[FS19] - Time to really step it up, Giants!

eight_lugs

Re: [FS19] - Time to really step it up, Giants!

Post by eight_lugs »

I’m gonna start a gofundme for Giants so they can buy the JD license
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Me thinks you should all stop feeding the troll.....
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
TSM

Post by TSM »

without Giants editor and the scripting reference material and the plugins for Blender,Maya and 3Dsmax there would be no modding in FS and who provides them ;)
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

The argument the OP makes fails due to no true competition in the foreseeable future. Businesses analyze threats to earnings based on many factors such as currency enchange rates, economy, costs of goods, wages, etc. However, in the short term (2 - 3 years) Giants has no concern for competition entering the market. You want to play a farm sim game this is the game. You want to sit and wait to play a farm sim game then PF18 or CC. Simple. Ideas are listened to more readily now in this forum than a year ago. Slowly, they are improving.
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

eight_lugs wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:17 pm I’m gonna start a gofundme for Giants so they can buy the JD license
:lol: :lol: haha Let me know when you do. I'll gladly donate *thumbsup*

And to the OP. I only started playing this game in July. But from what I know, this game made a lot of changes just from FS15 to 17. Added more crops, made it possible to add mods on console, which is cool. They also added a new crop and map after release. Added seasons. Who cares if its Giants or modders adding mods. As long as they're working together.

To me it sounds like you want all these changes to happen overnight. It takes time. And FS19 will only get better in terms of graphics and learning what fans like and dont.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I have to call a spade a spade and agree with what the original poster wrote, with the exception of the competition. Right now there really isn't any. But competition forces all parties to step up and I think if we got some legitimate alternative it would be even better.

That said Giants has improved the game vastly from version to version, but you are right, modders are the ones that make the game for me and I wouldn't be playing without it.
empato

Post by empato »

RobertLidstroem wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 2:30 pm And same with the maps, have you even been to Germany (i know Giants IS from Germany, more the shame!) or USA?
Giants is a Swiss company, they are NOT from germany! You should be accurate when you criticize things.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

empato wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:30 pm

Giants is a Swiss company, they are NOT from germany! You should be accurate when you criticize things.

They are also located in Erlangen/Germany

empato

Post by empato »

Yes, but that does not change anything. Only because they have a local branch does not change their origin. If so, you could also call Apple or McDonalds a german company. Giants is founded in Switzerland from two Swiss people, so they are 100% Swiss.
W1der

Post by W1der »

[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

+1 @W1der

But: '100% Swiss' doesn't make sense.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

empato wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:09 pm Yes, but that does not change anything. Only because they have a local branch does not change their origin. If so, you could also call Apple or McDonalds a german company. Giants is founded in Switzerland from two Swiss people, so they are 100% Swiss.
OK If you say so.......

Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

RobertLidstroem wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:58 pm Again....not a single one of you gets it.....
Well, If "get it" means that we won't enjoy the game/sim any more I guess that "not getting it" is a good thing...

Cheers
Tom
RobertLidstroem

Post by RobertLidstroem »

BigNRichlll wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:30 pm There's a lot to address here, Robert, & I'll be honest, you seem like a salty guy. I like that, cuz I'm a salty guy myself. So while I do agree that it hasn't progressed as quickly as the technology for it has, there are some things to consider. This game basically began with 2 computer nerds who built a game engine but had no real purpose for it, eventually settling on farming, somehow. Lisertan recently linked a very interesting article on the backstory & how they've gotten to the point where you see it as just another mainstream game franchise, but FS is anything but. I think it hurts them that they don't have nearly enough back ground in farming to know the nuances of a daily farmer, but a recent poll on this forum showed that actual farmers playing this game(me) are the very lowest % of players. So there has to be a balance of intricate detail vs gameplay for the masses in order for there to be enough revenue for expansion. This game isn't even set in a specific country, so when you consider the many different styles of farming the world over, you almost have to have a watered down version to stay compatible everywhere. Maybe you don't know this, but they have hired Realismus on for his work with seasons, which is a huge step in the right direction for both dedicated modders & Giants. I just think that with all the free content, revenue for expansion hasn't come as quickly in a niche market to satisfy the detail oriented users like yourself. We all have things that we'd like to see put into the next games, but perhaps try organizing your ideas in a creative,persuasive way to help Giants see why they should add something specifically, & how the majority would want this. An example I give is cotton. I think cotton makes more sense than any other crop(maybe alfalfa) but the truth what would cotton be without JD harvesters? So we just have to be patient until the revenue matches the ability to purchase JD's license & then I guarantee we'll see cotton in-game. Waiting doesn't make me content, it just makes me understanding of how things work, you see? Sorry for long post.
Finally someone gets it and replys with a good answer! No, i actually didnt know they hired on Realismus! Well done on both parts!
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

This just makes me laugh.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<