New Field

carllwyman

New Field

Post by carllwyman »

when you buy a field from a npc do you have to plough it?
I planted grass with a A600 sower so I should not need to plough the field. Planted grass and its not growing so what is happening is this a bug?
I play golden Valley bought plot 19 for 39k so I need help here Growth map shows nothing on it. like its empty.
Azfoor

Re: New Field

Post by Azfoor »

You need to mark grass in the growth map to se the growth stages. And are you perhaps playing with seasons?
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

And yes if you have periodic plowing on you need to plow the field. But just for extra fertilizer. It will grow even if you don't plow.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Grass is the exception though. Not sure exactly when but the need for plowing will dissappear with a growth stage or maybe the first cut but others have said that's the way it works.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Grass needs ploughing requirement is reset when you cut it. This was introduced in one of the first patches. Initially you would have had to plough it every 3 harvests, like other crops.
empato

Post by empato »

I made the experience that I only have to plough it one time. Then I got always the same yield, also with the 4th or 5th cut. So I don`t think it`s necessary to plough every three harvests.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

That’s exactly what I just mentioned. Sorry, maybe it wasn’t clear, but the requirement to plough grass fields was removed. They did this by making it so that cutting grass resets the needs ploughing layer
empato

Post by empato »

theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:36 pm That’s exactly what I just mentioned. Sorry, maybe it wasn’t clear, but the requirement to plough grass fields was removed. They did this by making it so that cutting grass resets the needs ploughing layer
No, I`m sorry, I didn`t read your post correctly. You mentioned it correctly and I misunderstood it.