Giants and Case IH

eric21

Re: Giants and Case IH

Post by eric21 »

I think we should just accept any tractor from Case IH regardless where it's from
garyst

Post by garyst »

I agree that it would be nice if there was an option for each tractor for the American version. Never liked how the exhaust is on the t9.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya that's just the smaller t9, if you want the other stack you need the large frame t9
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
garyst

Post by garyst »

The small frame t9 American version has an upright stack too red. A t9.435 tier4b in the pic.

averydan

Post by averydan »

The problem is this. For many, functionality is not the most important aspect of our purchases for the farm. It's Brand. I get that the T-9 is basically a steiger but, I don't want a Blue Berry on the farm. LOL. It's moments like this that I wish I had a PC. The options are awesomely out of control for those things!! However, I can't justify a multi hundred dollar system purchase to literally play a single game for just a few total hours per week. Not a big gamer but, I love Farm Sim. I sometimes get to suffering from mod envy....
If it ain't red
leave it in the shed
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

^^^ *thumbsup*
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

I have to admit, while brand-loyalty/preference is appealing, I agree with the approach Giants has taken. I would much rather have diversified functionality over diversified appearances. Balancing brand diversity with functionality in-game is an under-rated challenge, in my personal opinion, given the large number of items available throughout the base game. I've found myself contemplating whether I prefer a brand or functionality-optimized approach to my own farming endeavours, though I usually end up preferencing functionality over brand.

I do agree that it would be nice to have a choice between North American and European appearances (both brand and equipment), but that could quickly escalate, given that those are not the only regions where there may be different appearances due to local nuances. Nevermind the challenge of trying to balance individual tractors/implements against one another (so as to minimize "pointless" instances)!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Also people tend to get brand greedy, they dot care about any other brand apart from what they see on the fields or what they have
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

garyst wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:53 pm The small frame t9 American version has an upright stack too red. A t9.435 tier4b in the pic.

oh dang, well the one in game is euro I guess
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer