?.about tippers and auger wagons PS4

RODHA

Re: ?.about tippers and auger wagons PS4

Post by RODHA »

^^ Thanks for letting me know *thumbsup*
Although they are a bit small they can still be used for quick unloading of the harvester on the go.
PS5 / FS22
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

cmdrbyron wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:08 pm Though I feel that you are targeting specific portions (out of context of the original purpose of this thread, imo) in order to advance your agenda, I will answer why I use tracked tractors in-game. I choose to use tracked tractors for their tighter turn radius. Other than that, I tend to focus on cost/hp and maximum speed.
Second this. I hate planting, both irl & in-game, and as your farm grows and your planting implements grow, a tracked tractor's turning radius with a helper can be the difference between having to make 1 headland pass versus 2 for wheeled tractors with duals. Also we use tracks on our farm because slippage is less leaving your seedbed less disrupted post groundwork. I love tracks, other than the price of changing a set, they're superior in every way for 1000+ acres. I will say that with gps being +- 3inches now, the data suggests that running wheeled tractors with aligned implement wheels in the same tracks over multiple crops has an absolute benefit on crop yields/soil compaction. But as there is no official gps in game yet, there's no way to even simulate driving in the same path repeatedly.
I make jokes that others don't get.
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

^^^Agreed.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

RODHA wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:48 pm ^^ Thanks for letting me know *thumbsup*
Although they are a bit small they can still be used for quick unloading of the harvester on the go.
I think you can chain them together.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

DirectCedar wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:12 am Is it not an option to just not drive in the standing crop?
Not with the AI driver. I usually use 2 harvesters,1 AI. I do mine so it unloads on the outside.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

TacoFarmer wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:44 pm
DirectCedar wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:12 am Is it not an option to just not drive in the standing crop?
Not with the AI driver. I usually use 2 harvesters,1 AI. I do mine so it unloads on the outside.
In real life the solution to this is to catch the combine pre-emptively on a pass when the auger is out towards the stubble, even if it means taking a part hopper. Alternatively if the field is too long to make a whole pass on one hopper, the combine would have to stop and pull out partway down and unload while stopped in the stubble, then pull back in and continue, or make a few swipes across the field in the middle to effectively cut it into two smaller fields so that the combine can always make it down once and can always unload on the go with the auger pointed towards the stubble.

Of course it's a game and of course you can do whatever you want. I'm just pointing out that IRL you never ever drive in the standing crop to unload, and these ^^^ are some solutions to make that happen.