Branding and equipment question

Gimli54

Branding and equipment question

Post by Gimli54 »

This is a question to lis about brands particularly tractor manufacturers who also have equipment such as case has disc cultivators and air drills and I just wanted to ask is the reason we don’t see things like that because y’all don’t want them to interfere with the brands in game that are only equipment, just curious I’m not trying to scream that we need them in game or something like that I’m just wondering why we don’t have them and if we could in future games
fcdrifter13

Re: Branding and equipment question

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Basically it comes down to balance, game file size, and what all copyrights/trademarks they have.

On balance if you have 4 machines that all do the same thing, require the same power, and are the same width it would be confusing to new players and non farmers as to what these things are for even though they have the same function. Now lets say you have a DB60 JD seeder for 60k, and the horsch pronto for 90k, they both do the same but because the JD is cheaper it means you can access this machine earlier than the horsch and would also mean that there is no point in buying anything else than the JD.

Game file size is a big one. Again with multiple machines doing the same job but all requiring different models, textures, sounds and XML files you are bloating the game in a way that is not needed. Alot of big name equipment is built by smaller manufactures and then branded as JD, CLAAS, CASE and so on. So say agromaz builds CNH brands implements and then having both in game would be pointless as they would just be a skin change. That would take up room for other things as well, and even tho it is small small things add up quickly.

Branding does not mean you get the rights to everything under the sun. Lets say we get JD, but they only release the rights to the cotton harvester, that does not mean that giants gets access to the 8 series of tractor or there combines. They would only be given the rights to the cotton harvester andso that is all they can use. Some companies are more lax than others and may let giants use there entire catalog, new and old equipment, implements and tractors the whole thing.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

The coding part of it is new to me at least what you were just talking about as for having the same stuff the same size I kinda get that bit if it still hoping lis can help me here though
Ps. Thanks for the post drifter
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

He said at one point that they dont want brands to interfere, meaning really only one machine per "slot." Only one quad track, ect.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Frozen Catalyst

Post by Frozen Catalyst »

Yet for all intents and purposes the:

Big Steyr, NH T7 and the Case Optum(?) are the same with different skins.

Also with the T8 and that bigger Case tractor.

So it seems sometimes it's ok sometimes not.
Xbox One |FS22| Holmåkra
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

In a case like the New Holland T8 and the Case IH Magnum, CNH owns both New Holland and Case IH, so its not really competition.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
garyst

Post by garyst »

^^but there is a Massey Ferguson 8700 series as well which is the same size tractor and hp range as the t8 and magnum.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

True. I was just pointing out that the T8 vs Magnum isn't a good example.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

In the Fs17 Making Of video, certain brands want certain vehicles and/or equipment in there game, its a thing where, lets say someone made a company and they really like Farming Simulator, in order for Giants to get a contract through the company, Giants has to follow the contract, but if your talking about mods, well sometimes that dont come to mind, it stinks yes, but in the end its all up to the mod maker as to what they want to make.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Its really to bad companies do this but they do, they make people pay for their own advertisement, then restrict what they can do
My Discord
averydan

Post by averydan »

This is what I and I'm sure many others do. If there is an imparticular implement I want to use, I'll go buy the oversized Case IH to pull it if needed. Why? Because it's just a game. The logic behind why there's not more options is rediculous to me. I'm going to go out on a limb and say our local farmers aren't buying this game to see what tractor they will purchase for their real farm. However, if you can lock a youngster in on brand, that could translate onto future real purchases. I personally think that brands are foolish in this format to not say build what ever you want of ours.
If it ain't red
leave it in the shed
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Exactly right
My Discord
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Well exactly, i mean the tractors and equipment ain't exactly to speed, some go faster some go slower, im not expecting a quadtrack to go 40mph down the road, case has to put that power to good use. I get the gist of what FS is doing and im sold.