Downloading mods from internet

hzbinden

Downloading mods from internet

Post by hzbinden »

My son loves Farming Simulator 2017 but he also love cars/trucks/trains. So we wants download some mods from internet sites of cars and trucks. He plays the game an Xbox One and we have the disk version (i.e. we didn’t download it from the Xbox store). We have figured out how to download the mod he wants from a website (using Internet Browser) but when we go to open the mod, the Internet Browser app wants us to open it using an app from the Xbox App Store. It is the only option. We can’t figure out how to open the mod in our version of the game. Is it because we have the disk version and not the downloaded version?

Thanks for your help.

A Mom Way Over Her Head
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Downloading mods from internet

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi hzbinden!

First of all, welcome to the forum!

I'm glad to hear that your son is having so much fun with playing our game :) As Drmattymd said before, Mods on Xbox (or consoles in general) can only be downloaded and use from our inGame ModHub. There is no way to import mods you have downloaded from a website on Xbox One. Do not trust any of these sites if they state otherwise - you may end up downloading something worse than "just a mod".

On the other hand - we do frequently update our ModHub with new mods created by our amazing community every other day, so keep an eye out for new mods in the NEW category ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
JackInTheXbox79

Post by JackInTheXbox79 »

Dear giants,

I have been thinking and I would really like to see OakField farm come to the in game mod hub for console. It is my favourite map but I can’t play it because I can’t get it off a website. I know a lot of other people have been wanting this as well. If this is not added I don’t mind as I love the base game, but I do feel like this would help to expand the amount of maps available to console players
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

JackInTheXbox79 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:13 pm Dear giants,

I have been thinking and I would really like to see OakField farm come to the in game mod hub for console. It is my favourite map but I can’t play it because I can’t get it off a website. I know a lot of other people have been wanting this as well. If this is not added I don’t mind as I love the base game, but I do feel like this would help to expand the amount of maps available to console players
I was suspicious of the same thing as Matty suggested above, so I checked - and yes, Oakfield farm is available for console on the official Giants FS17 modhub.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Fs19?
Dshambaugh1

Post by Dshambaugh1 »

Dear giants
I am wondering if you are going to be bringing the John Deere 9 series 4-wheel drive and the John Deere 9rx to Xbox/ps4 platforms. I would really love to see those two machines brought in
Jwbugsandcars

Post by Jwbugsandcars »

It would be nice if y’all made it to we’re we can switch to make it where we could download mods from both mod hub and mod-network.com in game on ps4 and people might play more and it would be really nice to have the mods they have on pc to be able to get them on ps4
Truckdriver46

Mods

Post by Truckdriver46 »

:hi: dear giants
I would love to see new snow mods be brought in for more real life experience. And not just with seasons. Make it for people who would love to plow roads with big semi trucks with plows and wing plows and be able to drive in the snow and have it compact as if it were real life. Also would love to see freight liners or peterbilts in the mix of some trucks. Thank you have a great day
haas41

I would love to see mods for the game

Post by haas41 »

Hello im a player of the farming simulator i have been playing for along time and i would love to see allis chalmers tractors in it and dodge trucks or something like it it would make it more real thank you for reading in to it
Jmcgee51

Post by Jmcgee51 »

I would like to see a couple peterbilt semi options come the game as well as some Caterpillar equipment like dozer excavator ect
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Brand name equipment requires a licensing agreement from the respective owners.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Jacewyatt12

Post by Jacewyatt12 »

It would be nice to get some of the older deere tractors an case tractors for xbox one
Hajasek1

Post by Hajasek1 »

Zdravím je možné nějak stáhnou módy na konzoli ps4 které mají možnost stahovat hráči PC kteří mají větší výběr? Bohužel tím to mě odrazuje hraní na PS4 děkuji za odpověď
nkelly

Post by nkelly »

Hello, my name it Noah and I love the game but I was just wondering if you could add a mod that is a boat mod because I find myself wanting to go there sometimes I would love that :biggrin2: I would also love to have a better gooseneck livestock trailer. I am wanting this because I play on Xbox and do not have these options like PC
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Get a PC is the only answer.
FS17 is no longer current, mods no longer are released on the Modhub for it.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.