Views from a real farmer, changes to be seen in 19?

W1der

Re: Views from a real farmer, changes to be seen in 19?

Post by W1der »

There are so many aspects to this game ... and spending time in MP you learn about how different everyone likes to play the game.

I plant trees to create a greater "driving challenge" and others cut down most of them to be able to take short cuts over the map to do things as "fast as possible".

For me "realism" would be a "soft body" on the vehicles that actually takes damage from "full contact" ... and more realistic "physics".
But I play using a steering wheel and joysticks. Most of those using mouse and keyboard probably would not care less about the "driving experience" ... :smileynew:
Most seem happy with only having NO or FULL throttle ... no soft gas no soft steering (only available as mods). I would not stand playing this game more than 5 minutes like that ... :neutralnew:

Bla bla bla ...

I am excited to see what GIANTS is bringing in to FS19.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

That's why i play with friends that i trust and family, i dont go to random players game and start doing whatever, if i get to know you and i can trust that you wont put everything in the water, we can play, but it would be cool to have some sort of soft body, or as someone mentioned breakdowns, you can either get a semi truck with a flatbed trailer and haul it to the shop, if the situation isnt to bad wait a few hours, if the situation is really bad a day or two, or you might just be able to fix it your self, but umm yeah, i wanna see Giants cards on the table, I've heard a few cool features that are true that will be in fs19. Especially for MP to, i know that PC you have way more options and all, but it would be cool to have stuff to do in MP.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Got also remember that just because you play 1hr of the game in real time it is actually day/months worth in the game time. So paying 2.4k for a worker for the hr it took in real time but really just paid out for a days/months worth.
PS4
PS5
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:10 am Got also remember that just because you play 1hr of the game in real time it is actually day/months worth in the game time. So paying 2.4k for a worker for the hr it took in real time but really just paid out for a days/months worth.
Depends what time setting you have, and if you play with seasons or not.

Changing the game to real life with what farmers actually experience, with regards to crop & price totals, would probably kill the game.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I’ve grown up around a farm and occasionally working on it but never got into the real numbers of it so I won’t go into the number aside from I play the game to relax and I can do that in fs as it is playing on normal, Giants challenge is trying to make the game fun for causal just goofing around players and the try hard I wanna get my elbows dirty working kinda players anything giants adds will most likely be an improvement as they’re always trying to make the game better and when they add stuff they make it to where you can use that feature or not so as to fit how you wanna play
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

The MR gameplay gives you the availability to set seed usage and yields. Editing the xml tables are all that is required to modify them.

I've lowered the yields before to more of the regional values around me and found that it became much more realistic... and quite boring. As other have said they need to balance for progression.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

There needs to be a line drawn at playability and realism
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
wildcoyote

Post by wildcoyote »

I have MRgameplay, but it won't function in MP for some reason. I used seasons to modify land cost to realistic prices and it all works very well together. You end up doing more leasing than buying upfront, but that's how I started IRL so I know the pain. It wouldn't change anything besides taking longer to actually buy the big equipment. I have modified the game to be as close to real life as I can and I have to say it has better playability and maybe even less challenge. Now we just need a soilmod. I personally think the MR engine is great, but because the maps have unreal slopes it ruins the gameplay (again, balancing the gameplay is obviously hard), although I do love what the engine brings to the game and think it should be implemented.

As for workers wages cmdrtakedown, they should be real wages. The time it takes them to work the field is just as long as what it would take in real life. You must remember a tractor moving across the field with a 10ft (~3m) implement at 10MPH will do 8800 sq ft per minute or roughly an acre every 5 minutes or 2.47 acres (~1Ha) every 12 minutes. This is very close to what happens in game and therefore the hired help should be paid approximately real life wages. Yes, one day in game is more than one day IRL, but that is merely a factor of time and not distance. Ever since FS09 I have wanted to make my own "simulator", because currently the market doesn't offer any that are of high quality.

I only mention all this because in reality, we buy the game for 30 dollars and a new one every two years, I want a simulator and not an arcade game. Many arcade style farm games do exist on the market at much better price points, but I want a simulator. If the 12y/o can't make fast progress, change difficulty or cheat.
Real-Life Farm Owner in Southern Michigan
Ag Supply Business Owner and Diesel Performance Shop Owner
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

I would like it to be more sim than arcade as well. And the best way would run everything on real time. They give us 2 maps perfect cause 1 year on each map. Atm I'm doing a 1k hrs play on each game save. Slowly getting the 10 maps together.
PS4
PS5