmity wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:40 pm
Alagos wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:26 pm Normally you would store them on the ground or in a shed, there are no storage buildings like the grain silo's for them.

I don;t want to sell them I want to keep them for my pigs. Also I can't empty these crops on the ground because there's no Unload option. At the moment I've got a large tipper half filled with sugar beet and I can't empty it. I wonder why the pig's food is also potatoes and sugar beet when we can't empty our tippers with these crop to feed the pigs with it. Even if we can in the correct containers where the pigs are, then I'm still going to have over 10,000 sugar beets left in my tipper.
As Alagos explained, "left ctrl + I" is the "unload here" function in the F1 menu. This will dump the tipper anywhere. Unloading in the pig trough is just "i" when you are in the pig trough fill trigger area. However the pig trough will only hold enough to feed the pigs for 6 days, and then will not accept any more until they have eaten some. They don't need that many beets so it takes a lot of pigs to require 10k litres of beets or spuds.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

When I had pigs on Goldcrest Valley, I tipped a trailer of potatoes in the shed beside the pig farm every few crops, and then used a loader to occasionally top up the trough from there.
markare

Post by markare »

Make sure you have the tipper selected in the icon at the bottom right of your screen. You will get the unload here option when you press the combination told to you. If the tipper isn't highlighted then you won't be able to unload
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

I found out how to empty on the ground so that is something. I still say Giants should have provided us with the proper things as we had in FS 15 for sugar beet, potatoes and wood chips instead of making us wonder where to store it and then realizing we have to empty it all on the ground where it's making a mess to clear-up later.
Guil

Post by Guil »

As others have told you, the 'proper things' is to store them on the ground.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Thanks everyone for the information.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Nah this is cheaper and there are two versions,a sell point and a storage point https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... er=console
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

If you don't want to store them on the ground, you can store them in the train silo. I'm not talking about selling them, but you can store them. There is a loading pipe to refill your trailer at a later time. On Goldcrest the pipe to refill is right in front of the area you tip the trailer at.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

But remember, that storing them in the train silo costs some money depending on how much you stored there, store it in the train before filling up the train silo
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Oh, does it really? I didn't know that cost you to store in the train silos. I always stored them on the ground, up until the "Root Crop Storage" mod by Dogface came available. I love that mod.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.