GAME CONTROLLER (Wheel + Joystick) ... binding tips!

W1der

GAME CONTROLLER (Wheel + Joystick) ... binding tips!

Post by W1der »

Not sure how many of yous are using a steering wheel + joystick for this game.

Anyways ... here is a tip for a "smooth" setting for camera controls.

I think most are using the joystick to control the front loader and some are still using the mouse to "look around".
There is an easy way to "clone" your joystick and use the axis for more things (like panning the camera around).

This is possible as the game supports double command (even triple commands).

I am using the trigger button as a "modifier" for everything related to the camera.
Look around, switch view, zoom and other functions for camera input that I get from using the "quick camera mod".

This enables me to adjust the camera angle without letting go of the joystick.
Super useful when operating the front loader!

Also ... with some practice, you camera movement becomes super smooth (do not forget about the setting for camera speed).
When you get used to it your game will start looking like a "movie", especially when using the "outside view" of your vehicles ... :coolnew:

... :hi:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Guil

Re: GAME CONTROLLER (Wheel + Joystick) ... binding tips!

Post by Guil »

I have neither but thanks for this little guide.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Great tips n tricks thanks.What joystick do you use?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
W1der

Post by W1der »

Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS
http://www.thrustmaster.com/sv_SE/products/t16000m-fcs

I am really happy with this one ... !
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

W1der wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:10 am Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS

Yeah, Once I’ve bought my new cpu this’ll be the next thing in line.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
oolykee

Post by oolykee »

Really good tips there W1der. Thank you for that. I had to do it the long way by experimenting.

I have Saitek bundle but if you gonna use it a bit more better go with better wheel and pedals.

Saitek wheel is to light and breakable. :D I got myself G27 and it's much better wheel as well as pedals.

But if you have fund do get yourself Saitek side panel. For me it's a must! I love it!

Hope it helps.
Check out our channel:
https://goo.gl/EUTkLW

New video every day.
Here is the newest one:
https://goo.gl/SrBkQ1

Check out our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Oolykee-Gaming ... 843882487/
Ronan25303

Post by Ronan25303 »

Does anyone no if the saitek steering and side panel works on console if not is there any steering wheel that does
W1der

Post by W1der »

Ronan25303 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:49 am Does anyone no if the saitek steering and side panel works on console if not is there any steering wheel that does
viewtopic.php?f=896&t=104630
2Tees

Post by 2Tees »

Nice tip on the modifier keys. Not everyone knows about them
I use the little thumb stick on top of the joystick (no idea how it is called) but when going from a mouse to that its a long time until it feels natural. Maybe a big difference for me as I am using a keyboard + mouse and the joystick for any (front)loader and crane. Not a wheel.
Also the position isnt right for me using a normal flat desk. The joystick is too high vs the keyboard. In the end I mix between using mouse and joystick. Joystick being a lot easier to shovel things around
W1der

Post by W1der »

I even used this feature when I was playing with the "side panel".

For anyone not familiar with the joystick on the side panel it has a "toggle switch" and the default setting for this is ...
Mode one: front loader inputs.
Mode two: camera inputs.
I got frustrated with this though (as most of the time it was in the wrong mode depending on what I wanted to use the stick for).

I remapped the camera so that it was engaged by pressing/holding the long "space button" (button 21!?) located just in front of the stick.
Pressing it and operating the stick to look around worked really well!
Topazy

Post by Topazy »

Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS

It's been a while since I had a fight stick and I must say this is a nice way back Into use a fight stick. Control feel sold and has smooth operation. It's a little weird to map for star citizen. But so far it's really responsive if looking for a good setup this is a good mid grade way to go
[Win10] Intel i7-8700K 4.5GHz / GTX1060 OC 6GB GDDR5 / 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 SDRAM
W1der

Post by W1der »

I took my T.16000 apart to see if it was easy to connect "custom buttons" to the PCB inside.
Turns out there are wires inside, not to hard to "hi jack", if anyone would want to give this a try.

When I redesign my setup for FS19 I will go about my "external buttons" this way!
gifer12

Post by gifer12 »

can you use a racing weel for cansel if that what for the consels
sohaibkhalid614

Post by sohaibkhalid614 »

thanks for giving us such great knowledge as it would be very useful.
W1der

Post by W1der »

2Tees wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:06 pm Nice tip on the modifier keys. Not everyone knows about them
I use the little thumb stick on top of the joystick (no idea how it is called) but when going from a mouse to that its a long time until it feels natural. Maybe a big difference for me as I am using a keyboard + mouse and the joystick for any (front)loader and crane. Not a wheel.
Also the position isnt right for me using a normal flat desk. The joystick is too high vs the keyboard. In the end I mix between using mouse and joystick. Joystick being a lot easier to shovel things around
I am working on a new controller setup ... do not pay any attention to the messy desk ... :blushnew:

The idea is to add some custom buttons on the tilted panels behind the joysticks.

Both pillars are "jammed" between the floor and the desk disc, resting against the metal frame that is a part of the "legs" for the desk.
The wireless keyboard is only resting on the plates like a "bridge", making the construction easy to remove to be able to push the steering wheel aside if I need to use the desk for anything not gaming related.