FS 19 Driving experience and Steering Wheel support

fundj112

FS 19 Driving experience and Steering Wheel support

Post by fundj112 »

Hi guys, I just bought FS 17 on sale and its an awesome game. I used to play ETS and its driving experience is awesome. How ever in FS 17 I didn't feel much comfortable. Steers way too fast and road side posts are just dummies, you can go over them. I also feel no weight even with huge equipment. I hope FS 19 will includes good driving experience. Playing with steer wheel is extra fun and hope the steer wheel support will continue on FS 19 as well. What you guys think? any information on this?
Alagos

Re: FS 19 Driving experience and Steering Wheel support

Post by Alagos »

99.99% sure steering wheel support will stay.
If you want more immersive physics and play on PC try the More Realistic mod, it will change your driving experience a lot
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Samira

Post by Samira »

In the ModHub there are a better steering and engine break effect mods. i use them beside keyboard steer to have a better and more comfortable driving experience with keyboard
W1der

Post by W1der »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I agree with you, but there are some things you can do to improve the experience.

I have the Logitech G920 with the possibility to lower the steering sensitivity in the software that comes with the wheel.
With the setting at 40% I have to give a lot more input on the wheel which makes it feel a lot more realistic. Mainly as I really have to slow down to be able to keep up with the steering according to the speed.

Also ... do not buy engine upgrades for your vehicles in game.
Going with the weak engine option gives you more of the "heavy equipment sensation"!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Alagos wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:15 pm If you want more immersive physics and play on PC try the More Realistic mod, it will change your driving experience a lot
If the changes to the driving experience made by MR are too extreme for you, you can also use a couple of mods that make improvements but are not as heavy:
Better Fuel Usage: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
Keyboard Steer (the name is a bit missleading since the changes introduced by this mod also take effect when using a wheel or gamepad): https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
Swinging Axle with Frontloader (Axle Lock remover): https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
FillTypeMassAdjustment for FS17 (realistic loading masses): https://www.modhoster.com/mods/filltype ... degewichte
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
fundj112

Post by fundj112 »

Looks like we have good enough mods to play. I am gonna try them. Thanks all for the inputs.
DavidStudioTVT

Post by DavidStudioTVT »

On the PlayStation 4 and the Logitech G29, you're not edited. You need to edit it so that Lofitech G29 can also rotate the camera and so put the L2 and R2 button rooting the camera thank you :)