Thoughts on Old Slovenian Farm

Stomy069

Thoughts on Old Slovenian Farm

Post by Stomy069 »

I'm kinda shocked Black Sheep Modding put there name on this map.. As they make great mods.. Ive played Old Stream Farm forever now (a great map). But Old Slovenian Farm not so.. Most fences don't line up, the bob wire at the ends just sticking out. Rocks and trees in some fields(on the edges but still in the field).. I threw in the editor just to look around there 2 sheep nav meshes and pretty much the whole Old Stream map in underneath,they just raised the terrain over it..I was going edit it a bit but changed my mind.. I just deleted it. They need to update it.. delete all the stuff underneath it would make the file size smaller. delete the other sheep nav mesh..Cant believe it passed Giants testing.. :confusednew: :sadnew:
Patrick73

Re: Thoughts on Old Slovenian Farm

Post by Patrick73 »

Haven’t tried it yet but watched a couple of reviews which mostly echoed what you’ve just said. Mr sealyp p was diplomatic but said it wasn’t worth doing a mod review
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

It's not a black sheep map. it's WhiteBullModding,
Harada

Post by Harada »

Author WhiteBullModding,BlackSheep Modding
XBox Series S
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

White Bull Modding is the maker of the map. the reason blacksheeps name is on the map because White Bull Modding uses a lot of stuff that blacksheep has made for his own maps(BsM)...................White Bull Modding is using BSM mods.
CrashhawkCE

Post by CrashhawkCE »

White Bull Modding is a partner of Black Sheep Modding.. Hence the crazy similar names, all of the buildings on Old Slovenian Farm are from Black Sheep Modding. I mean it took literally 10 seconds for me to research that..
XB1 - Streaming daily on Twitch!
https://twitch.tv/CrashHawkCE

J & M Farms, Illinois
CJ Farms, On the Welsh Marches, Shropshire, UK
Harada

Post by Harada »

lefe1 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:15 pm White Bull Modding is the maker of the map. the reason blacksheeps name is on the map because White Bull Modding uses a lot of stuff that blacksheep has made for his own maps(BsM)...................White Bull Modding is using BSM mods.
And the OP said
I'm kinda shocked Black Sheep Modding put there name on this map
not that they made it.
XBox Series S
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Harada wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:59 pm

And the OP said
I'm kinda shocked Black Sheep Modding put there name on this map
not that they made it.
you need to read more of it "I'm kinda shocked Black Sheep Modding put there name on this map.. As they make great mods.. Ive played Old Stream Farm forever now (a great map). But Old Slovenian Farm not so"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
as they make great mods ive played old stream farm forever now (a great map), but old Slovenian farm not so <--- So that is saying that he thinks blacksheep made this map because blacksheep made Old stream farm
Stomy069

Post by Stomy069 »

Its says Authors WhiteBullModding,BlackSheep Modding. So one would assume it was made in cooperation of both. But after checking it out its clearly not by BSM.. and as i said I cant believe they put there name on it.. BSM make great mods and maps. And if I was BSM there no way i would put my name on..it horribly put together..go check it out yourself
Harada

Post by Harada »

Stomy069 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:30 pm Its says Authors WhiteBullModding,BlackSheep Modding. So one would assume it was made in cooperation of both. But after checking it out its clearly not by BSM.. and as i said I cant believe they put there name on it.. BSM make great mods and maps. And if I was BSM there no way i would put my name on..it horribly put together..go check it out yourself
I looked at this map before and after the latest update and it was a great disappointment on both occasions, would not recommend it to anyone.
XBox Series S
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

I went for it because BlackSheep Modding was mentioned. But, after a hunt around the map for floating gold nuggets I came across so many odd things, tilting roads fence poles that at not vertical, the strange barb wires, logs half burried into the ground, numerous frozen animals, tilting and floating water throughs and one invisible gold nugget just to name the ones I still remenber. I would have liked to try a map in Slovenia. I don't imagine it will be this one.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Idk but i think white bull modding is rather new to modding. Ive downloaded each version and the map gets better each time. When it first came to consoles the bsm involvement was not seen as much. Wbm used lots of bsm buildings and such but it was rather rough. Bsm seems to have gotten involved more since then and has polished some rough edges. There are ideas in this map that i really like. The creek running down the hillside is one, the ability to expand is another, main farm with all animals, chickens roaming the yard, reset brings you to your farm. Some of the lay out after that just seems too chaotic. Like your staring feild right across the creek, you have to drive half way across map, either down and around or up and around to get to it. Why not have a little wood bridge and path there. Then there is the road situation. I like that i can use road and make my own feild at the end of it but the roads dont seem to be in the right spots i guess. Idk. The map has gotten better but yes it still feels off somehow. Not like a bsm map that feels like home no matter where you are from. And yes i get that this is wbm map so it doesnt need to be a bsm map, but i think some tweaking would help it. Just my 2 cents.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Yes White Bull Modding is new to all of this. I never made a map so I don't know what's all involved in it. but at least WBM is trying. I played it for about 12 hours it's not my kind of map. And I didn't come across anything that made it unplayable. Yes a lot of stuff is messed up in it, tree's, fences, ext....but it's still playable. and hey give him credit for trying. and they are making it better. You have to start somewhere to learn how to do this kind of stuff. So thumbs up to you White Bull Modding *thumbsup* .
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Oh no i didnt mean to sound harsh if i did. I have not made a map so im still hats off to wbm. I can see they are trying and there are great ideas here to build off of. Thats why i download each version to check it out. Each version gets better its just not yet my cup of tea.
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

I spent quite a while checking out this map on PS4 after viewing MrSealyP's first look. Turned out he wasn't exaggerating about errors and missing elements. The map is playable so I can see why it was passed by Giants but there are quite a few immersion breaking mistakes that we don't usually see in mods that are associated with BSM. To me the map just feels not quite finished.

The good thing is that the overall layout is excellent and there are great ideas going on in this compact map (I really like the main farm setup).

If WBM decides to do some more fixes and get the map closer to complete then I will be there to sing their praises, which I already do for the washing station (love that thing).
Farming on PS5