Weeders : E3 Demo

Earnest Pea

Re: Weeders : E3 Demo

Post by Earnest Pea »

Weeders might be more common in Europe. Before they showed up in the game, I had never seen one.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I guess organic farmers will need to use weeders. I haven't seen one myself though.
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

Only ever see farmers who farm organically using Weeders here ,they can't use chemicals , it's not as effective as spraying though and they weed their fields every couple of weeks till the crop is tall enough to suppress the weeds , very time consuming if you had big acreage to cover
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

\im glad they made the weeders more immersive. i was hoping they would actually pull out weeds for fs 17 but im glad they added it this year.
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

It was something that needed to happen cause unless you used the smallest scale farmers weeders we do inefficient as to be completely pointless
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

garyst wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:45 pm Everyone I see spraying with self propelled sprayers in my area seem to be going faster than 7 mph looks more like 12 to 15 at least and never really see any spots they miss when spraying herbicide the whole fields look clean after the weeds and grass die.
I agree...if guys are slowing down...its to 12-15 mph from even faster speeds. Spraying faster isn't exactly ancient history. Sprayers are getting taller, faster and with wider spans.

As far as weeders are concerned, yes, it's usually either a small farm or organic farm tool. We run a small farm but do use a smaller self propelled sprayer. In fact, we just sold the last and only weeder we had because it wasn't being used. There is a small window of a few days when they can be used before the crop...in our case corn, gets too tall. The window gets shorter if the weather doesn't cooperate. It can take a week to run a weeder over the amount of land that can be covered by a sprayer in a single day, or less.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

DeereJason wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:46 am
garyst wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:45 pm Everyone I see spraying with self propelled sprayers in my area seem to be going faster than 7 mph looks more like 12 to 15 at least and never really see any spots they miss when spraying herbicide the whole fields look clean after the weeds and grass die.
I agree...if guys are slowing down...its to 12-15 mph from even faster speeds. Spraying faster isn't exactly ancient history. Sprayers are getting taller, faster and with wider spans.
This is why it's becoming less common for sprayers to drive along at faster speeds: https://sprayers101.com/how-fast-should ... my-sprayer.

It's a relatively new theory, which might be why some haven't adopted it (there will loads of other factors for faster or slower spraying too of course, depending on crop, height, climate, weather, ground conditions and so on and so on).
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

There's a lot more that goes into sprayer speed and drift. Yes, drift does occur, but its all in how the machine is set up. There are different nozzle choices that produce different droplet sizes, there are drift additives. There is also air assist options like Mazzotti has. Not every setup performs the same at simar speeds.

Hagie's current operators manual has a chart with nozzle choices and set up requirements that have a speed range from 4-20 mph. I. Not suggesting a 20 mph sprayer speed, but the mean average is a far cry higher than a measly 7 mph.

There may be crop consultants that suggest slowing down, but you'll be hard pressed to find a sprayer manufacturer that will tell customers that slower is better.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Organic for sure - take a look
http://frontlinkinc.com/brands/einbock/
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Weeders? Man it would be cool if GIANTS would confirm they are a thing in FS19 hu?

Oh wait.. I am a GIANTS guy.

Sweet so:

Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
empato

Post by empato »

That`s great news, thanks for that LIS *thumbsup*
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

So... weeders pull weeds now instead of fertilize. Great! :D - Now, just irrigation and pesticides.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

I'm pretty sure this was already confirmed, since there will actually be weeds in FS19 that can get 'pulled' ^_^
Guess Lisertan had a nice weekend =P
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

I had :D

There are weeders and sprayers, you can use both ;) it's not fertilizing anymore. HOWEVER both work only up to a certain growth state, after that, only spraying works.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

I'm pretty sure I heard the same about weeders in FS17, though they still work after the first growth stages xD
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<