Trains in 19?

manosaurus

Trains in 19?

Post by manosaurus »

Once a long time ago I watched a video of a mod for FS17 that made the trains into a switchable item. Meaning you could switch cars around and change tracks just like a real train. Now for the life of me i cannot find any info on this mod. However I do hope that if the trains remain in FS19 that they become more like that mod.
NateS

Re: Trains in 19?

Post by NateS »

Honestly I forgot all about trains since the couple maps that ended up being my favorites don't have them. However, in the beginning when all we had was GCV, I did enjoy messing with them. I would not be against improvement down this path, but IRL does a farmer ever deal with trains other than making sure his grain gets to the co op before the train leaves?
PC & PS4
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

The only thing i hate about trains is when your in a deep sleep, they blow that damn horn and wake you up. Im quite literally a stone throw away from them. Two houses down and theres the train tracks.
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

I play broad acres. It’s a 16x map. I use the trains (modded to my preferred capacities of course) to haul all my crops around
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

What hardware are you running that on? Just got a new PC after playing on XB1 for most of 17. It might be nice to try a larger map. I was thinking 4x, but I'm curious if my hardware would handle a 16x.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Not 100% sure lol. I had it built specifically for simulation gaming. I do know it has the GTX1080. But I’m a pc noob. So asking for the specs is unrealistic. I do know it’s beefy enough to run BA on max settings with about 50 mods and a constant 60fps
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Very nice. I'll just have to give it a go and see how it turns out.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Guil

Post by Guil »

manosaurus wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:33 pm Not 100% sure lol. I had it built specifically for simulation gaming. I do know it has the GTX1080. But I’m a pc noob. So asking for the specs is unrealistic. I do know it’s beefy enough to run BA on max settings with about 50 mods and a constant 60fps
You could download something like speccy and that will list all the major components in your pc.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I honestly thought that trains were over hyped for fs 17 simply because they had so little import in the game I hope the keep them but try to improve them moving forward cause at the moment on console they’re very limited
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I wish the trains could deliver to more than one salepoint. I hardly ever used them.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Yeah what I personally think (opinion mind you nothing more) would help trains is make if to where they can go to two or three sell point where at least one can be dumped at by either the train or tipper and then one just for trains that I think would help trains at least a little bit and not make it to where you have to use the train for just one sell point
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

I wish they put EMD or ge locomotives an real railcars that would be great
FusionAudio

Post by FusionAudio »

I honestly don't use trains.the tracks are good cause tracks are on roads.but...I like trucking the product by truck.if the trains would once a hour or couple hours would just run on there own without me running it..that would be great...for me.I have my hands full just dealing with farming..take care all.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I do not mind having trains in the game ... but on most maps they are just pointless really!

If you add trains to a map ... Please put some effort in making them useful and with a purpose ... :this:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Joeb33

Post by Joeb33 »

For me it would be nice if you could load them and send them off, but also it would be nice if there is more then one train to be able to switch lines and add or subtract cars. That way you could haul more too in one shot for the best price
Xbox user