Fs 19 cattle ideas

Deek

Fs 19 cattle ideas

Post by Deek »

Anyone else like to be able to control cattle more, for example move to different fields or pastures or put in barn/shed in winter time plus see animal damage to grass fields such as hoof marks ect ?
Last edited by Deek on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrSquealypig

Re: Fs 19 ideas

Post by MrSquealypig »

That would be a very nice addition, but it would take a lot of work to do it probably.

I mean we don't even have the option to feed chickens yet.
Deek

Re: Fs 19 ideas

Post by Deek »

Yeah ano but in future I think it's something GIANTS should consider to have the option to be a dairy farmer or a crop farmer or both I live I Scotland and dairy farms are a big thing here plus would like to be able to purchase different types of breed of sheep and cattle.
eric21

Re: Fs 19 cattle ideas

Post by eric21 »

Well horses are in the game so I guess they can be moved?
Deek

Post by Deek »

What use are horses lol hope we can but horses boxes then, would like to have more than one area for cows also
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Herding cattle
Deek

Post by Deek »

Yeah heading cattle would be good having to bring the in for milking rather that automatic be more challanging and be more of a dairy farm than crop
wombles

Post by wombles »

If grazing still in FS19, I'd be more than happy with the grass requirement done away with for cows and sheep, or an option with hay.

I know it's an option with sheep in FS17.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Where are the beef cattle? I've always wondered that.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
wombles

Post by wombles »

Yep beef cattle would be an excellent addition, always wondered why they weren't included.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

I'm not really concerned about herding cattle or changing pastures. Most dairy cattle here in the US are in large barns but I realize that isn't always the case.

I would like to see some changes to the feeding system as well as changes to "housing" requirements. If a player has 1000 head of cattle, they should be required to upgrade the barn and area it sits on. Also, panimals housed near permanent structers should be able to access automatic waterers. Maybe require a well purchase?

Beef cattle would easily be the next choice for animals. I would have chosen them over horses, but it's not that big of a deal. In that case, pasturing would be a bigger requirement.

To the extreme end of the spectrum, individual animal production and traits and breeding pairs to increase value. But this is highly unlikely to be incorporated. But it would certainly take any monotony out of the game. Almost would be a whole other game in itself.

I understand that Giants wants to keep the game streamlined for young and general gamers. However, this could be very much a teaching tool for the general public. Agriculture, in nearly all it's forms, is getting a bad rap. People have forgotten where food comes from and have no idea of what is required to provide it. Yes, there needs to be easy levels but the hardest level in the game is still a breeze. In reality, farmers are literally walking on the edge of a knife and the smallest change in the market or weather can make or break their livelihood...not just their year. This why there should be another level beyond "hard" called "expert".