Favourite Seasons Geo

Frozen Catalyst

Favourite Seasons Geo

Post by Frozen Catalyst »

So what are people's favourite Seasons Geo?

Do you try and match it to the maps location or use one similar to where you live?

Myself, I generally use the Wales Geo as I like that rainy/foggy feeling it tends to have. Also noticed that Spring foliage takes a little bit longer to transition than some of the others.

I also use USA-Mid West, as it seems to be the one most similar to the weather I experience here in Australia. Though haven't had a 45 degree summer day yet :coolnew:
Xbox One |FS22| Holmåkra
Scuba steve

Re: Favourite Seasons Geo

Post by Scuba steve »

I usually played with no geo mod but I've recently been using the North-central Italy geo because it's description is what I'm used to seeing here in the states, summer temperature gets quite high and winter falls below freezing with good snowfall possibilities.
FS17 on Xbox One X. FS19 on PC

Chicago, IL

MyYouTube Channel :coolnew:
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I like to use American Midwest as I grew up in Missouri. I also like wales when I’m on an English map.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
JamP

Post by JamP »

North Italy, because give me corn 2 times in one year.

Paraguay, because it is similar to the climate where I live, even though I have never seen snow.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I edited the midwestern one to my liking. Really long hot summer days and a blizzard filled winter.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I don't use a geo tbh, is there one you guys would recommend for my next play through? I know alot of people use the usa one I just dont know if I want to match it to the map or if I use a different one
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Addictedtofs wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 3:39 pm I like to use American Midwest as I grew up in Missouri. I also like wales when I’m on an English map.
you do realise that seasons is based of English weather so you don't necessarily need to use the wales geo
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

US MID WEST as I can do double crops.
Also don’t like too much rainy and foggy wheather.
PS5 / FS22
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Paraguay also does the double crops. And nice weather all year. Just only downside is can't do sugar beets.
PS4
PS5
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Thefisherj wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 4:59 pm
Addictedtofs wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 3:39 pm I like to use American Midwest as I grew up in Missouri. I also like wales when I’m on an English map.
you do realise that seasons is based of English weather so you don't necessarily need to use the wales geo
I do realize. I just like the Wales geo.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

RODHA wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 5:12 pm US MID WEST as I can do double crops.
Also don’t like too much rainy and foggy wheather.
Double crops?
My Discord
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ In early spring you can seed wheat, barley and canola. Then you harvest them in mid summer (although the calendar shows early summer, they won't be ready untill mid summet) where you still have the seeding window for soybeans is open. Right after the harvest you seed soybeans and you can harvest that beans in late autmun right before winter. So you get to harvest twice a year in that geo. Admittedly not all crops. You can't do corn or sunflowers in that order. But for starting a new map, that much crops gives you a lot of money in the first year.

PS5 / FS22
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

RODHA wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:26 am ^^ In early spring you can seed wheat, barley and canola. Then you harvest them in mid summer (although the calendar shows early summer, they won't be ready untill mid summet) where you still have the seeding window for soybeans is open. Right after the harvest you seed soybeans and you can harvest that beans in late autmun right before winter. So you get to harvest twice a year in that geo. Admittedly not all crops. You can't do corn or sunflowers in that order. But for starting a new map, that much crops gives you a lot of money in the first year.

Thats really cool, maybe I'll have to try this one, what are the chances of snow in this geo
My Discord
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ Low to none. Even if it snows it doesn't pile up and melts away quickly. Rain and fog doesn't last long.
I like it the most. Northern Italy is also pretty close to this one but you can't do double crop with it.
PS5 / FS22
JamP

Post by JamP »

RODHA wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:18 pm ^^ Low to none. Even if it snows it doesn't pile up and melts away quickly. Rain and fog doesn't last long.
I like it the most. Northern Italy is also pretty close to this one but you can't do double crop with it.
Italy = Double Corn/year
First to silage, and second to grain.
Last edited by JamP on Tue May 15, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server