GAME CONTROLLER (Wheel + Joystick) ... binding tips!

Leonara

Re: GAME CONTROLLER (Wheel + Joystick) ... binding tips!

Post by Leonara »

Hi Guys,

I have a similar setup to the one above, my wheel is a GT Driving Force, has the same look to it, but older. Instead of having a second joystick on the left I have a Logitech G13 gamepad, on the right I have a Logitech 3D Extreme joystick.

I mapped the camera panning to the D-Pad on my steering so I don't need the mouse. I can steer and change my camera view while driving. Allows me to never let go of the joystick if I'm logging. Camera movement is easy to get used to on the D-Pad. Have a try, sure you will like it, no more need for the mouse.

Tony...
tractorgod5678

Post by tractorgod5678 »

hi guys fairly new to all this but im a console gamer and cant seem to find a good set up for my xbox i want something simillar to the saitex panel but that is only compatable with PC is their any suggestions would be great
W1der

Post by W1der »

tractorgod5678 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:50 am hi guys fairly new to all this but im a console gamer and cant seem to find a good set up for my xbox i want something simillar to the saitex panel but that is only compatable with PC is their any suggestions would be great
Hello and welcome to the forum!

There is a discussion about this in the topic below (link) that might be helpful.
viewtopic.php?f=896&t=104630
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Farmhand2016

Post by Farmhand2016 »

Just a note of thanks for you guys in the forum for putting me onto Logitech's warranty program. The Logitech support team were a blessing to work with. I didn't realize my Saitek controller had a two year warranty. It was beginning to have a steering issue after only four months. I contacted them and within a few days I was notified the new "bundle" was being shipped. This is the fourth Steering wheel to go bad. #2 and 3 were rebuilds, no more. I would have tried to warranty the first one had I known (my own fault for not reading the fine print). So a big thanks goes out to all you fellow farmers!
Leonara

Post by Leonara »

Hi Guys,

I bound my DPAD keys on my steering wheel to the camera, that way I can steer, move my camera and also use my joystick while logging or farming without ever using the mouse. try it, its the best setup ever. The dpad is great because e as you drive you can pan all around. Works in all versions of FSXX
bzacon

Post by bzacon »

Really worth getting dual joysticks. You can always buy just one, and then save up for a 2nd (I bought 2 used Saitek Cyborg EVOs many years apart) but get something ambidextrous and with a hat switch, even if you're starting with just one joystick. You'll want to get a 2nd one for your other hand eventually. Hat switch is great for quick and dirty camera adjustments while doing loader work, and you can layer other vehicle functions onto the hat switch, for example using a joystick trigger. You CAN layer camera and loader/crane controls on the same axes, but having your joysticks dedicated to crane/loader is a huge step up for immersion. Also, remember, if you unplug your joysticks and plug them into different ports, they may switch places with each other. This has confused me a few times. Just unplug and switch the cables back if they're a matched pair.
Tip for Logitech wheels with force feedback: the arrows for self-centering in "Logitech gaming software" go by steps of 10, but if you click in the box, you can type in any number. I like to run 5% centering force:)