Favourite Seasons Geo

Patrick73

Re: Favourite Seasons Geo

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ standard geo you can do that but with a grass silage harvest and then plant soya
FusionAudio

Post by FusionAudio »

I use the US only geo mod..on all maps..I never liked snow..ever so for me its fine.
Frozen Catalyst

Post by Frozen Catalyst »

Some great tips here. :-)

With Double Corn on Northern Italy I'm guessing it gets silaged in the final growth stage rather than when it turns to 'harvestable'?

I've tried out the Northern Sweden one a bit, but could only get Canola to grow (planting in late summer) as each coming into each Autumn the ground temps would drop to just under what was required for the other crops.
Xbox One |FS22| Holmåkra
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

JamP wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:09 pm
RODHA wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:18 pm ^^ Low to none. Even if it snows it doesn't pile up and melts away quickly. Rain and fog doesn't last long.
I like it the most. Northern Italy is also pretty close to this one but you can't do double crop with it.
Italy = Double Corn/year
First to silage, and second to grain.
Did you try that by yourself?
I'm asking because as you can see from the calendar of northern italy, planting season for corn and soybeans ends at the end of earyl summer.
And as wheat, barley or canola which are seeded in early spring can only be harvested at the begining of mid summer, harvesting and seeding windows don't overlap.

There is only one thing though. The calendar shows that the harvesting season for wheat, barley or canola starts in early summer. However, although it is the same in us midwest you can't harvest them in early summer. You need to wait till mid summer. So, I assume that it is the same with northern italy too. So, even if the calendar shows early summer, you can't harvest at early summer. But as I have never tried this with northern italy, this is just an assumption based on my experience in us midwest.

Can you confirm that this is diifferent in northern italy and you can actually harvest wheat, barley or canola in earyl summer?

NORTHERN ITALY

US MIDWEST
PS5 / FS22
JamP

Post by JamP »

RODHA wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:15 am
JamP wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:09 pm
RODHA wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:18 pm ^^ Low to none. Even if it snows it doesn't pile up and melts away quickly. Rain and fog doesn't last long.
I like it the most. Northern Italy is also pretty close to this one but you can't do double crop with it.
Italy = Double Corn/year
First to silage, and second to grain.
Did you try that by yourself?
I'm asking because as you can see from the calendar of northern italy, planting season for corn and soybeans ends at the end of earyl summer.
And as wheat, barley or canola which are seeded in early spring can only be harvested at the begining of mid summer, harvesting and seeding windows don't overlap.

There is only one thing though. The calendar shows that the harvesting season for wheat, barley or canola starts in early summer. However, although it is the same in us midwest you can't harvest them in early summer. You need to wait till mid summer. So, I assume that it is the same with northern italy too. So, even if the calendar shows early summer, you can't harvest at early summer. But as I have never tried this with northern italy, this is just an assumption based on my experience in us midwest.

Can you confirm that this is diifferent in northern italy and you can actually harvest wheat, barley or canola in earyl summer?

NORTHERN ITALY

US MIDWEST
You know, my English is limited, I will try ...

I do not know about the other seasons because this is my first season (in 3 year in this map 9 days seasons)

for me, the image that appears from Italy in modhub is different from appears in the game.

Specifically corn, has a larger green bar, the planting of corn goes from the first day of spring until the first days of summer., so on the last day of planting it is in its last growth phase, dark green, which allows it to be used for silage., I plant again that same day and harvest at the end of autumn.

I do not know how to post a picture here on my cell phone, but here's her link...
http://xboxclips.com/JamP/screenshots/2 ... b00f66d9a4

I have not tried other Geo, but if until the last day of planting, turning dark green, it would give to do the same thing.

Sorry many erros .. lol

PS: and until that date, I have not yet been able to harvest soya, barley or wheat. In the middle of summer

PS2: Another thing I usually do is plant wheat, barley or canola before winter, and after harvesting in early summer I plant soybeans in the same fields.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I’ve jusy always used the Midwest gel because it’s similar to the weather I have in Tennessee and neighboring Arkansas although not exact I like for that and the double planting ability it’s the one geo I’ve used so I can’t say anything good or bad about the others but if you’re looking to try one and want a fairly laid back not a hard grind geo I would recommend Midwest
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

JamP wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:37 pmPS2: Another thing I usually do is plant wheat, barley or canola before winter, and after harvesting in early summer I plant soybeans in the same fields.
First of all thanks for the tip :hi: I had no idea that the calendars in the modhub and in the game are different.
In this case you are absolutely right. You can do 1 silage and 1 grain harvest out of corn in one year.

On the other hand I'm really interested in what you said about planting wheat, barley or canola before winter. When I tried that in us midwest geo, it simply didn't work. As I've mentioned before, although the harvesting season is shown in early summer they don't become ready to harvest untill mid summer. And you can't plant soybeans in mid summer with norther italy. So, double crop with soybeans seems to be impossible with northern italy. But I'll definitely try this. Because may be it doesn't work on us midwest geo only.

Anyways, thanks for sharing info and experience :hi:
PS5 / FS22
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Planting stuff like wheat barley and canola in autumn absolutely does work. The harvest window calendar shows the earliest possible harvest date, if you use the earliest possible plant date. It of course matters when you plant it. You need to think of these as time winodows and not the absolute all wheat will be ready at this time.

If the screenshot and the in game calendars do not match, then there is something wrong. Potentially we may have made some changes to the growth and forgot to create a new screenshot.

I can only speak on behalf of the RM geos. We do not provide support for geos made by others
09outlander

Post by 09outlander »

I've only used the US Midwest Geo, I like, double crops are nice as well. I'm hoping for a Canadian Prairies Geo in the future.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I plant my canola for double harvests right behind my soybeans and let them grow through the winter
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

theSeb wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:02 pm Planting stuff like wheat barley and canola in autumn absolutely does work. The harvest window calendar shows the earliest possible harvest date, if you use the earliest possible plant date. It of course matters when you plant it. You need to think of these as time winodows and not the absolute all wheat will be ready at this time.

If the screenshot and the in game calendars do not match, then there is something wrong. Potentially we may have made some changes to the growth and forgot to create a new screenshot.

I can only speak on behalf of the RM geos. We do not provide support for geos made by others
Thank you for the info seb :hi:
May I ask to confirm something I remember?

I do remember that if any crop other than oil seed radish is out of the soil (sprouted) before winter, it will wither and die in winter. In order to prevent this, you need to plant at a point where you are still in the planting window but germination temperature is not met (somewhere between mid and late autumun) so that the crop could stay in the soil and survive the winter. Then it could sprout in spring.

Is that information correct or wrong?
PS5 / FS22
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

any crop that can be planted in autumn will survive winter I do this with no geo, as I like harvesting wheat or barley in summer as I feel no pressure to get it done as it doesn't really rain in summer.
Frozen Catalyst

Post by Frozen Catalyst »

Last night I was fooling around on Lossberg, playing with the South Moravia Geo, and the canola and Barley I planted in late Summer and early autumn sprouted before and survived until the following spring.
Xbox One |FS22| Holmåkra
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thank you for the info Thefisherj and Frozen Catalyst :hi:
PS5 / FS22