Double attach equipment

vondeylenfarms

Double attach equipment

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Hello, quick question about equipment. While I sit and wait for FS19 and the mods have slowed down I'm getting bored. Love playing the game though. Here in America when we work ground either fall or spring we use several equipment. Mostly a cultivator with separate baskets on the back. For the experts in this game...am I missing anything about double attaching equipment? I know about double trailers and what not but I never sat down and tried to hook cultivators or planters to other equipment to see if it works. Please share your experiences or pics that I may not know about. Thanks!
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
fcdrifter13

Re: Double attach equipment

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Some pieces can be attached with certain mods but not all. There is a pass though cultivator on the mod hub that allows a planter to be on the back.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017

or this one

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017

this is the one that I am talking about.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I should advise I play on PS4...I realize pc people have no issues

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

As in real life, the answer depends on whether the tool in question is equipped to support another tool attached behind it.

For base game examples, consider the Pottinger Novacat mowers that support attaching in tandem. You can combine mowers, or string a windrower along behind a mower, for instance. Or, for a really unusual one (at least to me), the Comia C6 and NH TC5.90 both have rear PTO, which can be used to employ a baler for baling straw.

Or, for DLC examples, many of the Kuhn pack tillage pieces support attaching additional tools (have a look at the pack pictures on the Giants website for some examples). Oh, and the air carts and planters from the Big Bud DLC, of course.

As for mods, there are loads that support what you are talking about. But, the Lemken stuff from ImpTS is what jump immediately to mind for me. Plus, they are on Modhub. Also, some of the balers support trailing a wrapper behind them.

The best place to see stuff, aside from pictures on the FS website or Modhub, is probably YouTube. Loads of “Let’s Plays”, tutorials, and reviews out there.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:19 am Hello, quick question about equipment. While I sit and wait for FS19 and the mods have slowed down I'm getting bored. Love playing the game though. Here in America when we work ground either fall or spring we use several equipment. Mostly a cultivator with separate baskets on the back. For the experts in this game...am I missing anything about double attaching equipment? I know about double trailers and what not but I never sat down and tried to hook cultivators or planters to other equipment to see if it works. Please share your experiences or pics that I may not know about. Thanks!
you can attach loads of stuff.to the lemken stuff.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

parad0x177 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:55 am As in real life, the answer depends on whether the tool in question is equipped to support another tool attached behind it.

For base game examples, consider the Pottinger Novacat mowers that support attaching in tandem. You can combine mowers, or string a windrower along behind a mower, for instance. Or, for a really unusual one (at least to me), the Comia C6 and NH TC5.90 both have rear PTO, which can be used to employ a baler for baling straw.

Or, for DLC examples, many of the Kuhn pack tillage pieces support attaching additional tools (have a look at the pack pictures on the Giants website for some examples). Oh, and the air carts and planters from the Big Bud DLC, of course.

As for mods, there are loads that support what you are talking about. But, the Lemken stuff from ImpTS is what jump immediately to mind for me. Plus, they are on Modhub. Also, some of the balers support trailing a wrapper behind them.

The best place to see stuff, aside from pictures on the FS website or Modhub, is probably YouTube. Loads of “Let’s Plays”, tutorials, and reviews out there.
what baler on PS4 can you trail a wrapper behind?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

TacoFarmer wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:35 am
vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:19 am Hello, quick question about equipment. While I sit and wait for FS19 and the mods have slowed down I'm getting bored. Love playing the game though. Here in America when we work ground either fall or spring we use several equipment. Mostly a cultivator with separate baskets on the back. For the experts in this game...am I missing anything about double attaching equipment? I know about double trailers and what not but I never sat down and tried to hook cultivators or planters to other equipment to see if it works. Please share your experiences or pics that I may not know about. Thanks!
Which lemken stuff? The Lemken gigant 10 I can't attach anything behind it?

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:10 am
TacoFarmer wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:35 am
Which lemken stuff? The Lemken gigant 10 I can't attach anything behind it?
Zirkon is the best one IMO
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

juf.de

Post by juf.de »

For balers there is this combination possible:
http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... tle=fs2017
http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... tle=fs2017
sorry for german language, to lazy to switch to english in mod hub
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
garyst

Post by garyst »

I noticed in the horsch pack there is a 6m cultivator with a hitch on the back but I could never get anything to attach to it, not sure why it was put on there.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I think he means something like this, this is from welker farm's operation
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Double attach equipment should work in the game. I think it is not common in the game because most of us are not actual farmers and do not realize how common it is IRL.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

redglasses wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 4:37 pm Image
I think he means something like this, this is from welker farm's operation
This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about...thank you. I couldn't get my picture to upload...

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I’ve seen farms near where I live use trail behind equipment but not everyone does it and we haven’t on the farm I grew up around and occasionally worked on, that being said that doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of farms that use stuff like that