Feeding The Pigs

OrcaAmity

Feeding The Pigs

Post by OrcaAmity »

How do I feed the pigs with all the different crops? I've only seen a part for the straw and another for the water. Can I empty the crops in the way I do with the power food for the cows? Also do I use a JCB and scoop the crops at the food containers for the pigs? I thought about using the mixer that I use for the cow's power food and then I remembered that only takes straw, silage and hay.
Guil

Re: Feeding The Pigs

Post by Guil »

All you do is drop all the crops in the trough, you can't mix them and you can use anyway you wish such as tipper, bucket etc.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Guil wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:05 pm All you do is drop all the crops in the trough, you can't mix them and you can use anyway you wish such as tipper, bucket etc.
Thanks for the tips.

Something else I just wondered. How do I clean-up? With the sheep and the cows, when I clean-up, I use the grass trailer to vacuum the grass up. With the pigs, they don't eat grass and I'm wondering what I use to clean-up their food? Thanks.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Play the tutorials, heck even I had to play through one of them and I've been playing since the game released on consoles
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

redglasses wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:07 am Play the tutorials, heck even I had to play through one of them and I've been playing since the game released on consoles
I would if they get to the point. All I want to know is how to clean-up where my pigs are, not buy them and transport them and then waste more time doing what I already know. While I'll be wasting time being told what I already know before it gets to the point of what I want to know, I could be harvesting my crops and making good money. There's no point in me looking on Google because everyone does nothing but rattle on about mods and at You Tube I find nothing but videos where people don't get to the point straight away where they think it's better to spend about 15 minutes or more showing off their machinery and showing where they are in the store when the title of a video like that is titled about something completely different. Not to mention there's idiots out there that teach pointless things such as emptying seeds into a tipper, emptying on the ground and shoveling it into the sowing machine when all they need to do is park the sowing machine next to a pallet of seeds and press the left stick on their controller. The last time I looked-up about cleaning-up, this was with the sheep and an *$#%§* wasted thousands on a load of conveyor belts and wasted a lot of time erecting them all around a building when all we need to do is vacuum the grass up with the grass collector. This is why I'm asking here because the tutorials don't get to the point where it's like watching a silly You Tube video that doesn't get to the point.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

I thought of a way to do the cleaning-up. Interesting one person at Steam mentioned something that never worked. I thought of scooping the food up with my JCB and luckily it worked.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

OrcaAmity wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:57 am I thought of a way to do the cleaning-up. Interesting one person at Steam mentioned something that never worked. I thought of scooping the food up with my JCB and luckily it worked.
That’s precisely how the tutorial suggests you do it. Front loaders work for all of the animal clean-up. Just scoop it up and dump it back in the trough.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

OrcaAmity wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:32 am
redglasses wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:07 am Play the tutorials, heck even I had to play through one of them and I've been playing since the game released on consoles
I would if they get to the point. All I want to know is how to clean-up where my pigs are, not buy them and transport them and then waste more time doing what I already know. While I'll be wasting time being told what I already know before it gets to the point of what I want to know, I could be harvesting my crops and making good money. There's no point in me looking on Google because everyone does nothing but rattle on about mods and at You Tube I find nothing but videos where people don't get to the point straight away where they think it's better to spend about 15 minutes or more showing off their machinery and showing where they are in the store when the title of a video like that is titled about something completely different. Not to mention there's idiots out there that teach pointless things such as emptying seeds into a tipper, emptying on the ground and shoveling it into the sowing machine when all they need to do is park the sowing machine next to a pallet of seeds and press the left stick on their controller. The last time I looked-up about cleaning-up, this was with the sheep and an *$#%§* wasted thousands on a load of conveyor belts and wasted a lot of time erecting them all around a building when all we need to do is vacuum the grass up with the grass collector. This is why I'm asking here because the tutorials don't get to the point where it's like watching a silly You Tube video that doesn't get to the point.
Well with all the problems your having with the game I'm surprised you haven't played the tutorials. Maybe if you would just play them and stop complaining half your "issues" would be solved. Plus its alot faster playing the tutorials for 5-10 minutes then waiting an hour for an answer on here, and then just complaining when you get an answer.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
SomeFarmer

Post by SomeFarmer »

I do agree on many videos not being much help.

To clean up where the animals are use any front loader or JCB.

To clean in a semi-automatic way use the Lely Juno 150 from the Modhub. It has a reasonable helper and will need manual repositioning every so often. It can be purchased from the machine store and will have to be transported to the animal area.

To clean automagically use the Lely Juno 100 from Marhu.net. It is a placable mod and will clean where placed all by itself with no attention needed. It has a recharge pole parking place thingy. You will want to place Lely Juno 100 so that the feeding area can be reached easily for feed delivery.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

They aren't talking about tutorial videos, because yes, alot of them are probably ****.
There are INGAME tutorials that are actually helpful if you take the small bit of time needed to play through them.
They, for example, show you how to feed your cows and pigs.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Or, for fully automated cleaning, you can use belts. ;-) Works even for 20 000 pigs. ;-)

FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2: