FS19 on Xbox One?

Magnarex

Re: FS19 on Xbox One?

Post by Magnarex »

The real issue here is a primitive game engine. The reason it plays so well on current PCs compared to consoles isn't so much the lack of power on the consoles as it is an abundance of power on the PCs. Huge amounts of excess power that overcomes the limitations of the engine.

Giants can do themselves a favor, and all of their customers, by licensing a new engine.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

They said they keep their own engine because its custom made for the game and is better for the game it self, plus they are familiar with it already
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I think Stegei wrote once, that there is no engine on the market which would be able to handly all the game now offers besides that it's also their own develpment, so they not only can not switch over but they also don't want to switch over.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

I get it that they want to cruise with their own engine. It's less work for them and doesn't cost money in licensing and development time but they shouldn't elude to hardware limitations when they're self-imposed software limitations.

However, I believe it's in Giant's best interests to advance the game otherwise one of these other companies trying to make a farming game will eventually hit on the game-play aspect they are missing and then Giants will have to actually compete for market share.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Good, honestly good. One day there needs to be something in the market that isn't fs, competition breeds excellence
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Honestly, it would be awesome if their game engine would be improved by loads. But switching won't really solve the problem. They will need atleast the time it takes to build FS21 to make sure a 'new' engine does what they want it to do, in the way they want it to. So there probably wouldn't be a huge difference any time soon.
It would make more sense to use the money and time to keep working on their own engine.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<