Giants and Case IH

averydan

Giants and Case IH

Post by averydan »

You have the licensing with CNH, why do you not expand with it?!? So John Deere isn't an option. Oh well!! You haven't even scratched the surface with Case. 330 turbo tills, precision 500 air seeders, 1235 early risers, a classic pack with the older magnums 7120, 7240 or even the classic Steiger like the 8950. 2188 and 2388 combines and much more. We can't even get a current Steiger with duals? The tractor is there. Just need the option.
If it ain't red
leave it in the shed
Alagos

Re: Giants and Case IH

Post by Alagos »

Having a license doesn't mean Giants can do whatever they want. Their license is for specific tractors only.
Besides, the Challenger is pretty much the same as a Steiger. That's another thing Giants won't add to the game, they won't put two things that are pretty much the same in the game.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Same with the car games like Grand Turismo and Project cars, they got the license for most of the cars but not all of them
averydan

Post by averydan »

Alagos wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:42 pm Having a license doesn't mean Giants can do whatever they want. Their license is for specific tractors only.
Besides, the Challenger is pretty much the same as a Steiger. That's another thing Giants won't add to the game, they won't put two things that are pretty much the same in the game.
Challenger isn't even in the same ballpark. That's CAT. But, I guess it's a tractor with wheels right?...
If it ain't red
leave it in the shed
averydan

Post by averydan »

I was under the impression if you carry the license (trademark), it was the brand complete. Not just models. I get the International situation.
If it ain't red
leave it in the shed
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

The licenses is different from company to company, some only want specific equipment in the game, others just give them a free choice. The Case Steiger might have been removed as NH wanted their Steiger in the game, while Case still provides the most powerfull tractor in the base game.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

averydan wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:53 pm
Alagos wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:42 pm Having a license doesn't mean Giants can do whatever they want. Their license is for specific tractors only.
Challenger isn't even in the same ballpark. That's CAT. But, I guess it's a tractor with wheels right?...

Challenger is owned by AGCO not CAT anymore since 2002
XBOX/ FS22
RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster »

There was an article about Lisertan and them starting up the first FS and somewhere in the article he said something about not wanting similar spec machines from 'competing' brands in the game so as not to face the brands off against eachother, instead they chose liscensing options that allowed certain tractors from certain brands to occupy certain brackets of price/horsepower. I'm sure it's linked to in the first post of this thread.
EDIT:
However, they need to be careful when it comes to working with so many competitors.

"We try to not build up competition between partners," says Ammann. "We always talk to them and find out what their key areas or developments are, and we try not to have two partners with a similar machine type or size."

Geiger: "Especially because of the price issue. They may look like identical machines, but the prices could be quite different because of the details. Like how expensive it is going to be to repair and things like that. That's something we can't model in the game. So if we have exactly the same machine, but looking a bit different with different prices... that would be bad from a gameplay perspective. So we try to have different machines from different manufacturers."
^^From the article i mentioned.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Challengers are owned by AGCO yes but they contract with CAT for the motors so you both are right...as for the original question I couldn't agree more! So much great stuff they could release whether is Case that says no or Giants someone needs to fix it. And who cares of tractors are "close" to being the same...you don't want alike tractors then don't buy it. I'm hoping for BIG changes on FS19 otherwise I'll just keep playing fs17 when I feel like farming online instead of real life.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

As long as CASE IH is represented in FS19 with the current tractors in FS17 I’m a happy. bunny...

👍
the big print giveth the small print taketh
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

BreadedVirus wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:30 am As long as CASE IH is represented in FS19 with the current tractors in FS17 I’m a happy. bunny...

👍
I'm happy yes that they have what they do...just wish maybe their planters or what not was there. But yes I agree it could be worse like not having them at all.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Beggers can’t be choosers and in terms of farming games giants is far ahead of other game makers at the moment case is particularly special to me as it’s what I’ve grown up and around and using on the farm I would love to see the Steiger be in fs as it’s the tractor I’ve driven the most in real life I love that tractor
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Definitely need to keep the Case brand. Would love to see an option for duals on the 7130 and a Steiger series as well. Been a little disappointed with the Quadtrac in 17 vs 15. The Magnum is still hanging in there tho. Kind of worried we won't see the Steiger series as long as the T9 NH is in present. I like the T9 too, just wish the red and white placards were optional.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Actually there are more Case IH and New Holland tractors in the base game than any other brand.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
aklein

Post by aklein »

I would like to see american versions of the tractor models that are available here in the states. I do not get hung up on using tractors and implements with European warning markers and the like but it would be nice especially if there is an american map in the base game to give the option in the store to get European markings or american markings.