barley vs wheat straw

TacoFarmer

barley vs wheat straw

Post by TacoFarmer »

in reality is one better than tne other?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
fcdrifter13

Re: barley vs wheat straw

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Im pretty sure barley drops more straw
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:28 am Im pretty sure barley drops more straw
wow. thanks. I didnt know that
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I’m pretty sure my brother tested to see if there was a difference for straw cause he’s a numbers nut and I know one does produce more I think it was barely I could be wrong though cause it’s been a while since he crunched the numbers
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

As Giants tends to balance their games a bit it should be barley, as wheat gives more money when sold, not that straw is a rare ressource so ...
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

@juf.de
you're wrong :zunge:
Price in the game does not show how much you can earn per hectare

this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I checked all the grains (sugarcane excepted) when I adjusted the values for the additional fruits for Oakfield v1.0.0.2, and to all intents and purposes the yield between wheat and barley straw was identical (Oakfield uses the default game values for the standard crops).

As I remember the straw yield was just over 508,000L for every crop, picked up by a loading wagon. Any variance was not enough to change the number of bales that would have been generated (127 @ 4000L each).

This was from a fully harvested field 13, with only speed and capacity modded vehicles, all scraps picked up and all grain prices were equalised in the savegame's .xml before being sold in one load.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Maikello wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:32 am[...]
@juf.de
[...]
Where did you get your prices from? Extracted the regular price per script or just from ingame shown prices?
Because those numbers do not look like a default price at all.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

juf.de wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:24 pm
Maikello wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:32 am[...]
@juf.de
[...]
Where did you get your prices from? Extracted the regular price per script or just from ingame shown prices?
Because those numbers do not look like a default price at all.
ingame... the second table clearly writes "observed". Default u mean normal difficulty? Those numbers look like from hard so, yes they are not default...
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

By default prices i meant more even numbers, like 600 for wheat instead of 594 and so on, but now that i took a look at the second table again it's all clear to me.
Anyway, thanks for the answer.
Playing on PC
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

When I crunched numbers on the default map, whatever the new one was for 17, Straw yield is the same on wheat and barley and fertilizing made no difference on straw quantity
It came in at 70181 l/ha.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

So pretty much it is exactly the same, if not within the statistical margin of error
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Irish farmer 91

Post by Irish farmer 91 »

In reality the wheat straw is a bit more coarse and brittle than barley. I use barley straw for bedding my sheep , it's sorter for newborn lambs. Wheat is great for feeding them. Tried using it as bedding one year but they were eating majority of it , so i started feeding it. With it being for brittle it breaks up through the slats much easier than the barley straw, and mixes better with the slurry
Playing on Ps4
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Irish farmer 91 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:07 pm In reality the wheat straw is a bit more coarse and brittle than barley. I use barley straw for bedding my sheep , it's sorter for newborn lambs. Wheat is great for feeding them. Tried using it as bedding one year but they were eating majority of it , so i started feeding it. With it being for brittle it breaks up through the slats much easier than the barley straw, and mixes better with the slurry
so neither one has a nutritional benefit over the other?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

Irish farmer 91

Post by Irish farmer 91 »

Don't think so. Its mainly for the fibre I think , to keep the rumen in stomach right, and their cud
Playing on Ps4