*NEW* Mods Released on Consoles

lefe1

Re: *NEW* Mods Released on Consoles

Post by lefe1 »

power doesn't have nothing to do with downloading something to your storage.. like I said it takes 78gb for COD WWII don't need more power for that all your doing is downloading it to storage.. just like FS17 only uses 11 gb doesn't have anything to do with power....
Guil

Post by Guil »

Lots of mods will likely require more power to run. You see other threads where the log is posted and they are having issues with the game. A lot of down it's down to excessive mods.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I give up i'm not taking about the slots for the game. I quit
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Okay lefe, I see what you're talking about. Not necessarily having more mods in a savegame, but having more than 4GB downloaded. If you weren't using them all, it wouldn't slow down the system in the game, but load times would be a decent bit longer because the game verifies every mod that you have downloaded before starting, and a lot of times it'll do it again when you load a save game. Once in-game, however, you wouldn't notice as much of a slow down unless you go to the shop menu, just because it's having to load the store items. So while you have room for more than 4GB, Microsoft or Sony may not want to allow more because of some reasons we don't know about
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

^^^Thank you smith that's what I was trying to say^^^.. Sony restricts how much storage a game can use,, but my point is people say you need more power ok FS17 takes up 11GB total for game and downloaded mods,, if they up the 4GB to say 10GB for mods that would add 6GB more, So then FS17 would use 17GB game storage that's still 56GB less Than the 73GB that Call of Duty uses... so if we need more power to load the 16GB for FS17 how are we loading a 73GB Call of Duty game . and Sony restricts on how much each game uses then sony should allow giants to use up to 73GB since that's what Call of Duty uses.. I know some games use more and some less just using COD for comparison. but I really hope Sony ups the 4GB for FS19 because if they don't we will be lucky to have 1 mod map and a couple of tractors downloaded and that will be it....
eric21

Post by eric21 »

They wont change, unless your super rich an powerful. Microsoft is even stricter than sony in regarding mod space. Unless something drastic changes we wont see change
Guil

Post by Guil »

10gb is 2.5 times more than the current limit, that will take much longer to load as Smith says and how do you know that it won't crash the console if they allowed that much? It's not so much about the storage space but more user generated stuff. The more that's there the more it will stress the console if everything isn't working 100% together which it won't.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

why don't these stress the console?...Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - 101GB.......Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - 95GB......The Elder Scrolls Online - 86GB......Battlefield 4 Premium Edition - 71GB.......Doom - 73GB....Uncharted 4 - 63GB..... poor little FS17 at 11GB can't handle the stress just 6GB more. I just don't get it????
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

lefe1 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:35 am why don't these stress the console?...Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - 101GB.......Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - 95GB......The Elder Scrolls Online - 86GB......Battlefield 4 Premium Edition - 71GB.......Doom - 73GB....Uncharted 4 - 63GB..... poor little FS17 at 11GB can't handle the stress just 6GB more. I just don't get it????
One reason why i went PC for the FS series. Plus the game is SO much better on the PC too.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Guil

Post by Guil »

lefe1 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:35 am why don't these stress the console?...Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - 101GB.......Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - 95GB......The Elder Scrolls Online - 86GB......Battlefield 4 Premium Edition - 71GB.......Doom - 73GB....Uncharted 4 - 63GB..... poor little FS17 at 11GB can't handle the stress just 6GB more. I just don't get it????
Optimization and those games aren't rendering everything all at once.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

SCNR.... Do you mean, FS17 has no optimization and do rendering everything all at once? How many maps do FS7 rendering all at once at the same time, when I start a game? One map! How many mods have to be rendering all at once? Only the mods, I use in a game! Or better, only the mods, I see on the screen! There is no reason for space limit of downloads. There is only a reason for slots and that is OK. Space for downloads I have 4TB....
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Lol people, we don't actually know the reason for the 4gb mod limit. Not worth talking about it...

And yes, more activated/downloaded mods do need more computing power from consoles and PCs..
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Most of them do, thats whybthe pro came out
Guil

Post by Guil »

Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

Ok guil
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer: