telehandler

bigskinner

telehandler

Post by bigskinner »

The telehandler with the logging pickup don't pickup , anyone else find this problem.

OK , sold the yellow one , picked up the red one in the centre , works much better
bigskinner

Re: telehandler

Post by bigskinner »

UPDATE, l was wrong , the red and white telehandler , is the same it wont pick up on flat level ground , and when it does , it hasn't got a strong grip . it starts vibrating , then drops it .
So when all the telehandlers do the same when the log attachment is used , l,m thinking the log attachment is not programed properly.
Needs a strong grip, and when grabbing a log from above , the grip goes right thru the log and don't pick up , if you try to pick up by leaving the 2 bottom lifters flat ,then the top part of the lifter does the same , after an hr of messing with it, you may be able to pick up a log.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Use the manure fork,loads better
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

The log fork is probably made more for unloading a trailer than picking up logs from the ground.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
W1der

Post by W1der »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Forestry is far from perfect in the game and is also probably the feature where you need to practice the most to be able to do it.
But after hours and hours of practice you learn how to go about it to handle/adapt to the short comings of the game engine.
Ones you get a "grip of it" it is well worth the time spent on building your skill level as it is quite a lot of fun!

This is one of the features of the game that can not be done in a "rush" ...
Easy on the sticks and a lot of patience is the trick!

When it comes to picking up logs with the telehandler log fork I pick it up from "above" ... and also if you have problem with the logs "vibrating" try loosen the grip a bit and it will be more "relaxed".
As the grip has "issues", the best practice is to pick up the logs so that they are well balanced in the fork (a must if you want to be able to loosen the grip).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

Good advice from W1der , take your time and practice with a variety of machines , I find its easier the load with a frontloader or telehandler with a manure fork equipped with a grab or the Agram mod
bigskinner

Post by bigskinner »

Non of the forestry equipment works any good , thinking about selling them all back , and stick with farming.
l took a huge load of logs on the big trailer to the train , got out to operate the crane , got lined up above the logs , lowerd the claw , tightened it up , lifted up the logs , BOOM , logs flying everywhere , what a nightmare complete ******** haaaaaaaa , ended up taking logs one by one to the wood selling place on the ground by the shacks ,and even that was no picnic , telehandler kept dropping every one wheather you grabbed it from above or try to slide it under the log , bludy joke , and the whole huge trailer load of huge logs only paid me 20,000 , l can make more then that on a 5 min mission harvesting wheat.
l spent 2 days harvesting them logs , not worth it
bigskinner

Post by bigskinner »

Patrick73 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:01 pm Use the manure fork,loads better
Thanks for the tip , MANURE FORK WORKS FINE
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

bigskinner wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:28 am ...lowerd the claw , tightened it up , lifted up the logs , BOOM , logs flying everywhere...
As mentioned previously, if you close the grip too hard, then yes, the logs will fly everywhere. Rigid-body physics for you :)
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

I honestly never have problems with forestry lol
But I have no idea how it works with mouse and keyboard.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

If your still having issues I found that a skid steer works best
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I hated logging until the BSM excavator came out.

FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!