MOD CREATORS/AUTHORS: Materials Addition Mod Solutions

BigWoo1

MOD CREATORS/AUTHORS: Materials Addition Mod Solutions

Post by BigWoo1 »

Hey, all,

SUBJ: Adding construction materials to existing maps.

The desire to have the ability to place materials, or 'build' upon an existing map via a mod, has been addressed, or more accurately, ATTEMPTED several times. I would like to dedicate a discussion to solving this problem. I am not a mod creator/author, but I am a conceptual engineer and have several possible directions in which to look to solve the construction materials addition problems. I'm sure, however, that someone has had these same ideas somewhere before. They always do!

1) Turn snow or silage into workable, buyable CM (Construction Mat'ls)
2) Since "More Materials" is a working mod, create a larger 'package' in which to sell large quantities of CM
3) PUT IT IN THE SHOP: Utilize the LEASE feature in the existing shop package and create 'MAT'L-FILLED' tippers and charge for the CM by the pound; different sized tippers for different quantities of CM. The tippers would be leased by the hour, which, in turn, would end up being more expensive than the equivalent empty tipper day-lease. A new 'CM' group for the shop menu would need to be created for the feature of adding new CM's. By this means, construction materials could be added to nearly EVERY map.

EXPOUNDING or expanding on the individual ideas, as well as the topic itself is highly recommended and encouraged. WE NEED A REAL SOLUTION!!!

THANK YOU, ALL!!!
redglasses

Re: MOD CREATORS/AUTHORS: Materials Addition Mod Solutions

Post by redglasses »

I want that mod so bad, the way you are explaining it could make it alot better, maybe not in the base game sadly, but as a mod for fs19 this would be so good
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
BigWoo1

Post by BigWoo1 »

I hate purchasing an object, only to find that it has an extremely thick base that I can't get over or it ends up being not such a good fit for the area, and half of it is over your head because the land isn't flat enough.

If I could build a dirt ramp, that would help. And the ramp mods are just a shot in the dark. I've gotten lucky, maybe one in four times. Most of the time, they're too high or low, or there's not enough room for them to even try. Really, being able to construct a perfectly planned building site on your favorite maps would be IDEAL!!!

The simple truth is that many, if not most of the maps have very little available FLAT space where you want or need it. If we could build a PAD for buildings/improvements, JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE, then we could make the map so much more functional AND ENJOYABLE! I just finished building a real road to a pad on my real ranch. Love everything about that kind of work. And I love FS.

Functionality is KEY to success. A mod or base adjustment towards this function is definitely needed!
BigWoo1

Post by BigWoo1 »

Another possible MOD SOLUTION...

Create a QUARRY that you could purchase as a placeable object. However, it would probably suffer from the 'EMPTY SILO' syndrome that plague our current attempts at mat'l mods...
anonymouz

Post by anonymouz »

I would love it, too!

Actually i.m using Sunflowers as Tar for my selfmade Fieldpaths, but we really need real Materials:

GoodBye :[ Xbox One - ruleX Radikal ]: - :hi: - Welcome back :[ PC Master Race ]:
BigWoo1

Post by BigWoo1 »

Hmm... I DO like the seed path, though! I've tried Barley, since it's bulky and not worth much, but I wasn't too happy with it.
Sergeant Larson

Post by Sergeant Larson »

I would LOOOVE to lay my own roads somehow. Been dreaming about it since fs '13.😁 Would the pack also include a dozer or grading tool that ACCURATELY spreads/levels the material? That would be the thing for me; how am I going to lay a road that looks and drives nice? I've never paid much attention, but do different surfaces have different characteristics? Would our "new" fill get special characteristics?

I like the sunflower road, how hard was that? How much material does that take? A little? A lot? I plow or tree-line to get roads but I like the look of that, might give it a try. *thumbsup*
"What good is a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?"
-Henry David Thoreau

XBONE
ILL6 Cooperative
Sosnovka Hard No Seasons 270 hrs
Bastogne, Montana
Lone Oak Farm Normal No Seasons
anonymouz

Post by anonymouz »

Sergeant Larson wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:32 am I like the sunflower road, how hard was that? How much material does that take? A little? A lot? I plow or tree-line to get roads but I like the look of that, might give it a try. *thumbsup*
I also always plow at first, because if i dont do that, i would getting grass through the road/tar.
Then i decide what kind of road i want to create, a rough one - then i dont use the cultivator OR a flat one - then i use the cultivator.(because of Ground Response Mod)

The Road itself was easy, because i already find out how to get the best result.
But well, this process took alot time before.

I play on TVTOF, and the Fieldpath goes from "Farm" to "Farm2", its half of the Map.
I used ca. 500-700k SF Seeds.

I tested nearly every tipper and i got the best results with the TGS Agrotruck Three-Way Tipper.
I use the Cruise Control on 22km/h and take enough start-up until the cab arrives the place, where i want to create or continue the road,
then i hit 'unload here' immediatly.
I do this three times on this section, left & right side and in the middle.

If you dont have the right timing, you'll get Gaps.
But thats no Problem if you fill them carefully slow with a Wheelloader.

Then i take the Grader Blade and the Bobcat, because the JCBs often getting stuck.
I setup the GB Wheels with the Bobcat, slightly over the Ground(float), because once you're on the seed, they otherwise act strange.
Then i only change the Blade Height, until i get the flattest result but not alot of gaps.
This is Finetuning somehow.
I also use Cruise Control here with 5km/h and always have the cam in front of the blade and very low,
to see every failure.

Important:
Always drive upwards on hilly Sections, never downwards, because the Blade will create alot of gaps.

When i.m done, i.m using the modded Siloking Compact 1612, to re-modeling the edges.

comparison to the standard road:

I would like to show some more Pictures, but actually i.m communication banned on xbl, so i cant distribute them.

Good Luck! :)
GoodBye :[ Xbox One - ruleX Radikal ]: - :hi: - Welcome back :[ PC Master Race ]:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Thats really cool, maybe I'll have to build one my self. How much grain did you use for this one?
My Discord
Wivout

Post by Wivout »

anonymouz wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:12 am
Sergeant Larson wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:32 am
I used ca. 500-700k SF seeds
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Oh lol I didnt even see that. Thats quite a bit, I wonder if silage could work, might be a bit harder to level with the skid steer blade though :hmm:
My Discord
anonymouz

Post by anonymouz »

redglasses wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:21 pm Oh lol I didnt even see that. Thats quite a bit, I wonder if silage could work, might be a bit harder to level with the skid steer blade though :hmm:
I dont know, never tested Silage! :confusednew:
I only tested rape & woodchips, beside Sunflowers. :wink3:

About the Sunflower Grains or Seeds(dont know the right Word):
I had to seed Sunflowers on ¾ of the Map(TVTOF) for 2 Yrs.
It could be even alot more than 500-700k.
I will test this soon once and use the Maus to load the whole Road into a Silo to count it.
Beside that, i think i'm safe to say, it was funky expensive! :lol: :wink3:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

lol, I bet that is expensive, maybe I'll try woodchips
My Discord
SilverRedman63

Post by SilverRedman63 »

I have used Manure for road texture - easy to lay down with a spreader.
PC/Xbox1
anonymouz

Post by anonymouz »

SilverRedman63 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:13 pm I have used Manure for road texture - easy to lay down with a spreader.
Would you please share a Screenshot/Picture?