What Equipment is everyone using on Lone Oak Farm

fcdrifter13

What Equipment is everyone using on Lone Oak Farm

Post by fcdrifter13 »

I myself have started with a c10 chevy pickup and a allis Chambers WD45, I also didnt start out at the main farm and am kind of doing it a little different. I sadly am not a farmer and dont know exactly what I should be looking at getting for mods and such as I move my way up the chain. So what is everyone else playing with. Id love to see how different everyone is playing the map, because that to me is one of the most interesting parts of this game.

These are from my first day. I started out in the north west part of the map near the store, like across the street, and I own field 16 and thats it. So I will be progressing and "unlocking" farms and animals by buying the fields surrounding those farms before I use them. So right now I am using the Allis and a bunch of old old implements, even a trailed harvester, before I move up. But I am having trouble finding a good stepping stone. I have a ford 40 series picked out that I like, but does it fit the map well. I see them for sale a lot so I figured so but I am always looking for feedback.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
Addictedtofs

Re: What Equipment is everyone using on Lone Oak Farm

Post by Addictedtofs »

I have two Case Magnums for tractors.
I have the Horsch pronto and tiger. I have the Bredal fert spreader and the Einbock Pneumaticstar 900. Also the Tatra Terno ITR with the grain container. And finally I have the Rostselmash RSM 161 with the draper stream 900.
Last edited by Addictedtofs on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Sticking with the original equipment and working up from there. Planning to stick with case at least for now. Although I did replace the mowers with a big m.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
empato

Post by empato »

I`m using 2x John Deere 8530 and a Case Magnum as tractors and 2x New Holland CR10.90 with 9m cutting unit as harvesters.
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I am all Massey Ferguson. I found the nuggets and have a 5600, 7700 and an 8700. And one activa combine. I sold almost al the starting eqpt but kept the auger wagon and semi truck.

I play on hard with seasons but I wanted a little boost to get started! I bought one additional field, the one just north of the farm that is to the east of the pig farm. I will buy the one with the lone oak in it next once I get rolling.

Great map!!!
Phun_Ghoul

Post by Phun_Ghoul »

Running two JCB Fastrac 150's and a Maxxum 5150, Kept the two starter combines and truck and running a sheep operation alongside some arable farming. Running 9 day seasons on Hard with MoreRealistic. did some very mild map editing to make the main farm grain bins hold a more realistic amount (~45,000 Bushels as opposed to 100,000L) and planning to run all livestock types once all the fields are bought up and my toys get a little bigger *thumbsup*
~4500hrs spent ploughing virtual soil. No regrets.
Going broke the old fashioned way in Lone Oak on PC.
Gamer Grill, Makes delicious burgers and steaks.
#Transfarmers
~~~PC Specs because everyone cares about those.~~~

Intel I3-6320 Duo-Core 3.9GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
8.00GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
1Gbps Internet speed for Multiplayer
WQHD 2560x1440p 120Hz Monitor
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

The first thing I did was mow both the starting fields with the starting Case tractors and discbine mowers. I baled one as hay and put the other in the silage clamp. Then, I installed seasons with the US Midwest geo. I sold one combine, one tractor, the Great Plains drill, the crops in the silo, and bought a Case Puma 240. I'll go from there.

I did find all but 2 nuggets (saving them for hard times) and I'm glad I did as I probably wouldn't have seen so much of the map. I'm completely blown away by this one.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
W1der

Post by W1der »

I kept most of the original equipment needed to get in to cows straight away.
Just finished mowing and baling one of the grass fields, waiting for the wheat in F45 to mature (the ladies needs their straw).

Collected all the nuggets, so I am getting rid of that small combine and thinking about how big to go for my investment regarding a new one.
I will also need a bigger sowing machine which will most probably be the Väderstad "rapid".

I now have a bunch of grass, hay and silage bales that I am not really sure about where to store on this farm ... :hmm:
Any suggestions on this?

This map is really appealing to me.
Not sure if it is just "luck", but it seems as if this is made by someone that actually played this game quite a bit and put some thought in to it.
There is something for everyone in this landscape!

The only thing with maps with a lot of "details" (placed objects) is that I cant move them to make room for things that I want to "store" where they are placed.
I do not like it when my farm looks like a junkyard ... :smileynew:

When the map is updated I will probably go in to the editor and remove them ... (but that will ruin the possibility to open it up for MP).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

I stacked/stored 32 bales each of grass/hay/straw in the barn directly in front of the cows,it has 4 stalls, but 1 has deisel in it, so bales in other 3,& stashed the loader/bale fork inside the room on the end.
I make jokes that others don't get.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Yea, I was thinking about using these stalls for it also.
But one has a barrel inside it (this is what I meant by placeable objects that can be a bit frustrating).
But I guess I will have to learn to "live with it" ... :mrgreen:

Also bought myself an animal transport ...
Never realized that you can "open" this up (for ventilation I guess) until today, as I did this by "accident" while driving through the animal dealers building, resulting in a "tight fit" ... :lol:

[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

24 hours on map.
Still have the Twinstar, and the little harvesters.
At 12 hours traded one of the 1455's for a Valtra T, on skinny tires for spraying/bailing.
At 20 hours traded the other for a Valtra S, for plow/culti/seeding.
Upgraded the mowing / baling equipment.

Bought the field south of the Lone Oak tree. (Any word on which fields are owned IRL by the Lone Oak farm?)

I roleplay my character, so I bought a truck and moved into the little house by the chicken farm.
I have also roleplayed stopping for tacos at TacoFarmer's trailer. :)

Not equipment, but random other stuff:
I hope the field texture issue gets fixed. The grooves from plow, cultivator and seeder do not align with the tool that is creating them.

Had to cut down the Lone Oak tree once, just to see if lightning would strike me down. Reloaded immediately after, as the hill looks strange without it.

I am always disappointed by bushes that cannot be plowed. I guess BSM has the monopoly on that one.

I found it interesting that the property sign does not have a "555" number. Instead it is the phone number for "Total Property Resources".
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

W1der wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:19 pm
I now have a bunch of grass, hay and silage bales that I am not really sure about where to store on this farm ... :hmm:
Any suggestions on this?
I stored 57 round bales and hay equipment in the gray shed that's next to the slurry pit. Bales went in the open side and equipment in the side with doors.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
PJ8696

Post by PJ8696 »

Still using the original equipment from the start but looking to get a bigger sower and harvester because the processes take a long time with what you start out with.

Also, Farmer216, the guy that created the map said that he's looking into a fix for the ploughing lines and will try and fix it ASAP.
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

K.... si ive got the original setup till...imma upgrade tho. here is what i plan to do. Sell one of the 1455s as well as a stuff ton of silage... find all the gold nuggets and then buy a T8, Horsh Pronto 9m, maybe a new combine. (I still have both 1660s but put 25 foot headers on them) i plan to buy sheep and a massey 365 to keep at that farm, also buy a bigger grain trailer for my semi.. New Holland forage harvester with a pickup header and the big krone trailer. and then buy a 399T as my main farm fert Tractor.... im really excited about this actually/
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

W1der: in the pic of that stall, I am sure it is a shovel for the front loader, not a barrel. Looks it from the picture anyway

Edit, never mind, hadn’t seen the barrel behind it 😆😆