[FS19] - Time to really step it up, Giants!

RobertLidstroem

[FS19] - Time to really step it up, Giants!

Post by RobertLidstroem »

(Intro: its time to step it up for Giants, the time where they have been solely relying on modders has to come to an end)

Who's ranting?

Robert L, 38 years from Sweden. Been a simulation fan a long time, and found FS2008 when looking around for a new sim to enjoy. Not really a farmboy myself, but been living on farms most of my childhood years. has bought every game and every DLC since day 1.

Why ranting?

I get pretty upset seeing videos and "behind the scenes" from Giants where they every year claim "we doubled our crew and everybody is 24/7 all year to bring out new exciting features!" - Really?

So, here we go:

Whats wrong?

GIANTS really really need to stop relying on modders. You should be in the forefront of mapdesign, scripting and developing! Every year i hope for something new to happen, something new you can interact with, something to DO! Nothing....same lifeless maps, lifeless tractors and machinery, maybe just maybe a new animal, or crop. And some new "dead" machinery....

Come on you've been pushing basicly the same stuff since FS11. YOU, the developer really need to be in the forefront of the developing of this sim! Where is openable doors, windows, switching lightbuttons, setting up the steeringwheel, popping the hood, checking the oil, checking tirepressure etc. More diversity! Where is gears on tractors?

And same with the maps, have you even been to Germany (i know Giants IS from Germany, more the shame!) or USA? Where is seasons? Where is openable barndoors, working feedingmixers, mixing your own liquid fertilizer? And much much more. You know what? MODDERS DID IT!

Seasons: - Realismus Modding
Gearbox: - Stefan Biedenstein (Mogli12)
MoreRealistic: - Dural
Dynamic Hoses: Xentro
Manual Attaching: Wopster
Hose System: Wopster & Xentro
adBlue, OilChange, handbrake, advancedHelper: BlackPantherGroup

and many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many more!

And modders who push boundaries and detail to the limit:

Ago-SystemTech: John Deere 7R series 2011 Europe Version, Fendt Cargo 5X90 Pack, Fendt 700 Vario Scr, Fendt Vario S4 800 SERIES, Fendt Vario S4 900 SERIES - this is the detail and work we need in standard Giants tractors!

Farmer_Andy: Hof Bergmann - watch and learn, Giants, this is how you push a map to their limits!

How to fix?

Appreciate your community by hiring or buying scripts from modders and implement into the next version of FS! Win - win! Modders get more interrested in creating more content, scripts etc - we finally get a game with some new features!

Yes i'm not stupid, i realise there is a lot of papers and contracts, and you cant implement i.e. John Deere-stuff, since you dont have the license etc.

The modders make this game, and GIANTS has been piggybacking all too long!

(And there is one competitor coming strong!)

STEP IT UP, GIANTS!
STL

Re: [FS19] - Time to really step it up, Giants!

Post by STL »

What competitor is coming on strong? I thought I had bought, and tried all farming sim games there were. I haven't found any other one, that's even close.
RobertLidstroem

STL wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 3:29 pm What competitor is coming on strong? I thought I had bought, and tried all farming sim games there were. I haven't found any other one, that's even close.
Kattlez & Kroppz - in early access now. Needs alot more work, but still have more interresting features right now than FS17.

(Lol clearly GIANTS are afraid of them since you cant write there title properly without ending up with "Command and Conquer" :D
eric21

Post by eric21 »

You do know a number of team are modders themseleves. If you dont like what they are doing, then by all means do it yourself. Or of you have experience then apply
STL

Post by STL »

The sorry mess that game is in now. There is only 1 thing I can agree with you on about it. That is it "needs a lot more work". If, and when they ever get a finished product done from that mess. Farming Simulator will be on FS33, and I'll most likely be dead.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

RobertLidstroem wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 3:34 pm Kattlez & Kroppz - in early access now. Needs alot more work, but still have more interresting features right now than FS17.
Then go play it. Enjoy! *thumbsup*

When there's a product on the market that I don't think is up to par, or doesn't quite meet all the needs/wants I have for it, or the benefits of said product doesn't meet the price point to me, I don't buy it. It's pretty simple. So if FS19 does not meet your standards, let your wallet do the talking and keep your PC/Console's hard drive open so you can install a different farming game. I know I certainly won't be buying it until I see some real progression in the series.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

No complaints from my end! I love it and haven’t bought a new game in 3 years apart from FS15 and FS17
RobertLidstroem

Wow.....You people have NO hopes and feelings for FS19 at all right? You would just be pleased if GIANTS just changed the cover, and you would happily pay the full amount?

You dont think i'm right in that the game lacks a ton of features that modders then solve after time?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Well instead of moaning about it, why dont you help them or advise them? Seems you know alot about programing
RobertLidstroem

Again....not a single one of you gets it.....you must be the worlds most contempt buyers....

Maybe time to start a sim, and skim people by just changing cover every now and then?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

And yet here you are playing fs17? If you put this in more polite words then people would understand you, not by going in aggressively. Thats not how you do it if you want your point to get across
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

There's a lot to address here, Robert, & I'll be honest, you seem like a salty guy. I like that, cuz I'm a salty guy myself. So while I do agree that it hasn't progressed as quickly as the technology for it has, there are some things to consider. This game basically began with 2 computer nerds who built a game engine but had no real purpose for it, eventually settling on farming, somehow. Lisertan recently linked a very interesting article on the backstory & how they've gotten to the point where you see it as just another mainstream game franchise, but FS is anything but. I think it hurts them that they don't have nearly enough back ground in farming to know the nuances of a daily farmer, but a recent poll on this forum showed that actual farmers playing this game(me) are the very lowest % of players. So there has to be a balance of intricate detail vs gameplay for the masses in order for there to be enough revenue for expansion. This game isn't even set in a specific country, so when you consider the many different styles of farming the world over, you almost have to have a watered down version to stay compatible everywhere. Maybe you don't know this, but they have hired Realismus on for his work with seasons, which is a huge step in the right direction for both dedicated modders & Giants. I just think that with all the free content, revenue for expansion hasn't come as quickly in a niche market to satisfy the detail oriented users like yourself. We all have things that we'd like to see put into the next games, but perhaps try organizing your ideas in a creative,persuasive way to help Giants see why they should add something specifically, & how the majority would want this. An example I give is cotton. I think cotton makes more sense than any other crop(maybe alfalfa) but the truth what would cotton be without JD harvesters? So we just have to be patient until the revenue matches the ability to purchase JD's license & then I guarantee we'll see cotton in-game. Waiting doesn't make me content, it just makes me understanding of how things work, you see? Sorry for long post.
I make jokes that others don't get.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

^^ +1
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

I watched the FS17 making of vid on Youtube the other day (glad they had English subtitles). I think the team is really passionate about the game and what they put into it. Watching two of them run demos and put themselves on the spot with Case and Fendt reps at the trade show, you could see they were excited and nervous showing off the game to the people that control those brand names. Say what you want about the game but developers of quality games work really long hours. You can bet that the entire Giants team will be practically living in their office for the months leading up to launch.

Many of the updates in 17 are engine and performance related so not "exciting", yet they were needed. I was surprised at how much new was added over 15.

Wait for FS19 to come out and you might be surprised just like I was.
Farming on PS5
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

RobertLidstroem wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:58 pm Again....not a single one of you gets it.....you must be the worlds most contempt buyers....

Maybe time to start a sim, and skim people by just changing cover every now and then?
I get what you are saying but I have a retort. It all comes down to one simple question: Is the game fun? Yes. Does it have replayability? Yes. There are major game companies with AAA franchises that are majorly enhanced by modding, namely fallout and elder scrolls.

A game company is just that: A company. They have to turn a profit. I personally want them too succeed financially. That means weighing what they give us against the man hours required to figure out how to implement it.

Another thing to consider: They don't make us wait ten years for a new game. In a day and age where the times between popular games is getting longer and longer, (again looking at you Bethesda) it's refreshing to know that I will get a new game more often. That does come at a cost however. It's the same reason why madden doesn't seem to change much from year to year. That lack of time means that we may not see a huge amount of drastic changes. It's understandable. I'm frankly impressed with the amount of things they are able to implement.

Frankly I do believe this should be locked because it seems like a giants hate thread and doesn't seem to be constructive.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway