Placeable Seed Refill Costs

HowDoYouDo

Placeable Seed Refill Costs

Post by HowDoYouDo »

The placeable seed and fertilizer refill mod says in the description that using the placeable to refill seed will cost more than purchasing a seed pallet.

However from what I am seeing the opposite is true, it is cheaper. When I refill a 8,000 L tipper with seed from the placeable it costs $5,760 however purchasing 8000 L worth of seed pallets costs $7,200.

Am I missing something or is are the replaceable cheaper than the pallets?

Thank you.
Hairy Bob

Re: Placeable Seed Refill Costs

Post by Hairy Bob »

It depends what difficulty you play on. Pallets are a fixed price whereas refill triggers vary according to difficulty. On normal or hard, pallets should be cheaper. On easy, the triggers get cheaper.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Monkeymagic2018

Post by Monkeymagic2018 »

Yes it costs more out the tanks then out the shop
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

You also have to pay for the placeable which cost a bit, not too expensive. If your on easy its better in the long run for the convenience
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
HowDoYouDo

Post by HowDoYouDo »

Hairy Bob wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:25 am It depends what difficulty you play on. Pallets are a fixed price whereas refill triggers vary according to difficulty. On normal or hard, pallets should be cheaper. On easy, the triggers get cheaper.
I am playing on normal and from what I am seeing they are cheaper.

I've been buying 30 pallets of seed and stacking them onto a baling wagon and bringing them back to the farm all this time when it would have been cheaper to use the placeable.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Yep I've been there... I wasted days of my life trying to load pallets on bale trailers :biggrin2: Probably the only part of this game that I really don't like - manually loading pallets.

My interim was filling tippers from pallets at the shop, then tipping in a heap in a shed and loading the drill with a conveyor. Way way way less frustrating than the pallets but a lot of overhead.

Now it's mostly the placeable refill bin. I didn't know until this thread though that this was also the cheapest option :confusednew: Wish I'd known that a year and a half ago.
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

I mainly play on console and the placeable has always cost more than seed pallets.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
HowDoYouDo

Post by HowDoYouDo »

DirectCedar wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:44 pm Yep I've been there... I wasted days of my life trying to load pallets on bale trailers :biggrin2: Probably the only part of this game that I really don't like - manually loading pallets.

My interim was filling tippers from pallets at the shop, then tipping in a heap in a shed and loading the drill with a conveyor. Way way way less frustrating than the pallets but a lot of overhead.

Now it's mostly the placeable refill bin. I didn't know until this thread though that this was also the cheapest option :confusednew: Wish I'd known that a year and a half ago.
Well on the plus side I got to the point where I could load about 30 pallets 3 high and 2 wide with a skid steer in about 20 minutes onto the bailing trailer. Should help me when I start messing with cattle soon :)
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^YES, the skid steer is beautiful for loading pallets and doing precision loader jobs
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer