Thoughts on Old Slovenian Farm

lefe1

Re: Thoughts on Old Slovenian Farm

Post by lefe1 »

Princeguardian wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:04 am Oh no i didnt mean to sound harsh if i did. I have not made a map so im still hats off to wbm. I can see they are trying and there are great ideas here to build off of. Thats why i download each version to check it out. Each version gets better its just not yet my cup of tea.
OH NO HAHA I wasn't writing that toward you Princeguardian. I wasn't going after anybody. everyone has there own opinion on anything. I hope WBM keeps doing this and getting better because that means there will be more mods for consoles players. That's why I never go after modders, because more modders we have more mods we get :biggrin2:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

What I think is OP's questioning is spot on.
When this map came out the first time, the very first thought I had was "if BsM touched this then it should be very good". That is a trademark. If there is BsM in it then it should be perfect. Nothing less. They build this expectation as a trademark by putting a lot of effort on their work and supporting the console community since the begining.
So, when I walked around the map I was also shocked like the OP did. The difference is I know more about BsM then OP does. Or in this case more then a lot of people. Not everybody follows BsM closely. So, for those people, this type of thinking is pretty normal. How does BsM do that? But as I knew a lot about them my second thought was "ok, clearly this not their work, they are probably just helping out their partner in a consulting manner and with some 3D models". Then I just moved on.
But in order to prevent this mis-conception, BsM should pay more attention to where their name is used.
PS5 / FS22
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

BsM didn't put their name "on it". White Bull put BsM's name on it because he used their assets and is giving credit. BsM had nothing to do with the map except creating assets in the past which White Bull used and gave credit for using.
Stomy069

Post by Stomy069 »

Nigelbilt wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:13 pm BsM didn't put their name "on it". White Bull put BsM's name on it because he used their assets and is giving credit. BsM had nothing to do with the map except creating assets in the past which White Bull used and gave credit for using.
Then he should have put them in a credits txt or the modDesc like everyone else.. And WBM is not that new to mapping,there is another map called Small and mountainous map that came out in March.. thats plenty of time to learn to do a little better job..
FusionAudio

Post by FusionAudio »

lefe1 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:50 pm Yes White Bull Modding is new to all of this. I never made a map so I don't know what's all involved in it. but at least WBM is trying. I played it for about 12 hours it's not my kind of map. And I didn't come across anything that made it unplayable. Yes a lot of stuff is messed up in it, tree's, fences, ext....but it's still playable. and hey give him credit for trying. and they are making it better. You have to start somewhere to learn how to do this kind of stuff. Sothumbs up to you White Bull Modding *thumbsup* .
I agree with you...I liked the first version better..the update had some improvements on it..but still needs help.maybe WBM will keep fixing it...on thing that makes it difficult fir me to want to go any farther on it is...I don't like the trees.. (pine). ..there not what they had before..the fences are strange..the new ones.I found a extra gold nugget on the first version and found only 98 on the last update...I like thus I hope the WBM keeps working on it...keep going lots of potential guys.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Nigelbilt wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:13 pm BsM didn't put their name "on it". White Bull put BsM's name on it because he used their assets and is giving credit. BsM had nothing to do with the map except creating assets in the past which White Bull used and gave credit for using.
As stomy069 said, BsM’s name should be on the credits section not on authors.
PS5 / FS22
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Ok.....and? Doesn't negate the fact that BsM had nothing to do with this map. Doesn't negate the fact that White Bull added BsM's name. Doesn't negate the fact you invented this outrage for some weird reason.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

OK guys please remain clam.
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
Stomy069

Post by Stomy069 »

Nigelbilt wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:25 pm Ok.....and? Doesn't negate the fact that BsM had nothing to do with this map. Doesn't negate the fact that White Bull added BsM's name. Doesn't negate the fact you invented this outrage for some weird reason.
LMAO :lol: .. Your the only one being outraged for some people being critics..