fs19: vehicles should be chained down during transport

TheDarkMonk

fs19: vehicles should be chained down during transport

Post by TheDarkMonk »

vehicles should be Strapped/chained down (just like you do with bales and pallets) so they don't move during transport. People IRL (In real life) don't load a 12 ton vehicle on a flatbed semi trailer and just go on there mary way without chaining down the vehicle first. plz put this feature in the the game.
Xbox One
Irish farmer 91

Re: fs19: vehicles should be chained down during transport

Post by Irish farmer 91 »

I agree, this wud be great to have implemented
Playing on Ps4
Virgo_Dog

Post by Virgo_Dog »

It's the EU revenge for Brexit. No straps or chains and cause mayhem.
Seriously, it would be a great addition.
Forum - MacBook Pro
FS 19 - PS 4
Maps - Mercury Farms
Bring back stubble burning and Mangol-wurzels
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you’re not the first to think of it, nor ask for it. It’d obviously be a great improvement. Unfortunately, though, implementing it isn’t quite as straightforward as one might assume. (Otherwise, it would have been there long ago.)

But, I’d say it is safe to assume that, if they figure out an effective way to implement it, in a way that doesn’t break something else and isn’t more trouble than it’s worth, it will be there.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Getting the straps to not clip through the vehicle would be a nightmare for the devs.

Throw in mod vehicles too and I'd say it is practically impossible.
Gingerjay

Post by Gingerjay »

Im sure they tried for 17, however the straps caused chaos with the vehicles collision boxes so it was abandoned. Hopefully they find a solution for 19 but ive managed fine up until now, well untill the AI traffic decides to spear you whilst manoeuvring (yeah im looking at you west coast traffic 😡)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Krd1749 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:21 amGetting the straps to not clip through the vehicle would be a nightmare for the devs.
I don't think it is that complicated considering the straps already works on pallets and bales.
All 3D objects can have collisions. If the vehicle has a top collision then it shouldn't be that hard to adjust the straps recognize the vehicle and the collision and strap it down over it's roof.
PS5 / FS22
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

RODHA wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:34 am
Krd1749 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:21 amGetting the straps to not clip through the vehicle would be a nightmare for the devs.
I don't think it is that complicated considering the straps already works on pallets and bales.
All 3D objects can have collisions. If the vehicle has a top collision then it shouldn't be that hard to adjust the straps recognize the vehicle and the collision and strap it down over it's roof.
The thing is tho a bale does not have a suspension and many moving parts a tractor just isnt one part. So if you were to just throw a strap over the top the wheels more than likely would go nuts and try to go through the floor or start glitching out in other ways. There are some trailers like the perardSTD https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017 , that have a locking script that work well with implements and such.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ you are right. didn't really consider the suspension part. still I'm pretty sure that a solution can be found. but may be it is just not worthed for the time that should be spent.
I know locking scripts btw. they are brilliant but as I'm on PS4 I can't use them.
PS5 / FS22
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Gingerjay wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:08 am Im sure they tried for 17, however the straps caused chaos with the vehicles collision boxes so it was abandoned. Hopefully they find a solution for 19 but ive managed fine up until now, well untill the AI traffic decides to spear you whilst manoeuvring (yeah im looking at you west coast traffic 😡)
Ya they tried to get it into fs17, but they couldn't. Sooooo I'm assuming they will get it into fs19
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Questionnaire

Post by Questionnaire »

What if the chains were visual and there was a locking script in the base game to keep the stuff on? Would that work?
Playing FS 15-17-19-22 on a Razer Blade.

PC Specs
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
AMD Radeon RX 590 "Fatboy"
Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8) DDR4-3200
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Samsung 870 QVO Plus 1TB
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB M.2

In-game username:Questionnaire
Discord: russian_man_99
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

There already is a locking script in the base game (remeber the harvester headers not falling of the trailer), however it works not to well on larger and heavier equipment and even worse if you drive fast. The PC only mod more realistic limits the issue with moving equipment on the trailer, but even that couldn fix it.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
W1der

Post by W1der »

Strapping down a vehicle to a trailer the same way you strap bales would look "stupid".

If people cant learn how to drive ... :coolnew:
I know some seems to have problems with vehicles falling of even when driving carefully (I do not however).
It sounds as if GIANTS needs to come up with an additional solution for this ("chains" sounds like a solution) ... :smileynew:

To be honest ... "straps" is causing more problems in my game than being useful (especially in MP).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Questionnaire

Post by Questionnaire »

What if they connected it using the hitch and or bumpers like irl
Playing FS 15-17-19-22 on a Razer Blade.

PC Specs
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
AMD Radeon RX 590 "Fatboy"
Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8) DDR4-3200
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Samsung 870 QVO Plus 1TB
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB M.2

In-game username:Questionnaire
Discord: russian_man_99
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

if giants can implement some sort of ground friction feature that might also be a solution for FS19.
flatbeds can be adjusted to the highest possible friction level which could glue the vehicles to the trailer.
just a wild idea though.
PS5 / FS22