Why Farming Simulator?

Why did you start playing Farming Simulator?

You are a farmer and simply love farming
13%
You always wanted to be a farmer and can now live out your dream
14%
You enjoy playing simulation games
15%
You enjoy operating equipment/implements/machines
16%
Randomly happened across the game and now love it
37%
Other
5%

Total votes: 107

Jlf85

Why Farming Simulator?

Post by Jlf85 »

I'm really just curious as to how this game attracts so many players. Myself, I was raised on a farm and love running all the equipment, so it was a good fit for me... wondering what the stories are for the rest of you?
Ntw1986

Re: Why Farming Simulator?

Post by Ntw1986 »

Not a farmer now but grew up on farms growing soft fruits like strawberries and apples etc. If you have heard of copella in uk my dad was in charge of growing their fruit
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Watched let's plays on YouTube.

I watched that many that I came here and was able to help alot of people on pc lol.
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
markare

Post by markare »

Went onto twitch when I got my xb1 and the first stream I found was for fs15. Bought the game a couple weeks later and then pre purchased 17 as soon as I could. But for some reason for the past 3 to 4 months I've not played for more than 30 minutes then its days between the next time I play it. Juat can't seem to immerse myself in it and I think it's Don to mods, I'm always the same with game mods, never find what I want and play with it I spend more time looking for other mods and by then it's too late for me and the fun of playing has gone. :frown:
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

I caught FS15 while watching of all people Sl1pg8r's channel. I think he was poking fun at the game at first but really came around later in the set. Figured I would try it out and I couldn't stop playing. Went back and got a copy of 13 for PS3 and played the heck out of that as well.

I'm not a farmer, just a gamer. FS is great because it stimulates the logistics area of my brain as I make my various farms more efficient and easier to manage. Farming Simulator blends the big picture with small detail really well, a key to its lasting appeal.
Farming on PS5
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I was watching YouTube and happened across FS13 and asked for it for Christmas. My grandparents got FS15 for me though as it had just come out, and from then I've been hooked.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Seen the PS4 advertisement for FS15. Liked having a game that I could do whatever I wanted to. And the best part,there is no wrong way to play. Im ready to see what theyre showing at E3.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Chad

Post by Chad »

Grew up on family farm. Still actually involved with it. Had no idea this game even existed. Got in on the tail-end of fs15. Fs17 is amazing. Never seen a game get so much outside support. Huge thanks to Giants and all of the modders
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Well TBH here, for me its hard to say, yes i wanted to be a farmer in real life, but man the price for the houses and the land that comes with, makes your heart stop, but i love earning my money, i have no trace of that cheat box on my HD, i like to earn my money to buy fields, tractors and everything in between, i just stumbled across the FS series on PS3, i was up clear til noon the next day playing it, and i just was blown away, i grew up playing JD farming, just a point and click game, but to actually drive, hookup to a piece of equipment, and driving it to somewhere was mind blowing, and simulation games are my kind of games, you play how you want and its relaxing.
Omniplasma

Post by Omniplasma »

I've had part-time jobs on farms when I was younger and absolutely loved it. Didn't mind getting covered in poop or dirt. I always wished I could find full-time work doing that kind of stuff but that's hard to find around here considering most farms are struggling to stay afloat. I used to joke about going to work, then coming home to play a game in which I'm doing more work.
Xbox One FS17 Player from the US. Gamertag: Omniplasma
Fellow farmers needed.
Omniplasma

Post by Omniplasma »

Omniplasma wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:28 am I lived on a farm as a young child and I've also had part-time jobs on farms when I was growing up and absolutely loved it. Didn't mind getting covered in poop or dirt. I always wished I could find full-time work doing that kind of stuff but that's hard to find around here considering most farms are struggling to stay afloat. I used to joke about going to work, then coming home to play a game in which I'm doing more work.
Xbox One FS17 Player from the US. Gamertag: Omniplasma
Fellow farmers needed.
anonymouz

Post by anonymouz »

My Mom was working along Time for the LPG(GDR), when i was a Kid.
Mostly in Cowsheds and with Calves.
I was helping her sometimes, when she took me to work, feeding the Calves etc.
I liked to help and feed the Calves etc. but i dont really fall in love with farming as a kid, but this changed now with FS17 somehow. ^^

I played FS first time on PC, but dont remember the Year exactly.
Found it by checking out some Simulator Games with the Main-Themes of Destruction/Demolition, Fire Fighting or Build Simulator and well, farming.

FS started to be my Fav, not only just because of the sheer unlimited amount of different Mods.
It just made Fun.

My PC once took a stuff and i forgot about the Games i played on it.

Then i saw FS17 on Xbox One Deals and immediately hit the Buy-Button.
I didnt know FS once came on Consoles before, so i was really surprised.
But hand on heart, i also didnt expect much improvements, because sure they are steady but not pioneering.
...So at least was my Opinion, not really knowing what was changed since i played it last time.

What can i say, now i lost Interest for all Games i actually played before like BF1, Warframe, GoW4, WoT, R6S, SoW, Hawken, Witcher3 etc., more and more with every Day i started FS17.
Now i cant wait to look at new Mods in the Hub and start my Save on TVTOF every Day.
I even started to recognize Brands, Equipments and so on in RL.
And oh my... i enjoy it.

FS17 was a T-Rex Step forward since i played FS back in the days.
At first i didnt bought the Season Pass because of my wrong Expectations.
Then i decided to ask in the Forum, about the next possible Time for Deals coming to Console.
And then i just decided to honor Giants for their good work and way with the Game,
and bought the Season Pass with full prize.

Thanks for the Fun i had in the last Month,
with Farming Simulator 17 on Consoles.
This not only goes out to Giants,
but also to the Modders who made all these brilliant Mods we are able to enjoy now,
and all these Players who talk about their Ideas to improve the Game much more.
May some of these Dreams come true in FS19!

I bow! Thanks!
GoodBye :[ Xbox One - ruleX Radikal ]: - :hi: - Welcome back :[ PC Master Race ]:
Stonecutter

Post by Stonecutter »

During the past Winter sale on XBL I decided to purchase the complete version of FS17 after hearing a few other people talk about it. I figured it was only $20 for the whole package so I figured it was worth the risk. It quickly became my most played game that didn't have "Forza" in the title. In fact I liked it so much that I bought the PC version a couple days ago!

I'm a complete noob when it comes to farming though so I'm having to learn everything as I go (haven't tried animals or logging yet). Thankfully the ingame tutorials are decent and I found a couple helpful YouTube players to make up for what the tutorials lack.

I'm very much looking forward to FS19 as well, although I'm not sure how I will find time to play it with all the other games that interest me coming out during the same "Fall 2018" time frame.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

My answer is, I simply love operating equipment/implements/machines.
But thats not how I met the game.
One of my friends, who knows me really well, one day just said "you should try this game".
I didn't even question and bought the game in an instant.
Since then, I just can't imagine myself doing anything else other than playing FS.
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

I've seen a video trailer on PSN and I liked it. Besides it's a calm game not requiring too much attention and - the biggest plus for me - it can be played while muted, therefore while playing it, I can listen to my music. B-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2: