As an option
73%
Have the mod upgraded for fs19
7%

Total votes: 75

fcdrifter13

Re: Fs19 Seasons poll

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Im torn. I do two series on FS and i have one with seasons and one without. I really struggle finding things to do in a day with seasons because there is a lot of downtime at the start so it makes for a slow buildup in the series. I do like the idea of it for sure but only starting with a handful of fields and working your way up it can just drag on, and sometimes I just have to skip days. Without seasons I can sit back and relax more as there is always something to do and I can just kind of wing it most of the time.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
W1der

Post by W1der »

If GIANTS drop the easy / normal / hard mode and give us something like beginner / pro ... arcade / simulator ... casual / realistic ... or whatever ...

Seasons would of course be included as a "non optional" feature for the "realistic" mode ... :this:
(Optional for the other modes.)
And we should also have some Achievements to strive for ... like play through 10 full seasons in one savegame.

For me this is the most baffling part of the game ...
I am able to turn the setting up to "hard" ... but manually crank everything down to "easy" ... :hmm:
There are to many options ... and I do not get any "reward" for playing the game on "hard" ... :confusednew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
W1der

Post by W1der »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 12:43 am Without seasons I can sit back and relax more as there is always something to do and I can just kind of wing it most of the time.
I recognize this as I usually play the game with time set to x1 ... but lately I have been going out of my comfort zone and turned it up a bit ... :blushnew:

With seasons the game "makes more sense" ... and you can always change the settings as for how many days a season should last and run it on a faster time setting for periods when there is less work to be done.

Even if I like the idea of "seasons" I tend to play more in my savegames without it ... mainly because it is easier to do MP sessions if you do not have mods installed.
If seasons came as a part of the game I would def "go all in"!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

The main mistake people make with seasons. They play on 1x speed and have the wrong size equipment for the amount of land they have. I have done the same. I still skip days on my game now but I'm now making myself to stop work at 8pm to prolong the work over more days. 5x speed through spring to autumn then 15x for winter I find the best solution
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

A way to skip to the end of the current season might fix the whole waiting around problem. It would mean that once you've done all the things that you need to do for the current season, you could just skip to the next season.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Earnest Pea wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:51 pm A way to skip to the end of the current season might fix the whole waiting around problem. It would mean that once you've done all the things that you need to do for the current season, you could just skip to the next season.
Or at least a skip option that isn’t relegated to nighttime.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I like how giants has it set up with the ability to choose how you play the game regardless of what setting you go into as the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that you can’t change is the price of the crops in each setting, I think seasons could and should be a part of the base fs19 but be togable so as to allow people to play how they want one thing though that might help keep seasons fresh is I alwasy end up growing canola and soybeans as they give the most money and I’m not using any cheats for money but to help realism a bit maybe have a fertility chart where the more you grow a crop in a field the more of certain nutrients it takes out it’s the same reason farmers switch crops in fields if they can as some crops take out certain nutrients and place others back in as with seasons I’d like something like this to be togable (if implemented to any degree) but it would help deepen the immersion seasons brings
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

I think it should be an option, but a part of the game, not just mod, so everything can be adjusted to seasons. Like for example silos: in vanilla game, the silo capacity is 250 000 L, which is ridiculously low when playing with seasons and harvesting all fields pretty much at once.
Also as playing with seasons is mostly about skipping time, there should be an option like "wake me up tomorrow at 3 PM" and the game would skip there very quickly. Like sleep / rest function in Fallouw 4. And not setting the time to 120x and watching the time pass not doing / being able to do anything. And no, there's no mod for it on consoles.
Also from I heard from players with seasons, animals are quite PITA.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

^ I agree, but as I'm on pc there is a mod to go make time go faster, I find doing animals fun something to do to fill the time plus they make a lot of money for you as well so they are worth the hassle. but pigs are not worth doing at the moment
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

To me, Seasons is an important mod. So I would like to use it one way or the other in FS19. But, the most important thing for me is that I can continue to change the model parameters in the Seasons mod, so that I can adjust the game to my preference. F. ex. I set the birth rate for pigs to zero and add them manually as a new litter of 13 in the vehicles.xml file. This approach is also the only way you can simulate synchronized calving, and a lactation cycle that follows this. So, open parameter files is the most important thing to me.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Insert my standard response: I will not buy FS19 if seasons are not part of the base game.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^oh boy, I think it should be part of the base game, but if it comes out as a mod very close to release I'll be happy
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I feel like it should be an option. Incorporating it into the base game would be a bad idea because people who don’t like it would be stuck with It. If we have to wait for the mod, that might take forever.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
FusionAudio

Post by FusionAudio »

I can't vote cause I don't understand the "Vanilla map" term..I don't want to play without seasons.I hate snow but like the rest of seasons.I sure hope we get seasons right off the bat with fs19...and options with it.take care all.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Addictedtofs wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:38 pm I feel like it should be an option. Incorporating it into the base game would be a bad idea because people who don’t like it would be stuck with It. If we have to wait for the mod, that might take forever.
An option is incorporating it into the base game, just as an option is the menu
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer