1.Turn off crop moisture
8%
2.Take a loss
92%

Total votes: 36

TacoFarmer

Seasons: 5 of 9 rainy summer days POLL

Post by TacoFarmer »

5 of my 9 summer canola harvest are going to rain.
Plus I need to do hay on 2 fields.
I dont think im going to have enough dry time.
What would you do?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Guitarman

Re: Seasons: 5 of 9 rainy summer days POLL

Post by Guitarman »

Take a loss I think. That's the fun of seasons for me. You can be up against it.

Edit: Feel for ya though :( .
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
Frozen Catalyst

Post by Frozen Catalyst »

Can you forage it into chaff in the rain?
Xbox One |FS22| Holmåkra
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Frozen Catalyst wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:58 pm Can you forage it into chaff in the rain?
Great idea. Havent tried in the rain,but when its to wet to harvest you can forage it!! *thumbsup*
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

I had snow on day 5 of 9 in spring on my current year and which left my last field to be planted on day 7 of 9 as the temp was not enough to germinate, which I had rain forecasted up to day 8 or 9 of autumn to harvest it, bale it and store the bales will be the last time I do a straw crop in spring
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Thanks for the suggestions.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I would turn off crop moisture simply because it doesn't rain 56% of the days through the summer where I live.
Playing on PC
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

You won't loose anything because at the moment you have no idea when it will rain and how long will it last. Those variables change a lot of things. I have had my enough share of rain with wales geo getting rain in 6 out of 6 days at summer but managed to complete my harvest and making hay. Of course this also depends how many fields you have to work on but if you don't own half of the map I'm quite sure you will be fine. If you feel it is getting tighter then use all the workers you can to complete the work in limited time. One way or another it will be just fine. Turst me. Or don't :biggrin2: :biggrin2: it is your call :lol:
PS5 / FS22
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I shamelessly change the weather lol. I’ll switch between the amount of days I want to another length until I have ideal weather. It’s funny I do this because I’m so careful with realism in every other aspect of the game.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

If I get a poor forecast for harvest time I sometimes drop the speed from 5x to 1x, get as much done as I can before the rain, then stick to 5x after that. If you're lucky, the crops dry in the afternoons and you can harvest through the night, as I've had to IRL more than once. If you're really up against it you can lease another combine to help out.
IIRC I've only had to plough crops in twice, in about 15 years across all my saves.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I use the American (Midwest I think it’s called) geo mod and I rarely have to worry about turning under my crops cause I don’t get much rain if I do it’s usually in the spring or winter so I’ve never really have to worry about losing a crop
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Im using the MidWest Geo also.
Seasons is great that it puts us in these situations.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

RODHA wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:31 am You won't loose anything because at the moment you have no idea when it will rain and how long will it last. Those variables change a lot of things. I have had my enough share of rain with wales geo getting rain in 6 out of 6 days at summer but managed to complete my harvest and making hay. Of course this also depends how many fields you have to work on but if you don't own half of the map I'm quite sure you will be fine. If you feel it is getting tighter then use all the workers you can to complete the work in limited time. One way or another it will be just fine. Turst me. Or don't :biggrin2: :biggrin2: it is your call :lol:
Im working all the GCV fields.
2 combines,1 of them AI.
I wish I could sell fields.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

That’s a lotta ground man, in my savegames once I have two combines I use two workers so that way I can keep both going and never have to stop them if I could hire workers who could follow the combine and unload it both for the second and for the one that I would drive I would use that all the time cause I’ve always loved being on the combines and I enjoy them in fs as well but it drives me nuts having to constantly stop and manually unload the second combine if I’m driving the other so I just end up using two workers while I run the truck, Giants please help a wanna be farmer achieve his dream of running a combine at harvest time, if it weren’t for the fact that I got called by God to be a missionary I probably would’ve ended up working on the farm
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Gimli54,
for PC users there's Courseplay - will help with automatic unloading (and a lot more).