Feedback on the Baltic sea map

kahfs

Feedback on the Baltic sea map

Post by kahfs »

I have played 3 game days (5x speed) on the Baltic sea map. It feels a lot like the Old Stream Farm, just with more fields and some of them a little bigger. I think some of the farm buildings are identical or only slightly modified. As a fan of maps with all animals on the same farm, this a very nice map for my taste. Although the fields are rectangular, there are still some curvature to the road system, which, by the way, is a nice mixture of dual lane, single lane and field dirt roads. Grass fields have fences, but others are open and easily accessible from neighboring fields. No unrealistic detours to get from one field to the next.

The emphasis on this map is farming rather than production plants. However, there is a small paved space for placeables. I had to extend that with another none-paved field to get enough space for green houses.

This map is located at the sea, hence all fields are fairly flat.

I do have two issues.
  • I can't feed the pigs. As soon as I tip feed, it says there is enough feed for 3 days. But the orange bars on the animal screen says otherwise.
  • I use the mod Liquid manure texture fix, but this seems to have no effect on this map. The soil is darkened and the fertilizer effect is obtained, but it doesn't get the manure-like texture the said mod is supposed to produce.
There are no error messages in the log file.

Thank you to the author for a great map.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
kahfs

Re: Feedback on the Baltic sea map

Post by kahfs »

Happy pigs. After saving and reopening the map, the issue with pig feeding seems to have disappeared. I can now tip all types of pig feed into the trough and the orange feed level bars turn green. *thumbsup*
FusionAudio

Post by FusionAudio »

I like the map.there is some places were vehicles stop like there hitting a invisible wall...great map..it has my full attention.
Jämtvargen

Post by Jämtvargen »

I absolutely adore this map. Redkeinstus has done a phenomenal job on this map.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya this is definitely one of my favourites. I’m almost done summer (3 day seasons, 5x speed) I’ve also upgraded to all fendts the 700 you start with, a 500, and a 300 for my yard tractor. I’ve also made a orchard with four apple trees and some fence beside the garden on the main farm
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

redglasses wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:40 pm Ya this is definitely one of my favourites. I’m almost done summer (3 day seasons, 5x speed) I’ve also upgraded to all fendts the 700 you start with, a 500, and a 300 for my yard tractor. I’ve also made a orchard with four apple trees and some fence beside the garden on the main farm
redglasses, I tried to make an orchad. But my fruit trees didn't follow the season. They were green long before all other trees and scrubs turned green. So it didn't look right. Are there some season compatible fruit trees out there?
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

No the apple and orange trees for console are not seasons compatable so they are green year round. What i do is only put manure and water on them for one season, i go summer because thats my least busy season. That way im only getting income off of those trees for a short time like in real life. On baltic i planted grass in garden and have 10 trees and 10 bee hives.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya the only problem is there is no season mask, I just ignore it though. Anyways let’s get back to the topic. I think there might be another spot in the yard to build another small orchard
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Tippwarrior

Post by Tippwarrior »

FusionAudio wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:14 am I like the map.there is some places were vehicles stop like there hitting a invisible wall...great map..it has my full attention.
The invisible walls have been on all of his previous maps. I think it makes for a great edge to the map and plus you know where they are because the fields with the invisible walls arnt numbered
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

It turns out that I can't feed pig feed made by the Futtermischerpack_by_Kastor v.1.4. On the other hand I can buy pig food at the mod Pig food tank v.1.0.0.0. and the pigs will take it. Perhaps there are different definitions of what pig food is.

Another issue I have is that a plough will convert grass borders to arable land regardless of the plough being set to "Limit to field" or "Allow create field".

To me, these issues are not a big deal. But be careful with hired helpers armed with a plough.
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

I think the intention was to run field clear to the road making it more realistic. I kinda like it that way. For hired hands you need to lay out the field and then let em go.
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Loving the map and I'm going retro with old style MF equipment as it kinda fits with the map and fields..Also for those that I'm sure are going to ask , unless someone can tell me differently there appears to be no gold nuggets , well i haven't come across any yet but then i don't bother with them but people are going to ask..so can anyone confirm that there are no nuggets on the map.?...but there are some interesting things hidden around in forests etc if you go looking..
You keep a Troshin :hi:
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Noticed a small bug on fields 48 & 49..they are mixed up so if you buy 48 you end up with 49,also the missions don’t work because of this.its not a game breaker if you know about it
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

the animal prices are still the same on day 3 of fall. same as day one of spring. 3 day seasons, xbox 1. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Ntw1986

Post by Ntw1986 »

Its nice but i get some lag outside cow barn and alot to the point of freezing at the pig trough. On xbox one
Also just tried to save and its just sat on save screen