Seeking advice!

sr73bv

Seeking advice!

Post by sr73bv »

Good morning from rainy South Texas,
I am finally upgrading to FS 17. I have watched many of the youtube players and upgrade looks quite fun. Should I uninstall FS 15 before installing 17? I here players commenting about conflicts, and not being very computer gaming, modding savvy, I want this to go smoothly changing from one to the other.

The only mod i have ever managed to download and install is course play, and i am sure that version is way out of date.

Is Winzip a required app?

Also, I have a Logitech Momo wheel and foot pedals i would like to incorporate to my system left over from my Nascar racing days. Thoughts, ideas, do's or don'ts.

63 YO, retired, physical issues that keep me setting at my computer watching youtube and farming on 15.

Thank you in advance for any and all advice that may come my way.......

Butch
Goose66

Re: Seeking advice!

Post by Goose66 »

You’ll need some sort of zip program for a few mods from the net. The mods on the official modhub don’t need one. Any mods you have for 15 won’t work with 17.
You might be better off waiting until 19 comes out in the autumn.
It will be a big upgrade to 17 with new crops, gameplay and of course John Deere. However, If you can get 17 at a good price, it’s a fantastic game and a big change from 15.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
W1der

Post by W1der »

I was able to install FS17 keeping my FS15 without any issues (bought and downloaded my game directly from GIANTS).
And doing this should normally not be a problem unless you are running low on space and need to uninstall FS15 to "make room".

Mods with FS17 is a lot easier as you can download/install them within the game menu (unless you find a mod like course play which is provided from a "3rd party website").
Usually mods does not need to be unzipped (however a few does).
Mods for FS15 wont work for FS17 ... you need to find the FS17 version (if available).

Regarding your wheel ...
The game experience of Farming Simulator definitely benefits from a steering wheel!

Some wheels has default settings that comes with the game (not sure about yours).
However ... the game supports lots of them. And even if there is no default settings it is not very difficult to assign your axis and buttons in the controls menu for FS17.
Lots of "inputs" though so it might take you a while to figure out how you want everything setup.

My advice ... start with assigning steering and pedals (these are easy to find in the menus).
For the rest of them ... assign them as you progress in your game.
Ones you detect a command while playing that you want to have set on a button on your controller. Take a note of which keyboard command is used for this ... and look for that key in the controls menu. If the description of this command sounds logical you probably found the correct one. Just add a button of your choice on your controller for that command.
The keyboard inputs will still work even if you assign a button on your controller ... so no risk of making your game unplayable.

If you run in to any issues ... just give us a shout and we will try our best to help you!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
sr73bv

Post by sr73bv »

Thank you for the replies and suggestions, trust me, there will be more questions!!!!!!
Maskell

Post by Maskell »

I have the gearbox addon and when I try to asing my clutch pedal to the clutch nothing happons none of my pedals will reconise for it but they do for brake and excellorate can you help
W1der

Post by W1der »

Maskell wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:02 pm I have the gearbox addon and when I try to asing my clutch pedal to the clutch nothing happons none of my pedals will reconise for it but they do for brake and excellorate can you help
Hello Maskell and welcome to the forum.

First of all, it would have been better for you to start a new thread with a suitable topic for your question ... :smileynew:

But to try to help you with your issue.
If I remember correctly there is an option to enable / disable the clutch for this mod (it might be set to "auto clutch" for you as is).
I cant remember what button to press to disable the auto clutch and I am not using this mod at the moment.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I’d recommend getting WinRar as some mods you’ll find are zipped as a .rar file.