Anybody on consoles want to play on the key board

W1der

Re: Anybody on consoles want to play on the key board

Post by W1der »

That *censored* for a game like this!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I moved from PC to console and I've never had an issue with the presets. :confusednew:

It takes about 5 mins to get reaquainted with the controls after I play a different game for a while.

Try Kerbal Space Program on the console and prepare to have your head explode from the amount of button combos you have to remember. :smileynew:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
W1der

Post by W1der »

Of course it´s not really hard to learn the default key bindings (when these are available).
But if you have a wheel and joystick (a lot of buttons) ... you can benefit a great deal from switching things around to have the controls setup in a more convenient way.

On my controllers that I use for this game, I have well over 100 "buttons" to pick from (no need for the keyboard other than MP chat) ... :geeknew:

If more mods with scripts where made available for consoles ... it would be a lot more challenging to map the button layout to get everything to "play out".
Not impossible though!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Redneck Farmer

Post by Redneck Farmer »

Earnest Pea wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:09 pm
kane1973 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:18 pm because we got more keys to use (hazard lights for example)
On XB1, hazard lights are RB + DPAD Up. Turn signals are RB + DPAD Left/Right. Don't know about the PS4, but it must have something similar.

No RB+DPad up is not hazards on Xbox one RB+DPad up is the beacons. To get hazards or (for ways) no Xbox one you have to use a keyboard. now for some reason this does not work for ever one no Xbox one. For example there's some that plays no Xbox and he uses the One S and he posted videos and pic's of the for ways working no Xbox. And me on the other hand i'm on a One X and for some strange reason i can't get my keyboard to work with the game and Yes we both have the same keyboard.
XBOX ONE and PC
Redneck Farmer

Post by Redneck Farmer »

Earnest Pea wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:54 pm Giants can't do that. The console makers won't allow it.
it's not that console makers won't allow it. it's that sony wont allow it look at games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim Xbox allows mods with third party scripts to be used for those games but for the same games on PS4 Sony WON'T allow the same third party scripts.
XBOX ONE and PC
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Redneck Farmer wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:07 pm No RB+DPad up is not hazards on Xbox one RB+DPad up is the beacons. To get hazards or (for ways) no Xbox one you have to use a keyboard. now for some reason this does not work for ever one no Xbox one. For example there's some that plays no Xbox and he uses the One S and he posted videos and pic's of the for ways working no Xbox. And me on the other hand i'm on a One X and for some strange reason i can't get my keyboard to work with the game and Yes we both have the same keyboard.
I believe thats already been clarified, but thanks anyway.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Redneck Farmer wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:23 pm it's not that console makers won't allow it. it's that sony wont allow it look at games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim Xbox allows mods with third party scripts to be used for those games but for the same games on PS4 Sony WON'T allow the same third party scripts.
I did know that at the time of my post, but didn't feel the need to get that specific. Regardless of whether it's one or both, the end result is the same: no scripted mods for console.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1