Why Farming Simulator?

Why did you start playing Farming Simulator?

You are a farmer and simply love farming
13%
You always wanted to be a farmer and can now live out your dream
14%
You enjoy playing simulation games
15%
You enjoy operating equipment/implements/machines
16%
Randomly happened across the game and now love it
37%
Other
5%

Total votes: 107

ClassicTractors

Re: Why Farming Simulator?

Post by ClassicTractors » Sun May 06, 2018 4:36 am

I remember in the days of FS2013, I searched Ford Tractors on YouTube and a video for NI Moddings Ford Force Pack came up. I immediately wanted the game, and ended up getting it that Christmas. Now, 2 almost 3 version later, I'm still loving the game.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks

this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav » Sun May 06, 2018 10:31 am

I've always loved tractors and spent much of my free time as a teenager volunteering on a farm. Not being from a farming family I knew there was little chance of a career in farming so the dream of a life in it was only that, and the age of 20 I'd moved on.

Randomly stumbled on the demo for FS2011, laughed quite a bit expecting it to be another terrible game of which we've all seen many, but I tried it anyway, as terrible games are often hilarious... it was anything but terrible... not 15 minutes the laughing had all gone and I'd bought the full game.

I missed much of FS2013 for reasons I can't remember, but I bought the Titanium Edition when it was released.

FS15 was the first version where I really started getting into mods (how had it taken this long?) and I'm probably well into 4 figures of hours of time spent on Coldborough Park Farm. That continued into FS17 and hopefully FS19 too.

Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave » Sun May 06, 2018 10:36 am

I was bored one day whilst on the loo, and came across Daggerwins channel via YouTube, and was hooked ever since. So after I got cleaned up, I put the PS4 on and bought the game with the season pass for a whopping £24.99 (bargain) and been hooked ever since.

It’s Strange, as I’m more into FPS type games, however I find FS to be relaxing. You can either sit there for hours a day just farming, or meet and play with new people/ friends and enjoy doing what you do, and share some laughs together when a Plough decides to shoot into the sky when it’s detached on a fence (Strange).

It’s even dedication, whilst I’m sat here in my RV on my Gold Mine within the Yukon, farming whilst my crews make me money.

I even think to myself (whilst working) that I must tend to my Cows and start fertilising, or do other jobs that need doing, and that’s never happened to me before with any game. It’s just nice. I like it.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*

Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:04 am

I've started with FS17 and I knew about it for a long time but always told myself "A farming game, that sounds boring and really stupid." I said that everytime I heard or seen a video relating the game. Then I ran out of games to play and my cousin was visiting and he had the game with him. Saw the case on the table and I thought to myself. ' screw it I'm going to give it a shot if it's bad well I didn't buy it." At the time the game was $60 which I viewed as a "waste of money." As the game loaded I was predicting that I was going to get bored really fast but when I finally got into the game I sat there for a while trying to figure out the controls which was a fun experience in itself but even after I got the controls down I found it oddly satisfying to harvest that field of wheat and when my cousin left with the game, I immediately opened up PlayStation store and purchased the game, ever since then I've been playing the game for the longest now. My dad saw me play it and he actually does a bit of farming (not with big equipment though) and decided to give it a shot and he loves it as well. To give y'all a example PSN sent out a email Jan 1 this year it said a year in review and one part of it had the top 3 most played games of 2017 and FS17 came first with a total of 6,256 hours played. (May be inaccurate)
Last edited by Michael5941 on Thu May 10, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:

Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:22 am

RogueRooster wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 3:55 pm
I'm not sure how honest I should be here, I tried the game via a naughty download as I was strapped for cash and wanted something new to play and thought farming would be funny to do. I got hooked within the first couple of hours of playing fs15 and within 4 hours of starting on the pirate version I'd bought the full game and then bought all the subsequent DLC's for fs15 as I was loving it so much. I then obviously bought FS17 and the kuhn dlc (didn't buy the rest as they wouldn't have fit in with the play style I'd developed over the previous 2-3 years)
When I bought it after the trial run shall we call it, I didn't even know about the modding community or anything about the developers at the time, it was something I tried and thought It'd stave off boredome for an hour or two and then I ended up hooked on it. Barely played anything else since except Footy Manager which my dad buys me every birthday for tradition.
Can I just add that if you have perhaps downloaded the game via naughty ways but you are still enjoying then do the right thing and buy it properly like I did. If you don't buy it then giants will have less money to improve the next iteration of the game. Hope I don't get told off for being too honest here but that's how I got into FS
Least you did the right thing and bought the game after *thumbsup*
Enjoying FS19 on PS4

RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster » Tue May 08, 2018 11:56 pm

^^
Luckily I'v grown out of my naughty ways but back then I had a rule that if I was still playing a game after a week I'd buy it properly, with FS it was 4 hours lol.

redglasses

Post by redglasses » Wed May 09, 2018 3:51 am

^^lol, it really is a good game eh? My freinds always bash me and I say its actually a good game, they laugh and then I say I have 800 hours and they laugh even harder :frown:
Playing on xbox one
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer

lefe1

Post by lefe1 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:04 am

Michael5941 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 8:04 am
To give y'all a example PSN sent out a email Jan 1 this year it said a year in review and one part of it had the top 3 most played games of 2017 and FS17 came first with a total of 6,256 hours played.
I Don't Believe you...you better go read your email again because there is no way you played that many hour.. that would come out to an average of 17Hours and 14 mins per day you play it. I received the same email and I play it everyday sometimes all day and only have 1847 hours that's a little over 5 hours average per day.

EnglishGent

Post by EnglishGent » Wed May 09, 2018 2:45 pm

I just happened to see an online vid of the wood harvester in FS15 and decided I had to have a go and the rest is history. I used to play a lot of games of all manner of types. Driving and shooting stuff, but they kept getting harder and harder and I found it wasn't relaxing any more, whereas I can spend a few hours down on the farm and its a nice peacful game.

Maze313

Post by Maze313 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Last year I went to buy a few new games came across fs thought I should try it for a change of pace bought three other games with it got it home put it in the PS4 played for 6 hrs not even realizing I did my wife said gee u don’t like that or anything took the other three back came home bought the season pass play it daily since love it always something to do currently play on Oregon springs have 250+ hrs on it have had a few farms with 500+ hrs on them( American outback, gcv, giants island lawfolds)
Playing on PS4 (Maze313)

Maze313

Post by Maze313 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:18 pm

Just wish a few other maps had seasons love the realism in it some maps would be so much better with seasons
Playing on PS4 (Maze313)

Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:21 am

lefe1 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:04 am
Michael5941 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 8:04 am
To give y'all a example PSN sent out a email Jan 1 this year it said a year in review and one part of it had the top 3 most played games of 2017 and FS17 came first with a total of 6,256 hours played.
I Don't Believe you...you better go read your email again because there is no way you played that many hour.. that would come out to an average of 17Hours and 14 mins per day you play it. I received the same email and I play it everyday sometimes all day and only have 1847 hours that's a little over 5 hours average per day.
Well I pulled the number from my head I didn't actually look at my email as I deleted it after reading it there is a high probability that I'm way off but I do remember it was above 3000 hours ,I double it to be safe. I added a "may be inaccurate" disclaimer in my original post so hopefully that helps.
Last edited by Michael5941 on Thu May 10, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoying FS19 on PS4

Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:28 am

redglasses wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:51 am
^^lol, it really is a good game eh? My freinds always bash me and I say its actually a good game, they laugh and then I say I have 800 hours and they laugh even harder :frown:
If you read my post then you know I laughed at the game before and after I played it it was me laughing at myself for judging it so harshly

It goes to show to not judge something by its cover. (Don't remember who originally made that quote)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4

Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:58 am

I had played some farming games growing up as farming is just part of my family but I never thought any came even somewhat close to being on the farm but fs did it for me I was skeptical when my brother recommended it to me but once I started playing I knew he was right and bought this game (fs15 at the time) and have been playing it ever since

Guil

Post by Guil » Thu May 10, 2018 12:25 pm

I was out of work with a shoulder injury in 2015 and saw it on the ps store and always wanted a farming game so said why not. I spent most of the time I was off injured playing it ha.