Animal Health with Seasons

NateS

Animal Health with Seasons

Post by NateS »

I think I recall hearing some time ago that there was a big of sorts having to do with animal health % and seasons. Does this still exist and what is the work around?

One person has told me to put one animal in the pen and then immediately back in the trailer and then back in the pen again. Is this the proper work around? Should the food/water be full when this is done?
PC & PS4
TacoFarmer

Re: Animal Health with Seasons

Post by TacoFarmer »

NateS wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:05 pm I think I recall hearing some time ago that there was a big of sorts having to do with animal health % and seasons. Does this still exist and what is the work around?

One person has told me to put one animal in the pen and then immediately back in the trailer and then back in the pen again. Is this the proper work around? Should the food/water be full when this is done?
I put them all back in trailer. The food I dont remember.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
NateS

Post by NateS »

So I can buy one animal, put it in the pasture, maybe wait an hour worth of game time? Or is it better to put it back in the trailer after like 2 minutes?

Also, why the quote? Why not just reply?
PC & PS4
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Just do one. Put it out in the pen with full troughs. Bring it back into trailer right away then back out with all of them. Just did it today to start sheep. They start at 80%.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

NateS wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 12:46 am So I can buy one animal, put it in the pasture, maybe wait an hour worth of game time? Or is it better to put it back in the trailer after like 2 minutes?

Also, why the quote? Why not just reply?
I like to quote.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I messed up and bought 30 and then later I had to sell and re-buy every single one. I had to cheat in money and accidentally cheated in too much :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
NateS

Post by NateS »

It sounds like you don't necessarily have to sell them all but you can put them in a trailer instead. I'm hopefully going to try it tomorrow night with some sheep after I sell off my soybeans.
PC & PS4
empato

Post by empato »

If you are on PC and use the developer version from Github, this problem is solved. Don`t know when they fixed it, but it´s gone.

Just started a new game and bought the first animals, Health started with 80% which seems to be a good level to start with.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Does this procedure have to be done for all the animals or just the first one you buy?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

@NateS

When you put 1 animal into the pasture you start with %1 health. Then you sell it or load back into the trailer. After that you unload or buy all your animals. They will start at %80 as a pack.

The real trick is after that point. As far as my testing and observations goes, seasons calculate the health of animals as an average. Let me give some examples.

The health % that is shown on the statistic page is an average number so, lets say you have 100 cows and they are at %95 health. If you buy 100 more cows they will be added to the pasture with %80 starting health. And the average health % for your 200 cows will be 95 + 80 = 175 / 2 = %87. Then it will start to increase from there again. The same goes when they reproduce. Every new born comes with %80 starting health. So, the health of your animals will gradually drop in the respective reproduction season then start to increase again when the reproduction season is over and the populations is stabilized.

On the food side of things, if you keep everything over %10 all the time (including cleanliness) they won't loose any health at all. But if you let them deplete even just one of their food ingredients (including water and straw) they will start to loose health at an exponential rate. It will decrease so rapidly that you will definitely panic. And after that point, when you supply everything back again, the health starts to increase very slowly. So, make sure you never let them deplete anything. Btw, if you let anything to stay between %1 and %10 the health doesn't drop that drastically. That happens only if something is depleted. Between %1 and %10 you still get a decrease but very slowly.
PS5 / FS22
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

Whenever I start with animals, I usually buy 200 straight away, they’ll always start at 1%, However when time increases and they have Water & Feed, you’ll see the percentage just climb and climb. It’ll only go down when there’s no food/ water.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ Thats because you probably don't know the %1 issue. That is a known bug and there is a work around.
Buy 1 and then sell it. After that buy how much you want. They will start %80 health as they should.
You can also bring your animals with a trailer. If you do so, just unload 1 to the pasture then get it back into the trailer and after that unload all of them.
PS5 / FS22
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Why all these tricks? Is this less cheating than just editing the production numbers? The latter is so much simpler.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

It's not a cheat, it's a workaround of an unintended bug which realismus modding have fixed for the next update. The intention was to have animals start with 80% health, which is what the workaround achieves.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc