Personal Map Preference Poll - Frontier Design

What are your most important top 3 mod map features?

Poll ended at Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 am

Performance, good FPS, no lag.
20%
Realistic, beautiful, detailed scenery
26%
Extra gameplay features
9%
Map based on the country you live
13%
Large, open, spacious map layout
10%
Small, tight, narrow, map layout
8%
Map focused on Arable farming
8%
Map focused on Livestock farming
5%
Map focused on Logging/Forestry
2%

Total votes: 258

fcdrifter13

Re: Personal Map Preference Poll - Frontier Design

Post by fcdrifter13 »

I think what you want is a Farmer Simulator, instead of a Farming Simulator.

For me the biggest things I would like to see come out of a map is performance, my R7 1700 is picky and un-optimized maps make it a nightmare(looking at you De Terra Italica) to be enjoyed when you get a stutter when looking a certain way or parts of the maps key features dont work such as a saw mill or the like.

One thing I look for when I chose a map to play on is flexibility. I do a lot of FS on my YT, and being able to pick a certain task or job for the day is key to keep it refreshing. Flexibility to what I do with the land that I own is also nice. If I want to merge field 1 and 2 together its a nice option to have the ability to remove shrubs from the field edges. I think a little more thought into how a piece of equipment can gt into a field is nice as well, if i join fields 1&2 getting a NH harvester in with the header trailer with out destroying everything is kind of a turn off for me, some tight spaces is fun and i do like a challenge, but forcing a certain size of machinery into a field is a bit of a hassle.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
JamP

Post by JamP »

need one more option... BsM and ALiEN JiM maps. The Best!
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

JamP wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:06 am need one more option... BsM and ALiEN JiM maps. The Best!
Nope they are not part of frontier design team,
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

For me I want a variety of fields, from large to almost tiny. No shrubs with collision. It’s a hassle and unrealistic. I mean a huge quadtrac gets stuck in a hedge? Not too many fences or trees/fences that get in the way of the workers. Plenty of vehicle shelters and storage at the farm. Oh and no starting fields on the other side of the map. I guess I’m picky 😁
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

As the poll options do not reflect my preferences, i put them down this way here:
3 features of a map are important to me,
1. the map must be helper friendly, not only supported, this means, trees and fences and the like near the field are ok, but only at 2 of the four sides or must be removeable (able to cut down or to be sold)
2. the dimension of the scenery should look realistic, so small equipment looks small, medium fitting and large actually feels large, yet all the usual visited places must be reachable with all fitting equipment (e.g.: sell points must be reachable with small and large trailers, but maybe you have to maneuver the trailer backwards to the selling point or something like that)
3. points of interest should not all look alike, not all selling points and farm silos (if there are multiple ones) should only be of the drive-through type
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
JamP

Post by JamP »

Brazil map.... My country :)
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server