Release day
13%
Wait until it's on sale
22%

Total votes: 68

Maze313

Re: Re:FS19 poll

Post by Maze313 »

BigNRichlll wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 pm Kids now days complaining about bugs in there video games..lol When I turned 14 yrs old my dad bought a brand new Hesston 4790 w/cutter & said, I want you to figure out how to pay for this thing. Bugs? Anyone remember BEFORE Fieldstar? You don't even know what bugs are.. If FS were actually a simulation you would quit the first time you had to reach the grease zerc on the plunger carriage. This game is awesome at what it is, just drive some cool equipment, harvest some crops,& feed some animals. And at the end of the day, it's a business to make money, no different than Apple releasing an iPhone that's not ready. If your not about the money, you may as well file Chapter 13. Now get off my lawn.
:hi: hats off to you. You should change your name to showstopper Very well said agree 100% that last line got me rolling :lol:
Playing on PS5 and PC
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

BigNRichlll wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 pm Kids now days complaining about bugs in there video games..lol no different than Apple releasing an iPhone that's not ready. Now get off my lawn.
:lol:

You may be quite a bit younger than me but, I do remember a time when game companies sold finished products on release day. There was no way to patch a game once it had been sold (yes, I remember a time before the internet), so they had to have it as close to perfect as possible. With pre-orders, they can release a buggy product and you've already paid full price for it. Granted, I worked around a lot of the early bugs in FS17 and was still happy with it. I just think we should hold companies to a higher standard is all (Apple included). I may be in the minority here but, video games are a form of entertainment to me, not a way of life. I actually have a job, wife, home, vehicles, land, and other stuff that needs my attention/fixing. I don't like being an unpaid QA tester for software companies.

All that being said, I have been extremely happy with all of the FS games since 2011. FS17 has been by far my favorite version (even going from PC to console) and all the DLCs have been great in my opinion. As long as FS19 has some meaningful additions, I have no doubt I'll buy it (just not on pre-order). I haven't seen any game-changing things yet (other than cotton); I'm sure they're saving that for later though.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Jlf85

Post by Jlf85 »

The reveal of features will affect my purchasing decision.. If 19 is merely better graphics, John Deere and two new crops, it's not going to be enough to get me to buy.. New features and a way of "farming like never before" might make be place a preorder..
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Still being like 4 months away im sure there is a TON of brands, equipment, and features that Giants will release over time to help those of you who are undecided. I for one will preorder it (much to the dismay to my friend who wants me to get FO76 but i cant afford both ) as i have faith the game will be worth it as i have put thousands of hours into 17.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 pm
BigNRichlll wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 pm Kids now days complaining about bugs in there video games..lol no different than Apple releasing an iPhone that's not ready. Now get off my lawn.

You may be quite a bit younger than me but, I do remember a time when game companies sold finished products on release day.
And you didnt have to buy the rest of the game in DLC. You got a finished complete game. And those cartridges could take a beating!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
FusionAudio

Post by FusionAudio »

I will pre order when I can...I like a hard disc..so it mostly gamestop for me.I live in a small town..so its gamestoo of a wmart...and no way for wmart...take care
Garion

Post by Garion »

TacoFarmer wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 pm
fenixguy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 pm

You may be quite a bit younger than me but, I do remember a time when game companies sold finished products on release day.
And you didnt have to buy the rest of the game in DLC. You got a finished complete game. And those cartridges could take a beating!!
Farming on PC *thumbsup* and PS4 :biggrin2:
gotoone68

Post by gotoone68 »

I am preordering. Just like FS13, 15, and 17. I don't care about a specific brand. This way I can learn about all the brands I didn't know before. :hi:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BigNRichlll wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:48 pm Maybe this has a lot more to do with financial situations than I initially thought. I get the feeling that price point is a big thing for a lot of you, for me tho, preorder of FS17 complete edition for $70-80 was the best value per hrs played of any video game I've ever purchased. They could add cotton to FS17 & resale it to me again & the hrs I'll put in would still be worth it. The difference is I can afford it. So I think it has less to do with bugs & this/that & more to do with price point/customer base. Just an observation.
I'm with you *thumbsup* :hi:
All the complaining and criticism about the buggy unfinished game eventually gets solved and we play this game thousands of hours for 2 years.
Paying the price without questioning or waiting for a discount solely depends on how much you value this game and how much of your life it takes. If it is important enough for you, you just pay it. If not you wait for a discount like we all usually do with a lot of products.
It is not about being stupid, clever, poor or rich. It is just about how important this game is in your life. Like with almost every other product or service we purchase.
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:21 am All the complaining and criticism about the buggy unfinished game eventually gets solved and we play this game thousands of hours for 2 years.
Sure they'll be fixed and in the end I'll love the game. But tell me this: why should I pay now full price (approx. €82 with season pass) for a game, that gets released in 4 months and will be playable for me in another 3 months = january 2019, when I can pay for in january, get it discounted without season pass for €35 - €40 and later buy 1 DLC* for €10?

*judging by FS17 DLCs. If I didn't have the season pass, I'd only buy Big Bud DLC.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

masterplan wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:50 amBut tell me this: why should I pay now full price (approx. €82 with season pass) for a game, that gets released in 4 months and will be playable for me in another 3 months = january 2019...
As I said, it all depends on how important this game is in your life. And you know me, FS is a very big part of my life. So, I want to experience it as soon as it is released. Not even a single minute later. Even if it is buggy I just want to play and get to now it. I want to live through every step of it. Thats all about how much I love the game.
If I see this game only as a product of entertainment, you are right. What you say is the most logical way. Because these days developers rely on open testing way too much. Release the game as it is and use the players as testers. That is wrong but it is what it is. I don't pre-order any other game just for that reason.
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:07 am As I said, it all depends on how important this game is in your life. And you know me, FS is a very big part of my life. So, I want to experience it as soon as it is released. Not even a single minute later. Even if it is buggy I just want to play and get to now it. I want to live through every step of it. Thats all about how much I love the game.
If I see this game only as a product of entertainment, you are right. What you say is the most logical way. Because these days developers rely on open testing way too much. Release the game as it is and use the players as testers. That is wrong but it is what it is. I don't pre-order any other game just for that reason.
Well in your case it does make sense. Actually I think Giants should mention you in FS19 credits as the most dedicated fan. :-D

I'll wait. As crazy as it sounds, I'm still not bored with FS17. And if FS19 will be even better - come to daddy!
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

masterplan wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:16 amActually I think Giants should mention you in FS19 credits as the most dedicated fan. :-D
:biggrin2: I'm pretty sure there a lot of fans out there just like me.

Besides, admit it, you know you will get all the information you need from me and then decide what to do :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Im a fan since 2014.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:21 am
masterplan wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:16 amActually I think Giants should mention you in FS19 credits as the most dedicated fan. :-D
:biggrin2: I'm pretty sure there a lot of fans out there just like me.

Besides, admit it, you know you will get all the information you need from me and then decide what to do :mrgreen:
Of course I'm counting on you, though your opinion isn't exactly unbiased. ;-)