?.about tippers and auger wagons PS4

TacoFarmer

?.about tippers and auger wagons PS4

Post by TacoFarmer »

Do the auger wagons destroy your.crops?

Is there any tipper that wont destroy your crops?

Currently im using the Holmer with narrows and its.augers. Is this the best option? Its a slow ride fo sho.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
DirectCedar

Re: ?.about tippers and auger wagons PS4

Post by DirectCedar »

Is it not an option to just not drive in the standing crop?

In reality you never ever drive in the standing crop with a wagon, truck, tipper, whatever, because there is no real-life setup of any of them that won't make a complete mess of it.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Remove the 4 real module?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

I haven’t really experimented, but I thought it was the wheels of the tractor (or other vehicle) that mattered with the crop destruction mod. In other words, I thought all the trailers were crop “safe” and you only needed to make sure the tractor had narrow “care” wheels. So you may want to try that. And, if that doesn’t work, then turning off crop destruction is the only sure option.

But, since you are talking about tippers and augers, I’m assuming it is harvest time. In that case, best practice is to only unload your harvester from the already harvested side of the field, which avoids the problem of driving on the crops.

As already suggested, IRL, you generally try to avoid driving on the field after planting/seeding because, except in very particular cases (I.e. relatively short crops with rows set wide enough to align with the wheels of your tractor), causing damage is inevitable. Probably the most notable exception to this would be for spraying; it still damages some of the crop, but the overall benefit of spraying outweighs the relatively minor losses due to the (usually narrower) wheels of the sprayer.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

When crops like wheat are full grown the only vehicles with enough clearance not to actually mess up the crops are sprayers, all other's would probably just break the crop in half, even with the care wheels.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:18 pmDo the auger wagons destroy your.crops?
Yes. All of them, except Holmer on narrow twins equiped with auger attachment as you mentioned. Used this setup so many times. Works perfect.
TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:18 pmIs there any tipper that wont destroy your crops?
Not that I know of. If you find out any, please let me know.
TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:18 pmCurrently im using the Holmer with narrows and its.augers. Is this the best option? Its a slow ride fo sho.
Best solution available atm.
PS5 / FS22
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Maybe Giants will update 4RealModule? What about vehicles equipped with tracks? The pressure on the ground is about 5 times lower compared to the normal wheels. As if to exclude the track from crops destruction it would give some balance. Currently, these vehicles only differ visually (I'am not sure). And also we have auger wagons (Horsch DLC,Big Bud) with track technology, it would increase their usefulness on the field during harvest time
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Maikello wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:15 am Maybe Giants will update 4RealModule? What about vehicles equipped with tracks? The pressure on the ground is about 5 times lower compared to the normal wheels. As if to exclude the track from crops destruction it would give some balance. Currently, these vehicles only differ visually (I'am not sure). And also we have auger wagons (Horsch DLC,Big Bud) with track technology, it would increase their usefulness on the field during harvest time
I mean, the issue is that the only tracked auger wagon came from the Big Bud pack (I can't remember what it's called), but it's huge. I'm sure a vehicle of its size would destroy any crop, given the weight of it, regardless of tracks or wheels. :)
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Maikello wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:15 am Maybe Giants will update 4RealModule? What about vehicles equipped with tracks? The pressure on the ground is about 5 times lower compared to the normal wheels. As if to exclude the track from crops destruction it would give some balance. Currently, these vehicles only differ visually (I'am not sure). And also we have auger wagons (Horsch DLC,Big Bud) with track technology, it would increase their usefulness on the field during harvest time
Why would they because tracks are only good when the crops are still in the ground and haven't grown yet. And Ingame you don't destroy the crops if you drive in a newly planted field. And tracks will still crush the crops if you drive in the field when it's grown. When it starts to grow you u need to use carewheels or otherwise you destroy crops. A farmer would never drive in the crops to unload the combine if they really dont have to.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Absolutely right. But I have a question. Why do you use track in the game? Do you see any difference in the 400 hp tractor with wide wheels compared to 400 hp on the tracks? Stability? this is more the result of the total weight of the vehicle and its size. We both use tracks because in real life farmers use them. So if we have only a visual effect in the game, why not add something that will give us an advantage/?
and it seems to me that the tracks are not used because of the crops... IRL ofc
You must remember that it is a game and not everyone is a hardcore player who sows his fields for 10 hours saying "because IRL". So stop comparing and start thinking more as a player who wants some realism in a well-balanced game.
I did not say that the update is the only right way. Like Dribbly Midget said. There are various vehicles on tracks. They have different weight and size. The change can cause that the game will become even more unbalanced due to the large amount of parameters that need to be considered
first of all, if someone uses mods that increase the level of realism he should be sure that it is a for him. That after some time he will not look for facilities. That it will not have a negative effect on the style of gameplay, which he prefers
Last edited by Maikello on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

stop comparing and start thinking more as a player who wants some realism in a well-balanced game.
I find your last post to be quite aggressive. It is widely acknowledged that this game is intended to simulate the farming experience. You say you want realism whilst advocating for something that is significantly removed from that very tenet, citing "balance" as the rationale...

Do you understand how tracks reduce ground pressure (recall, p = m/a)? They do so by distributing the weight of the tractor over a larger surface area (contact area between tracks and ground). Ergo, in some cases, they could actually be causing greater damage due to the time any one area of crop is subjected to pressure. Sometimes a higher-pressure/lower-duration exposure could be less harmful...

I think there is also a misunderstanding about just how "care" wheels work. Often narrow tires are used so that farmers need only leave narrow lanes between planted crops, sufficiently spaced to support working widths of any implements that will be employed during the growth of the crop (thereby maximizing planted area). They are not necessarily intended to drive over the growing crops, or if so, with the intent of minimizing the loss of crop (by reducing the surface area in contact).

If you want to play your game where you can drive whatever you want, wherever you want, all you (or anyone else, for that matter) need to do is disable the Crop Destruction Mod - simple as that!
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Maikello wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:28 pm Absolutely right. But I have a question. Why do you use track in the game? Do you see any difference in the 400 hp tractor with wide wheels compared to 400 hp on the tracks? Stability? this is more the result of the total weight of the vehicle and its size. We both use tracks because in real life farmers use them. So if we have only a visual effect in the game, why not add something that will give us an advantage/?
cmdrbyron wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:07 pm Do you understand how tracks reduce ground pressure (recall, p = m/a)? They do so by distributing the weight of the tractor over a larger surface area (contact area between tracks and ground). Ergo, in some cases, they could actually be causing greater damage due to the time any one area of crop is subjected to pressure. Sometimes a higher-pressure/lower-duration exposure could be less harmful...
I will ask again because you did not understand. Why do you use tracks in game? Remember that the game has no ground physics ...
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Download the more realistic mod, the only thing that won't make all wheels, except care wheels, cosmetic. So I'm wondering why you stay with the tracks. All wheels are just cosmetic changes
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Though I feel that you are targeting specific portions (out of context of the original purpose of this thread, imo) in order to advance your agenda, I will answer why I use tracked tractors in-game. I choose to use tracked tractors for their tighter turn radius. Other than that, I tend to focus on cost/hp and maximum speed.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

RODHA wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:33 am
TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:18 pmIs there any tipper that wont destroy your crops?
Not that I know of. If you find out any, please let me know.
HW80 pack has care wheel option.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .